One Step Closer...

...To no longer being annoyed by the Beast. :P

I joined a credit union yesterday. Now it's just a matter of finding a vehicle I like... perhaps the hardest part of all. I started looking for cars over two months ago and I've really only found two I thought were worth purchasing. They both didn't last very long before they were sold. Otherwise, I can't seem to find anything that I could realistically see myself driving. Most of the time, there's just something about each vehicle that puts me off. Generally, something like price, mileage, transmission (I really don't want another automatic), condition, or desirability (there has to be some appeal to it). I can't find a good combination of all that. I'm more or less open to just about anything that's a car (no trucks, SUVs, minivans, or crossovers), "traitor" comment inducing Toyotas (though you won't see me in a Camry or Corolla), included. I've looked at just about everything thus far. I wish a few of the vehicles I've come across over the past year were still available.

The SVX's windows-within-windows concept always make me laugh. If I ever have the chance to make an SVX owner roll his windows down, I'll make sure to ask him if I'm at the correct window to have my paycheck cashed. :smilewide:

But, seriously, you'd have a better chance at a one-night stand with the celebrity of your choice than find a SVX for sale near you.

Edited by YellowJacket894

There's a red Fiero SE that is 10 minutes away from me, patiently waiting for a loving owner. The price is cheap too, I believe.

You all know I love Fieros, but they're out. It'd be too much of a project, even if I found one that was babied. Plus, I would only consider an 88 Formula/GT with the 5spd... And those are impossible to find in good condition for a respectable price.

But, seriously, you'd have a better chance at a one-night stand with the celebrity of your choice than find a SVX for sale near you.

Not that hard, actually. I've found a few before... and I'm pretty sure I've never been with a celebrity. Do myspace whores count? :P

Actually, there's this one car that tempts me because of personal reasons... and if it were had a manual transmission, I'd probably be sold on it. Clicky.

Wouldn't the point of this to be a step up from the Millenia? A '95 GA would be a step back in every possible way. If you're going to look at GAs, at least look newer. Honestly, for the price of the one you posted, you could find a 99+ GA in pretty good shape, just wouldn't be green.

...I can't seem to find anything that I could realistically see myself driving. Most of the time, there's just something about each vehicle that puts me off.

*nods*

I know the feeling, bv, and it is basically why I never got a "winter beater" for this past winter. Nothing older I saw really appealed to me. The best one I looked at was a '79 Caprice, but I didn't like it because it was 2-tone green. Price was right (under $2K), but I didn't want the 2-tone green....

Thought about getting something newer, but couldn't find anything newer I could see myself driving on a permanent basis....

Cort:34swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve&pacemaker

WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"Everybody wants love to be easy" ... Nitty Gritty Dirt Band ... 'Stand A Little Rain'

Wouldn't the point of this to be a step up from the Millenia? A '95 GA would be a step back in every possible way. If you're going to look at GAs, at least look newer. Honestly, for the price of the one you posted, you could find a 99+ GA in pretty good shape, just wouldn't be green.

A step up from the Millenia? Is that possible?! :P

Honestly, I loved my Grand Am. I didn't love the engine, however. The 3100 fixes my only real gripe about the car, though it gives me another with the transmission affixed to it. I'm not really looking for a car to compare to my Millenia... or else I'd just get another Millenia. This is why I'm considering more than luxury sedans. I'm open to compacts, roadsters, coupes, etc. None are really comparable to my Millenia. I'm more or less looking for a car that isn't going to be a pain in the ass like the Cutlass. One could argue that Grand Am could be, but then so could any vehicle. It's a matter of finding one that was well taken care of. Plus, as mentioned, I have emotional ties to these Grand Ams, being that my first car was one. This is all besides the fact that the automatic tranny essentially removes it from consideration. If only...

Also, no, you can't find a decent 99+ Grand Am GT for $3300. You can hardly find a decent one for $5000, atleast not in my area.

Edited by blackviper8891

I know what you're talking about, Vipes. You get an idear in your head, look for a while, get discouraged, then move onto the next idear. Too many toys! Good luck in your search. Green Pontiacs also park in my heart every day.

The SVX's windows-within-windows concept always make me laugh. If I ever have the chance to make an SVX owner roll his windows down, I'll make sure to ask him if I'm at the correct window to have my paycheck cashed. :smilewide:

yeah i saw my first svx about 4 yrs ago and was like wtf that thing has 2 sets of windows?

Low-mileage is always a plus. But do you really want a Lumina?

Like, seriously. Think about it.

Not at all.

I'm still really tempted by that Grand Am. They've dropped the price to $2950. If it I could get it for around $2600... I don't think I could resist. The engine alone means it's alot better than my old GA, and it looks to be in alot better condition, not that mine was in bad condition. As well, parts would be easy to find and certainly cheap. I could always get something better and more desireable down the road a bit. I just need to get out of the Cutlass, period. The more I drive it, the more that goes wrong and the gas mileage manages to get worse than it already is. Pretty soon it's going to be unsellable and I'm going to be stuck with it forever... haunting me. :P

I dunno if I'd pick a GA over the Millenia...why not just fix it, get a paint job for it and presto? You'd still spend less I bet than on a "new" car.

The distributor not fixing it = It's returned to the back burner. I'm not going to throw money away trying to fix something that no one can diagnose. :P

Besides, the whole point of getting it back on the road was never to drive it, it was to sell it. That's still the plan. I might just replace a few things and sell it at a loss, whatever I can get for it. I want something different and while I love the car, it's never going to overshadow the place in my heart held by my Grand Am. This isn't about which car is better. Again, I'd get another Millenia if that where the case. The only car I'm really comparing my considerations against is the Cutlass. As long as its better than it, it'll be good enough for me. I could always get something better when Im able to actually save money, which is impossible with the Cutlass' fuel economy and the Millenia's issues.

I'm not sure how much cheaper it would be, anyways. Paint jobs arent cheap. It also needs body work to repair the rust, a front bumper, a foglight, a mirror... And that's just cosmetics. It also needs tires and brakes all around, a suspension link... That's before we get to the issue of getting it to run correctly. That adds up rather quickly. I don't think I can justify it now. I drove the life out of it and let it go too long. If I had repaired issues as they came, I would be in a wholly different position right now.

Edited by blackviper8891

I don't care how many miles are on it... I would not buy a freakin' 13 year old Lumina for $4500...

I think you misunderstood him... there's a decimal point missing. He meant $45.00... right? Right? :AH-HA_wink:

Heres one, but its a long ass drive, LOL Clicky

...is this the one you're looking at?Clicky

I don't want a Grand Am that's not like the one I had. That's pretty much the only reason why I would want one in the first place. :P

I think you'd have to pay someone $4,500 to drive a Lumina.

Pretty much.