GM cars you miss seing the most

Was thinking about this old thread, and realised there is a car missing from this thread.

Most of the cars mentioned in this thread, I see from time to time... sure, it may be months or even years between sitings, but I still see a Chevette or a Fiero probably 1 or 2 times a year.

What haven't I seen "in the wild" in probably 5~6 years? Chevy Berettas. Considering they sold 50K a year until the end... and the youngest are barely 15 years old, I think its amazing that they seem to have completely disappeared since 2005. I see plenty of Corsicas... and even rare '88-'91 Pontiac Tempests... but no Berettas.

Makes me think GM bought them all back after the lawsuit was settled or something. ;-)

Even in the rust-free dry SW '79-85 E-bodies are pretty uncommon..for that matter, most any GM product over about 25 yrs old is a relatively rare sight around here (away from car shows) in the daily flow of traffic and parking lots, etc. I miss seeing the '77 and up downsized boxy B- and C- bodies, esp. the 2drs.

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

I have to wholeheartedly agree with Horse on the second-generation Camaros, namely the earlier ones. Those on here who've known me back in the day know that they're still my favorite Camaro. Especially the Baldwin Motion versions:

tn_Motion%20camaro%20magazine%20pictures%20005.jpg

tn_Motion%20camaro%20magazine%20pictures%20035.jpg

I mean just look at them. Sexy.

I don't like that I'm the only E-body on the road in any given location.

Why not?

I like driving something that you don't see everyday...just sayin'.

Cort | 38.m.IL | pigValve + paceMaker + cowValve | 5 MCs + 1 Caprice Classic

CHD.MCs.CC + RoadTrips.hobbies.RadioShows.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

* rNw-CC+event: http://rdwhl-capriceclassic.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=whatsgoingon *

"Loose your blues" __ Kenny Loggins __ 'Footloose'

You can also add me to the list of fans when talking 70-73 F-bodies. I love both the Camaros and Firebirds of this vintage.

Things went to hell in 74 though (especially for Camaro).

yes. no more SS. No more big blocks. strangling emissions equipment. lowered compression. ugly styling. huge, heavy, ugly bumpers (because putting battering rams on either end of the car makes them soooo much safer).

but things had been slipping for a while. they didn;t get their grove back arguably until the IROC-Z showed up.

I don't like that I'm the only E-body on the road in any given location.

Why not?

I like driving something that you don't see everyday...just sayin'.

CHD.MCs.CC + RoadTrips.hobbies.RadioShows.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

* rNw-CC+event: http://rdwhl-caprice...rd=whatsgoingon *

"Loose your blues" __ Kenny Loggins __ 'Footloose'

Because they are (to me) some of the best looking cars on the road when they are taken care of. Saw a gazillion old Tercels and Echos on the highway here in Toronto today.... who wants to look at that? :sneeze::Toyota::yuck::puke:

Because they are (to me) some of the best looking cars on the road when they are taken care of. Saw a gazillion old Tercels and Echos on the highway here in Toronto today.... who wants to look at that? :sneeze::Toyota::yuck::puke:

Fair enough.

Trouble is ... not too many of those that are still daily driven ... look much better than any of my cars. If they look good, they are driven on sunny days only, not daily.

*shrugs*

There again, it's kinda cool being the only one on the road....

* rNwJumpStartCruzNite | 5:30-10:30p; SAT, 05/12/12 | BeefVilla, 1225 W Spring St, S Elgin IL *

"You don't know what you have 'til your everything is gone" __ Blessid Union of Souls __ 'I Wanna Be There'

• 4 weeks later...

H-body Monza and Sunbird, both hatch and coupe. They were handsome little devils for their time. The Buick and Olds versions were too similar to the Chevy to count, the Pontiac was the most different in looks.

And I was thinking the last-gen N-body Pontiacs and Oldsmobiles were nice cars, Grand Am and Alero.

• Agree 2

H-body Monza and Sunbird, both hatch and coupe. They were handsome little devils for their time. The Buick and Olds versions were too similar to the Chevy to count, the Pontiac was the most different in looks.

And I was thinking the last-gen N-body Pontiacs and Oldsmobiles were nice cars, Grand Am and Alero.

Monza was a neat little car, wanted one of those back in high school.

There are days I miss seeing the E-body Rivieras (My aunt had a 1980 when I was growing up.). I sometimes miss an '84 Cutlass Supreme like one I used to own about 15 years ago. Every once in a while, I see a GM car that predates the megamove to FWD (pre-1985), and I get a little wistful. Then again, some of them are so poorly maintained and/or looked beat up and/or rusted out (in FL no less!) that it makes me sad.

Nothing is inherently wrong with FWD, unless you want to settle. A lot of FWD cars are little more than soulless appliances, meant for commuting and little else. This is why I want my next car to be a RWD car. Too bad Chrysler seems to make the only affordable ones right now.

Monza was a neat little car, wanted one of those back in high school.

So did I, they make great race cars.

Old body style S-10s/Blazers. First learned to drive on an '85 S-10. I remember visiting often down here in FL as a kid admiring sporty (IMO) looking 2WD 2dr S-10 Blazers, a rare sight in the midwest, being everywhere. They are all but gone anymore.

I miss the old Chevy Luv Trucks, those were the best mini pickup trucks Chevy ever had. To bad they dropped them for the S10 which I thought was created to just force people to always buy and replace after 2-4 years. They just do not seem to last compared to the Chevy Luv trucks.

Show me the Luv baby! :P

• Disagree 1