Geely GT Concept

Wow. I'd like to see more angles, but from here it looks like something Fisker might produce.

Not to mention something that would look great in Buick showrooms. Something about the front end looks a little bulky, but I'm definitely impressed so far.

Guest aatbloke

Had this have been penned in Japan or Italy, I doubt there would have been any accusations of seeing "many other designs" in it as was so prevalent on Autoblog today. The fact of the matter is that this is a beautifully styled machine which stands out from the crowd in today's array of large coupes. Sure, there are always going to be similar design cues to existing models in anything new, but this is a fine effort from the Chinese.

While the Chinese themselves have produced some blatant rip-offs in the past, many of their models have been contracted out to Italian design houses yet still the accusations have been made. I've always said that the Chinese are going to be on a very fast learning curve, probably less than one-fifth of the time taken by the Koreans to reach the standards they're at today.

Had this have been penned in Japan or Italy, I doubt there would have been any accusations of seeing "many other designs" in it as was so prevalent on Autoblog today. The fact of the matter is that this is a beautifully styled machine which stands out from the crowd in today's array of large coupes. Sure, there are always going to be similar design cues to existing models in anything new, but this is a fine effort from the Chinese.

While the Chinese themselves have produced some blatant rip-offs in the past, many of their models have been contracted out to Italian design houses yet still the accusations have been made. I've always said that the Chinese are going to be on a very fast learning curve, probably less than one-fifth of the time taken by the Koreans to reach the standards they're at today.

Quite possibly it was penned in Italy.

When reading Autoblog, you look at the pictures, not the text. Fixes a lot of high blood pressure issues.

Guest aatbloke
When reading Autoblog, you look at the pictures, not the text. Fixes a lot of high blood pressure issues.

Maybe it's the term "Blog" in Autoblog which leads me to read the text as opposed to looking at the piccies.

Wow; the taillights reach to the centerline of the rear wheels- I'm surprised the headlights aren't matching that. Soon enough, both the headlights & taillights will be on the doors and cars will 'turn' 90-degrees.

Basic shape is smooth, tho generic, but most of the details need serious revision.

The front-end design is not settling well with me after viewing it again for a second time. Was it designed by the same folks who designed this?

Or they were inspired to try and one-up the G6 GXP front end.. :)

It's not too bad stylistically and I even like the tail lights, they're bold & different.

That being said I can sculpt cow s#it to look like the Venus deMilo but that don't

mean anyone will want to place it on their mantle.

• 4 weeks later...

The tail lights aren't as massive as they looked in teh earlier photos, which was probably just light reflection...they actually look pretty good. I would say work on that grill some and make it less scary, but overall it's quite goood and for once, original. I'd still never buy one though.

Quite honestly, there are some garish details BUT it seems to be a fairly fresh take on a large coupe. Compared to our chunky Asian-looking sedans on the road, this thing looks sleek, long, and low like a coupe should. As much as I like the CTS coupe, my biggest gripe is that the decklid is too short. And with the MKS and Invicta, they just seem too tall.

this is really good looking with some real great proportions. it's interesting that the side sweep along the door, greenhouse, and general shape of the car really follow the Riviera concept from Shanghai, and I don't think that's coincidence. that being said, i really agree with bimmer this would make a cool buick top end coupe, the wildcat on zeta. a CL imposing coupe for the masses, as long as the masses can afford a $40k asking price. striking though how much this looks like a riviera...

01_beijinggeelygt.jpg

Yup, def. some Riviera concept DNA there, weird I didn't pick up on that earlier.

At this rate the Chinese will have a production hardtop before GM does. <_<