z28luvr01

C&G At NYIAS Photo Gallery: Cadillac

28 posts in this topic

I think I am on the right side more than 40%. The Vue is built on the Theta platform that launched in 2002. The 9-4X and BRX are rumored to be more midsize on Theta premium (sounds like GM marketing at work), which incorporates Epsilon 2 with the Theta platform. At the end of the day it is still a front drive geared platform based off the Vue/Equinox. That's not good enough for a Cadillac, especially if a 180 inch long Vue is 4325 pounds. What will the BRX be if it is 190 inches long and has more sound deadening and luxury features, 4600 lbs?

The SRX is lighter than the Vue despite being 14 inches longer and have more equipment on board, and it is rear drive as a Cadillac should be. They are killing a good chassis for the low cost option.

I think I am on the right side more than 40%. The Vue is built on the Theta platform that launched in 2002. The 9-4X and BRX are rumored to be more midsize on Theta premium (sounds like GM marketing at work), which incorporates Epsilon 2 with the Theta platform. At the end of the day it is still a front drive geared platform based off the Vue/Equinox. That's not good enough for a Cadillac, especially if a 180 inch long Vue is 4325 pounds. What will the BRX be if it is 190 inches long and has more sound deadening and luxury features, 4600 lbs?

The SRX is lighter than the Vue despite being 14 inches longer and have more equipment on board, and it is rear drive as a Cadillac should be. They are killing a good chassis for the low cost option.

Your point is nothing short of excellent. I completely agree and think it's mere GM corporate bobbleheadedness. The Cadillac is a response to what they view as a failed pricing strategy with SRX, and Cadillac at large. They've failed to understand the market demographics, if you ask me. Because around here, the SRX sells, strongly, I mean I see it quite a bit. It's one of the more homely choices, though still exciting in its own way, and when modded particularly its aggressiveness and edginess are emphaized. But in standard trim it's looking outdated, compared to the much cooler Cayene, M-class, FX, X5s of the world. Those all present luxury in a more austere, domineering, uncompromising way and do so while looking richer too. Yet you have an SRX that still gets buyers around here. Then it sells strongly on top of that.

GM as always sells itself short and suggests its the brand that cannot draw those kinds of buyers, when it was the styling dept and originally design/conceptualization that failed both the SRX and STS. Yet those are both decent sellers around here, yes they are on the bottom half of the most popular sellers around here, but with the wealth of choices available and the people on each side telling what is fashionable about thier car, it's a nice accomplishment. They would attract more of the right kinds of consumers if they made the right fashion statement with their cars.

I think I come to your defense more often than not. So that should tell you how often I think you're right. I think the only thing I would suggest to you is you sometimes may lay it on too thick both in terms of numbers of posts you use to spell out the same point and the points you make which sometimes can be overstated, but I go back to the basis of what you're trying to say, which is GM should get better, needs to get better, and I think that's a good thing to say.

Edited by turbo200

The CTS coupe was beautiful. One of the nicest cars I saw there. Being in my brothers CTS Sedan frequently, I love all the obviousness of the comfort and handling. NOT wanting to get "old" before my time, I would opt for the coupe. While I am not crazy about the yellow interior the concept car showed, I wouldn't kick it off the driveway for leaking oil! You can see a short informational video about it here: http://www.expotv.com/browse/expo/Press-Pass/Auto-2006/207

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.