Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
regfootball

Ford’s Turnaround Edging Ahead of GM’s

18 posts in this topic

Okay, I'll ask it since no one else seems willing to: How? :confused0071:

Edited by YellowJacket894

Yet we have GM shareholders who fall under Mr. Burns' spell. How indeed.

GM hasn't stressed the product quality or reliability aspect as much as Ford, IMO. Sure, striking designs sell, but for many mainstream buyers, their perception of domestic cars still come from past experiences of an unreliable Chevy or Ford. CR rates Fusion and Focus reliability very highly, while the releases of GM's newer products haven't been as faultless. Ford cars tend to be more fuel efficient than GM's, too, and that is becoming more influential as truck sales go down.

GM hasn't stressed the product quality or reliability aspect as much as Ford, IMO. Sure, striking designs sell, but for many mainstream buyers, their perception of domestic cars still come from past experiences of an unreliable Chevy or Ford. CR rates Fusion and Focus reliability very highly, while the releases of GM's newer products haven't been as faultless. Ford cars tend to be more fuel efficient than GM's, too, and that is becoming more influential as truck sales go down.
:rolleyes:

Ford> : :pokeowned:< :Toyota:

Ford> :pokeowned: < :gm_logo:

Yet we have GM shareholders who fall under Mr. Burns' spell. How indeed.

I fail to see what those shareholders see in a lowly sewing machine salesman. :smilewide: :AH-HA_wink:

All that article is saying is that Ford is doing better than GM in terms of making money, which may be true. GM's vehicles are undoubtedly better, though.

What a Joke! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Care to explain why it's so funny? Ford actually makes quite a bit of profit outside of North America, and even North America is starting to look better. They have one of the best marketing guys in the business now. Also, Ford has actual plans to produce new mainstream RWD Ford-branded sedan, unlike GM who can't seem to stick to a plan. I'm rooting for the Volt, but that prototype that was supposed to be out for Easter has already been pushed back to summer. I love GM, but the indecisiveness, backpeddling, and corporate feudalism the last six months is really starting to grow tiring.

All that article is saying is that Ford is doing better than GM in terms of making money, which may be true. GM's vehicles are undoubtedly better, though.

And what does it take to make great vehicles? $$

I think by 2010 Ford will surprise a lot of people when they actually have the budget to do what should have been done in 2005.

I love GM, but the indecisiveness, backpeddling, and corporate feudalism the last six months is really starting to grow tiring.

Place the blame on conflicting agendas, personal vendettas, and the lack of having a one-hundred percent total "no-compromise" management that is willing to say "no" to anyone who gets in the way of getting the job at hand done and done right and done on the time promised. I suppose there is a little more to it than just that, but the three factors I mentioned alone are really a triumvirate from hell that puts a gunshot in the head of progress.

And what does it take to make great vehicles? $$

A wise man once said, "It takes money to make money." :AH-HA_wink:

I think by 2010 Ford will surprise a lot of people when they actually have the budget to do what should have been done in 2005.

Ford has a lot of potential to surprise, you are right. I'll admit, I've been watching Ford a little more closely here recently. :deathwatch:

Edited by YellowJacket894

All that article is saying is that Ford is doing better than GM in terms of making money,.

Which is what is funny.So let see, Ford Automotive loss $1.1 billion.vs.GM's Global Automotive made a profit of $553 million.Now you are try to tell me Ford is doing better than GM? :rotflmao:.

Ford at least has solid small car plans. While we get the (IMO) underachieving Daewoo rebadge, from Chevy, Ford will be giving us the awesome new Fiesta. The small car market is where it's at now, and while GM may be the only one with a subcompact of the 3 Domestics, Ford's new one will undoubtedly be better in every way (so long as i's not dumbed down too much).

Of course either is going to be better than Dodge badged Chery. :nono:

GM plans to import the Corsa, and the Astra is quite small, too. GM also had (and I would assume still has) plans for quite a few Gamma and Delta-based vehicles.

GM plans to import the Corsa, and the Astra is quite small, too. GM also had (and I would assume still has) plans for quite a few Gamma and Delta-based vehicles.

True.

And GM will need some solid small cars to hold on to the market...

It doesn't matter whether GM is doing better or Ford is doing better. Its not a competition, and I really don't care which one of them pulls out of the rut first so long as they both do.

Edited by AxelTheRed

Ford at least has solid small car plans. While we get the (IMO) underachieving Daewoo rebadge, from Chevy, Ford will be giving us the awesome new Fiesta. The small car market is where it's at now, and while GM may be the only one with a subcompact of the 3 Domestics, Ford's new one will undoubtedly be better in every way (so long as i's not dumbed down too much).

Of course either is going to be better than Dodge badged Chery. :nono:

Dodge has built some great cars in the past and they do great with the fullsize and specialty stuff. I would LOVE to see what would happen if they got serious about a small car.

Chris

It doesn't matter whether GM is doing better or Ford is doing better. Its not a competition, and I really don't care which one of them pulls out of the rut first so long as they both do.

Quoted for truth...

Chris

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0