C&G At NYIAS Photo Gallery: Cadillac

Wow, gorgeous shots of the Cadillacs! Black Cherry is really a nice color. I'm loving the STS-V. Oh if I could just have the balls to spend $80K+ on a car. The CTS-V, gorgeous. XLR-V, ready for a redesign. My Gawd that Coupe! Wow! That is a stunner!

I feel like I have seen the front of the Coupe before. By any chance was it the car actually under the tarp when Lutz was on 60 minutes and gave us that snippet of a preview a while back and got us all excited and worked up?

Yup, that would be it.

MMMMMMMMM! Black Cherry is almost exactly the same color as my Grand Prix GXP. If I decide on a CTS instead of a Saab in 2010, it will be a 2 door in black cherry. I'm liking the grille of the regular CTS over the CTS-V grille. :yes:

Don't buy a Saab no matter how big the rebate sticker on the windshield is. They break down, there is a reason they are in the bottom 5 of JD Power reliability rankings. Although if lots of torque steer is #1 on your shopping list, (which it probably is if you have a Grand Prix GXP), a Saab may be for you.

I agree the regular CTS grille is much better than the V-series. I just wish the base CTS grille wasn't all plastic.

Edited by smk4565

Don't buy a Saab no matter how big the rebate sticker on the windshield is. They break down, there is a reason they are in the bottom 5 of JD Power reliability rankings. Although if lots of torque steer is #1 on your shopping list, (which it probably is if you have a Grand Prix GXP), a Saab may be for you.

I agree the regular CTS grille is much better than the V-series. I just wish the base CTS grille wasn't all plastic.

I'm opposite on here.

I LOVE the CTS-v styling.....the grille, everything......but I'm less-than-won-over with the regular CTS.....liking my '07's more-edgier styling alot more.....

What I don't like about the 08 CTS is the C-pillar is huge and the trunk looks stubby and high. The old car was better proportioned, but the new front end is better. The bulging wheel wells make the car look a little chunky as well, I like that they tried to make it more aggressive looking, but it doesn't look as sleek as it could. Falls way short of the Jaguar XF, even with the odd headlights on the XF.

Cadillac is going to regret dumping DOHC V8 plans or V12 plans, because BMW is working on a twin turbo V10 that makes 625 hp. So much for Lutz claiming "the CTS-V will suck the doors off the M5." Although I'd be more impressed by a 30 mpg CTS than a 600 hp one.

The 2010s appear to be setting up to be to this generation of American cars what the 1950s was to that generation. A new begining of greatness.

Killing the STS, SRX, XLR, and DTS and replacing them with a dressed up Vue and dressed up, long wheel base G8 with V6 only power is a new beginning of greatness?

Killing the STS, SRX, XLR, and DTS and replacing them with a dressed up Vue and dressed up, long wheel base G8 with V6 only power is a new beginning of greatness?

you know, ive sat back as you some some stupid things with no reasons or motives then to stir $h! up around here for your own pleasure.

when you post, it physically hurts me... i mean, i feal actual pain.... i really want to sum up your posts with a quote from Billy Madison:

what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

According to Car and Driver Cadillac really is killing the SRX, STS, DTS and XLR in the 2010-2011 time frame. 3 of the 4 renaissance cars will be gone. I am actually glad to see the DTS go, although replacing it with a Holden Caprice style car isn't much better. I was really optimistic about Cadillac in 2003-2004, it seemed like they were on the comeback, now they have just leveled off and seem to be giving up almost, and content to be like Lincoln and Acura.

I was there today, and I didn't want to get out of that red XLR-V. I love the look of the dash, and how low the car sits! Overall I thought Cadillac had a nice display, easy to navigate, lots of friendly "How can I help you?'' s and I listened about the new CTS-V. I thought the display was nicer the Infiniti and Audi which didnt have much.

According to Car and Driver Cadillac really is killing the SRX, STS, DTS and XLR in the 2010-2011 time frame. 3 of the 4 renaissance cars will be gone. I am actually glad to see the DTS go, although replacing it with a Holden Caprice style car isn't much better. I was really optimistic about Cadillac in 2003-2004, it seemed like they were on the comeback, now they have just leveled off and seem to be giving up almost, and content to be like Lincoln and Acura.

As far as I know, its impossible to predict the future greatness of cars, and you don't know how significantly the future large Cadillac will be over the standard Zeta based cars. The SRX will be redundant once the BRX comes along, so why have two? It's just cluttering up the lineup. The SRX is getting dated and in need of either a redesign or a scrapping. So as far as I can tell, if you know something we don't know (which I highly doubt), then spill it and stop beating around the bush, until then, wait and see and stop polluting the board with your smk posts.

All cars break down eventually. Your sweeping generalizations are getting old and are full of ignorance. I'm sorry, but the ignorance police is going to have to arrest you.

Btw, most grilles are cars nowadays are plastic.

Oh, and it's not a good idea to treat PCS like he's a moron when he's not, he works for GM and jusging by your posts, you don't sound like your qualified to work for Wal-Mart.

The SRX will be redundant once the BRX comes along, so why have two?

The AWD Vue is 4325 pounds, the AWD SRX V6 is 4320 pounds, despite being much larger, the SRX weighs less. The SRX chassis is superior to what the BRX will ride on, and is rear drive. The front drive BRX won't ever handle like the SRX does. The SRX also has the best interior of any current Cadillac including the CTS. The SRX suffers from dated looking exterior and it looks like a station wagon.

Most cars have plastic grilles, but BMW and Mercedes do not.

Edited by smk4565

Yesterday while at the show, a friend and I checked almost every car we sat in for a plastic or metal grille. I did notice that GM seems to be moving towards metal (Our G6 has the metal/chrome grille and looks much better then the plastic one on the G5). I also noticed that plastic is much more common the I would have thought. Its a little thing, but I think metal (or really just having less plastic) adds to the pride in ownership in some small way (plastic comes across as cheep to those looking at your car for the first time, plastic brakes, etc), though there are some things much more important then a grille alone. Did anyone notice the BMW switch gears in the 750 at NYIAS? My firend has a 2000 740 and was shocked at how cheep the new controls looked and felt compared to his 740 or even my Aurora for that matter.

The AWD Vue is 4325 pounds, the AWD SRX V6 is 4320 pounds, despite being much larger, the SRX weighs less. The SRX chassis is superior to what the BRX will ride on, and is rear drive. The front drive BRX won't ever handle like the SRX does. The SRX also has the best interior of any current Cadillac including the CTS. The SRX suffers from dated looking exterior and it looks like a station wagon.

Even though smk's ideas of 'facts' are as cemented in reality as Homer Simpson's at times......at least 40% of the time he is on the right side of the argument.

Displaying his loose interpretation of facts here, he cites the upcoming BRX as just a Vue, and reality is obviously far removed from us smk. I think you've got some major blinders on if you think you are convincing many here or making winning arguments. If I give you credit for one thing it's a cogent argument based on one factor we're all quite unpleased with: the increasing obesity of GM cars. That's if you care about what you're putting out and how it reflects on you. Another point for you is, each time you make a good point, you go and make five other bad points based on completely infactual garbage, like this. The Vue is not going to be the base for a platform that has a mixture of Theta and Epsilon. You're only point in doing this is to try and make GM seem more like perpetual screw ups then they already are based on exaggerations of the truth. You must become balanced if you want respect and credibility otherwise you just sink to the bottom of the post heap. It's kind of like Hilary Clinton, she can keep on lying and pretending like it's not going to catch up to her and people won't catch on, but eventually the truth comes back to get you.

I completely agree with you on the concept of killing the SRX for a smaller vehicle that will potentially and likely come in around the same weight. I'm also in total agreement the SRX has the best Caddy interior, potentially the best GM interior. So fundamentally, your argument should be based on a positive image of the SRX and a positive vehicle overall, and seemingly another mistake in GM squandering not only name recognition, but a market segment as well.

I think I am on the right side more than 40%. The Vue is built on the Theta platform that launched in 2002. The 9-4X and BRX are rumored to be more midsize on Theta premium (sounds like GM marketing at work), which incorporates Epsilon 2 with the Theta platform. At the end of the day it is still a front drive geared platform based off the Vue/Equinox. That's not good enough for a Cadillac, especially if a 180 inch long Vue is 4325 pounds. What will the BRX be if it is 190 inches long and has more sound deadening and luxury features, 4600 lbs?

The SRX is lighter than the Vue despite being 14 inches longer and have more equipment on board, and it is rear drive as a Cadillac should be. They are killing a good chassis for the low cost option.

I think I am on the right side more than 40%. The Vue is built on the Theta platform that launched in 2002. The 9-4X and BRX are rumored to be more midsize on Theta premium (sounds like GM marketing at work), which incorporates Epsilon 2 with the Theta platform. At the end of the day it is still a front drive geared platform based off the Vue/Equinox. That's not good enough for a Cadillac, especially if a 180 inch long Vue is 4325 pounds. What will the BRX be if it is 190 inches long and has more sound deadening and luxury features, 4600 lbs?

The SRX is lighter than the Vue despite being 14 inches longer and have more equipment on board, and it is rear drive as a Cadillac should be. They are killing a good chassis for the low cost option.

Your point is nothing short of excellent. I completely agree and think it's mere GM corporate bobbleheadedness. The Cadillac is a response to what they view as a failed pricing strategy with SRX, and Cadillac at large. They've failed to understand the market demographics, if you ask me. Because around here, the SRX sells, strongly, I mean I see it quite a bit. It's one of the more homely choices, though still exciting in its own way, and when modded particularly its aggressiveness and edginess are emphaized. But in standard trim it's looking outdated, compared to the much cooler Cayene, M-class, FX, X5s of the world. Those all present luxury in a more austere, domineering, uncompromising way and do so while looking richer too. Yet you have an SRX that still gets buyers around here. Then it sells strongly on top of that.

GM as always sells itself short and suggests its the brand that cannot draw those kinds of buyers, when it was the styling dept and originally design/conceptualization that failed both the SRX and STS. Yet those are both decent sellers around here, yes they are on the bottom half of the most popular sellers around here, but with the wealth of choices available and the people on each side telling what is fashionable about thier car, it's a nice accomplishment. They would attract more of the right kinds of consumers if they made the right fashion statement with their cars.

I think I come to your defense more often than not. So that should tell you how often I think you're right. I think the only thing I would suggest to you is you sometimes may lay it on too thick both in terms of numbers of posts you use to spell out the same point and the points you make which sometimes can be overstated, but I go back to the basis of what you're trying to say, which is GM should get better, needs to get better, and I think that's a good thing to say.

Edited by turbo200

The CTS coupe was beautiful. One of the nicest cars I saw there. Being in my brothers CTS Sedan frequently, I love all the obviousness of the comfort and handling. NOT wanting to get "old" before my time, I would opt for the coupe. While I am not crazy about the yellow interior the concept car showed, I wouldn't kick it off the driveway for leaking oil! You can see a short informational video about it here: http://www.expotv.com/browse/expo/Press-Pass/Auto-2006/207