The one thing I don't like about Holden

Kind of tough to buck my own traditon after owning these two:

87ecss002lo0.jpg

70ecss003uz0.jpg

... and a black Monte Carlo SS, and a black '57 Chevy, and a black 340 Duster, and my black Silverado, and my black Firehawk, and my black Maserati...

Choo Choo!

Does that mean that "project camino" will be black too?

is this black you speak of the same as the new black granite metallic thats new for the colorados this year? whats up with the extra cost on that? i also noticed they changed to Inferno orange metallic instead of my sunset orange metallic. charge 265 for it as well. whats up with that?

is this black you speak of the same as the new black granite metallic thats new for the colorados this year? whats up with the extra cost on that? i also noticed they changed to Inferno orange metallic instead of my sunset orange metallic. charge 265 for it as well. whats up with that?

I doubt it is the same, Holden generally doesn't share paint colors with GMNA models. But it could be very similar. If you've ever seen a black 2004-06 GTO, that's the color. Up close you can really see the metallic, from a distance the color just looks off a bit without the sharp gloss of a solid black. Its ok, just not what I want.

I agree, I prefer straight black to metallic black, as well. GM had a metallic black on the L and N bodies (and possibly other cars, I don't remember) and the fullsize trucks in the late 80's, it didn't last long. There is something pure about straight black and straight white that metallic and pearl detract from. I don't care for pearl white, either. Reminds me of a certain body fluid. Edited by ocnblu

I'm just a purist when it comes to black.

I can't help thinking of This Is Spinal Tap when I hear stuff like this :lol:

"It's like, how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black."

That being said, I wholeheartedly agree with you. There's a LOT to be said for a car with laser-straight body panels with a flawless coat of gloss black covering them, polished to a deep shine and smooth as glass. Black is the hardest color to keep clean and impossible to hide imperfections with, so when a car looks perfect in black, you can rest assured that it has been done right. A metalflake in black is only there to hide blemishes and mistakes because nobody wants to go the extra mile to make something look perfect in its pure form anymore.

I can't help thinking of This Is Spinal Tap when I hear stuff like this :lol:

"It's like, how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black."

That being said, I wholeheartedly agree with you. There's a LOT to be said for a car with laser-straight body panels with a flawless coat of gloss black covering them, polished to a deep shine and smooth as glass. Black is the hardest color to keep clean and impossible to hide imperfections with, so when a car looks perfect in black, you can rest assured that it has been done right. A metalflake in black is only there to hide blemishes and mistakes because nobody wants to go the extra mile to make something look perfect in its pure form anymore.

Maybe the answer will be to look for someone to do a show quality repaint once I get the car.

I could get proper white stripes as well instead of the factory stickers.

:scratchchin:

Is there anything about the vehicle you like? :rotflmao:

:rolleyes:

Don't be rediculous, I love it as is. Just thinking about some personalization I might choose to do.

Afterall, the temptation to turn it into an El Camino is there as are the parts to do the job.

Let's see if I can resist the urge.

:rolleyes:

Don't be rediculous, I love it as is. Just thinking about some personalization I might choose to do.

Afterall, the temptation to turn it into an El Camino is there as are the parts to do the job.

Let's see if I can resist the urge.

Hmmmmm, that gives me an idea, maybe I will order this vehicle as my next PEP car, with some minor changes of course. I will have the hood and front fascia changed to this. Also left hand drive instrument panel and Chevy wheels. :AH-HA_wink:

chevyluminaexpqs6.jpg

Hmmmmm, that gives me an idea, maybe I will order this vehicle as my next PEP car, with some minor changes of course. I will have the hood and front fascia changed to this. Also left hand drive instrument panel and Chevy wheels. :AH-HA_wink:

chevyluminaexpqs6.jpg

You do that, and you have to send it to me when you are done with it. :lol:

Sounds just like my recent Malibu saleslady. Mom wanted silver or (shocked me...still) black, and the black offered is Black Granite metallic. Pure black is always great, as long as you're a careful detailer...otherwise, stay away...and the Black Granite also looked great, but I've yet to fully settle on it.

That said, speaking with the saleslady as we searched for different color combos, and her own son recently having bought a Black Granite Malibu himself, she said "You know, it's a nice color, but I don't really like it because it's not that really crisp, pure look of regular black."

I agreed, but like both. One thing, to me as a detailing fanatic, that stood out was the SLIGHT potential for a little more forgiveness in slight marring, spiderwebbing, etc. with the metallic. All will still show (white included), but not as extremely as pure black.

So, for you...YES, go totally new and different with color :AH-HA_wink: The fun is just WHICH one...hmm...

Edited by caddycruiser

My Acadia is "Carbon Flash" and I paid extra for it. I like black, and I must say I have gotten some comments on the color of the Acadia because people do not expect to see this metallic flake going through black paint. I think it adds some visual interest because the paint has some travel when the sun gets into it.

chevyluminaexpqs6.jpg

Das ist Holden! :rotflmao:

Edited by YellowJacket894

Eine Waffel ist eine Waffel! :smilewide:

You should know Mrs. Butterworth, after all I still own and love my Grand Prix GXP, what's in my sig is only a company car after all, and if you knew GM as well as you say you do, you would understand that, I'm at a level now that requires me to drive one, so I do. You try to draw attention away from yourself and your Camaro purchase by pointing at my sig, doesn't work like that, you will have to buy that Camaro or I will forever laugh at you, and I do mean forever. :smilewide:

You should know Mrs. Butterworth, after all I still own and love my Grand Prix GXP, what's in my sig is only a company car after all, and if you knew GM as well as you say you do, you would understand that, I'm at a level now that requires me to drive one, so I do. You try to draw attention away from yourself and your Camaro purchase by pointing at my sig, doesn't work like that, you will have to buy that Camaro or I will forever laugh at you, and I do mean forever. :smilewide:

Whatever you say, PCS. :P

Well shoot, Kaycee, I didn't mean to insult your new Acadia. When I look at Carbon Flash, I think of dark gray, not black.

I didn't take what you said as an insult, and I don't get bent out of shape when someone insults my transportation devices. I have thick skin.

Gloss black is boring in comparison to metallic or pearlescent black.

Man, do I ever disagree!

I like metallic and pearlescent paint, just not with black. Nothing and I mean nothing looks as good as a properly detailed solid black car.

Still, Caddycruiser may be right that a complete change is in order this time around. If solid black were offered, there would be no debate. But since it is not, I may go for something much wilder if I get that chance. I sure hope to see the color choices expanded well beyond the current G8 options.

Man, do I ever disagree!

I like metallic and pearlescent paint, just not with black. Nothing and I mean nothing looks as good as a properly detailed solid black car.

Still, Caddycruiser may be right that a complete change is in order this time around. If solid black were offered, there would be no debate. But since it is not, I may go for something much wilder if I get that chance. I sure hope to see the color choices expanded well beyond the current G8 options.

Of course, the problem with a properly detailed black car (whether metallic or no) is that twenty minutes later you see the dust on it. :(

Of course, the problem with a properly detailed black car (whether metallic or no) is that twenty minutes later you see the dust on it. :(

Having owned a great many black cars, I understand the difficulties in keeping them nice.

Frankly, I don't care. When a black car is right, it is really right. :AH-HA_wink:

Having owned a great many black cars, I understand the difficulties in keeping them nice.

Frankly, I don't care. When a black car is right, it is really right. :AH-HA_wink:

Being that all I ever buy is black, I don't care either. Just sharing the malady of the choice to have a black car.

You have that kinda time to take out of your days to laugh at someone forever? Gosh PCS, GM needs to give you some more work to do. :lol:

BMW solves this by offering black in both metallic (black sapphire) and non-metallic (jet black) forms. Simple.

I bought silver because the other car in stock was metallic black and I didn't care for it as much.

If Holden does that my problems are solved.

But I'm not going to hold my breath, it seems that they haven't used solid black in quite some time.

You have that kinda time to take out of your days to laugh at someone forever? Gosh PCS, GM needs to give you some more work to do. :lol:

They need to put him to work down in Elizabeth, under a hot Australian sun, making sure each and every Ute gets a good old fashioned spit shine on each and every tire, with Bob Lutz behind him, cracking a cat-o-nine-tails if he gets it wrong. :smilewide:

They need to put him to work down in Elizabeth, under a hot Australian sun, making sure each and every Ute gets a good old fashioned spit shine on each and every tire, with Bob Lutz behind him, cracking a cat-o-nine-tails if he gets it wrong. :smilewide:

When I go it will be to Melbourne, not Elizabeth. But I'm sure it won't be long until Elizabeth hears the message I bring. :AH-HA_wink: