2009 Nissan Maxima Leaked

Source: Autoblog

Forums are fast becoming the bane of automakers that've spent a lot of time, energy and money coordinating a new car's debut. Nissan was hoping to debut the all-new 2009 Maxima tomorrow during the New York Auto Show, but forum Supernissans.net has burst this carmaker's bubble a bit early. Six pics of the new 2009 Nissan Maxima were posted on this forum, which we've included in the gallery below, and more have begun showing up on other sites around the web. We'll have details on the car, as well as more live shots and high-res official photos, tomorrow morning when the new Maxima rolls out on stage in the Big Apple. Until then, we're sure you're eager to check out the pics and discuss this polarizing design in the comments.

my09maxima_06.jpg

my09maxima_13.jpg

9080318.005.mini2l2.jpg

9080318.005.mini3l2.jpg

116necn.jpg

21c5ee8.jpg

2z71kpu.jpg

Polarizing best describes this design. The taillamps remind me more of the Civic Coupe than the Yaris. The front end reminds me of the last gen Q45. I will wait to say if I like it or not when I see pics of this car in different colors, especially a darker color. The interior looks ok. Nothing groundbreaking. It definitely looks luxurious.

The front could've been so much better if the headlights didn't have that backwards sweep to them. Still, I think it is a definite upgrade over the current Maxima.

WOW, Talk about a Toyota knock off in the back and a Honda knock off in the front and a bit of Mercedes knock off on the side. 3 aged designs glued together to show as a new design, but already clearly dated. THis thing will make people think 2000 or 2001 by next year and yet it is supposed to be a 2009????? :puke:

I REALLY like it......(am I the only one?)

I love the distinctive touches.....I think it's nicely-differentiated from the Altima and, especially, the G35.....which it will very likely compete.

I'm one that absolutely hated the last-generation Maxima......so for me, this is a refreshing change.

The tail lights definitely scream Yaris. Overall I don't think it's that bad. The front looks odd, like they took the head lights and grille and just moved them down a few inches, also giving the hood a weird cut line. It will probably look better in dark colors.

i like the interior... and the coke bottling... and that is all

why is the whole car curvy and such... and then the grill is just a straight up rectangle? also, im a big fan of weird headlight treatments... but this one is executed poorly and looks terrible

and is it just me or in the profile view does it look like the front end is higher up? weird...

my09maxima_13.jpg

lincoln-mks.jpg

toyota-yaris-yrx-2006-791148.jpg

9080318.005.mini2l2.jpg

That being said, I think it looks alright overall until you get to the front. The headlights are funky but I don't mind that, it's just the square grill and air dam that look out of place. My first impression was GTR meets a truck front styling. It doesn't match the rest of the car...like it came from a different design proposal. Fox that and it would be better. The interior is definitely reminiscent of an Infiniti, but that's not a bad thing, besides not being particularly original.

Certainly a jar to the senses when I first looked at it, but it's growing on me already. It is distinctive. I too love the coke bottle sides. The grille sort of reminds me of a Scion tC. Overall, it certainly has emerged from the shadow of the smaller Altima, which is a good thing, and I love the little "4DSC" sticker's return.

I love the distinctive touches.....I think it's nicely-differentiated from the Altima and, especially, the G35.....which it will very likely compete.

I'm one that absolutely hated the last-generation Maxima......so for me, this is a refreshing change.

No... You aren't the only one... :scratchchin:

However, I'm more interested in the upcoming Buick Invicta concept. :thumbsup:

designers these days all struggling to make the same impressions, aggressive from the front, refined from the back. Sooner than later there will be a new fad and not everyone will be going for aggressive, in your face personality. you can express tension in the lines without going for an aggressive expression, but that's where every single automaker is at right now, well maybe not every brand. Ford is still soft, Chevy is friendly and strong, but seemingly every brand these days, the character they want to give off is strength, aggression, confidence.......and then they all finish it off with the sophisticated/classy/timeless Euro rear end.....will this become a staple and become overused?

this car is pretty bad. I agree that its disorganized. That's a shame because of all of Nissans recently introd designs, there hasn't been one I don't like, now comes this.

my09maxima_13.jpg

lincoln-mks.jpg

toyota-yaris-yrx-2006-791148.jpg

9080318.005.mini2l2.jpg

That being said, I think it looks alright overall until you get to the front. The headlights are funky but I don't mind that, it's just the square grill and air dam that look out of place. My first impression was GTR meets a truck front styling. It doesn't match the rest of the car...like it came from a different design proposal. Fox that and it would be better. The interior is definitely reminiscent of an Infiniti, but that's not a bad thing, besides not being particularly original.

Damn the "lowly" Nissan Maxima looks way better in profile than the "luxury" Lincoln........

designers these days all struggling to make the same impressions, aggressive from the front, refined from the back. Sooner than later there will be a new fad and not everyone will be going for aggressive, in your face personality. you can express tension in the lines without going for an aggressive expression, but that's where every single automaker is at right now, well maybe not every brand. Ford is still soft, Chevy is friendly and strong, but seemingly every brand these days, the character they want to give off is strength, aggression, confidence.......and then they all finish it off with the sophisticated/classy/timeless Euro rear end.....will this become a staple and become overused?

this car is pretty bad. I agree that its disorganized. That's a shame because of all of Nissans recently introd designs, there hasn't been one I don't like, now comes this.

Hmmmm......I'm the exact opposite of you on this, Turbo.

This is the FIRST Nissan in many recent years that catches my eye.....or that I could see myself in.

I'm with Camino on this: a strange mess. I see 2nd-gen Aurora in the beltline...

I'm afraid modern design is in a slow grinding toward a halt, so expect to see more 'weirdness' and more copying in the struggle to be 'different'. There's very little freedom in auto design anymore...

That thing is fugly in front! About the only shot of it where it looks decent is the rear 3/4 shot. The rear is not bad and plays on previous generation Nissans. That front end is just..... :puke: I can't even begin to express how much I dislike that front end. The interior looks nice except it is way too dark. Why must auto manufacturers always pair up dark wood finishes with dark interior colors? Throw a lighter color wood finish in there to brighten the thing up a little.

My '84 Maxi used to leak too... mostly P.S. fluid, but at least it was RWD.

This thing looks like it was beaten with an ugly stick after it fell out off the ugly tree & got run over by the ugly wagon.

I don't really like it, but I think it's fairly distinctive compared to the last maxima. looks much more sporty now...has an edge to it.. has much more Z in it's lines

I kind of like it. It has character. The headlights are a little odd with what I'm assuming are wraparound cornering lamps. The inset headlights remind me of the old Nissan NX2000, and there's some Q45 and Honda S2000 in front too. The rear is an improvement.

Hmmmm......I'm the exact opposite of you on this, Turbo.

This is the FIRST Nissan in many recent years that catches my eye.....or that I could see myself in.

Yeah, but you also like the Avalon, regfootball.

:AH-HA_wink:

Honestly, it's a massive improvement over the previous design. It hits and misses on a few details, and I'm reserving judgement on the interior until I see it in something other than black-on-black, but overall it's not bad. Agreed with those that say it now is now sufficiently differentiated from the Altima.

-RBB

I like murano, G35/G37, FX update, the mini FX, the skyline GTR is beautiful, the 350z updates were meaningful and added to a look that has worn very well over the years, and the altima and altima coupe. I think the altima and rogue were given the least effort, and now comes this. The wheelwell issue was the first thing to jump out at me, that's an old GM syndrome that I thought we would never again see. It's not that I hate it, it's decent but nothing original. I actually prefer the everyday streamlined look of the MKS to this.

Edited by turbo200

Sad to say this is not in even the top three (or should that be bottom three?) worst-looking unveilings at New York.

You probably know this: Is this the new Japanese market Teana, or a reskinned current-generation Teana?