NAIAS '06: Who's Going?

I am. Should prove to be exciting, especially for all the RWD fans. I'm guessing there will be a few GREAT ones from GM (Blue Devil; speculation of a Camaro or GTO), Dodge will probably have the Challenger, DCX always has some surprises, maybe that Hyundai RWD car they were talking about, maybe the next Supra or equivilent. I'm sure that GT-R/Skyline will be there. Who knows. I can't wait. Who's with me?

I want to... but I wanted to go to a GA meet too and that didn't happen. All because my dad didn't think my GA would make it. I know it would have. I've been driving the thing almost everyday for the past few months now, I ought to know what it can and cannot do. Whatever. I'd need a place to stay, though. Any ideas? Also, approximately how much would it cost?

I plan to attend this year ... but, quite a few things fell through for me this year, too ... so, we'll see as the dates get closer. We have some time yet ;).

Cort, "Mr MC" / "Mr Road Trip", 32swm/pig valve/pacemaker
MC:family.guide.future = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/
Models.HO = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/trainroom.html
"A little vacation, ain't asking very much" ... Tim McGraw ... 'All I Want Is A Life'

Do they usually have new stuff at Tampa, Fly? If so, that should be one of the first shows to have the Escalade, as it debuts in early Nov. I probably won't be going because I'll probably have a lot of basketball stuff to do, but I'll be able to go to the Chicago show, which should have even more new debuts.

I'm not going  http://www.cheersandgears.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/AH-HA_wink.gif

Rrrrriiiiggghhhttttt....

Heh...sure hope I can attend on one of the days you and NOS go....

I'll be able to go to the Chicago show, which should have even more new debuts.

Whereabouts in IL are you (if you don't mind saying...that is)? Maybe you and I can plan to go the same day, if you want....

OCCarNut and I are going.......we go every year and stay at the Courtyard Marriott downtown.... We also hope to meet up with Evok if he goes the same weekend we do.... THIS year, however, we are going to make sure we get reservations to go through the GM Heritage Museum ahead of time..... You L.A. guys.......Spirit Airlines (we like to call it "Ghetto Airlines") usually has non-stop flights from L.A. to Detroit for around $200. You leave on a red-eye, get into Detroit around 5am or so.

Do they usually have new stuff at Tampa, Fly? If so, that should be one of the first shows to have the Escalade, as it debuts in early Nov.

[post="32787"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

One would hope, but I doubt. Its not a very big or significant show compared to anything else. Just all the cars with little fanfare.

I think we were the first to see the Suzuki Reno. I nearly wet myself I was so thrilled. Or maybe it was because they parked the car next to the restrooms in a corner next to a pretzel cart.

I'd like to try to go on the same day as NOS and company, but someone has to tell me how much it'll cost, damnit. :P I have a very limited supply of money that mostly goes towards gas, so I need to know. Also, being that it's pretty far away, I'll need a place to stay. Meaning one I don't have to pay for. :D These are two things that will decide if I go... before my parent's have their say.

We should try to all aim for the same day this year. Looks like there's a good chance that me, my buddy (Ray), Josh, ChrisPauwels, and (possibly) Northie and Cort are all going on the same day. W00t!

*grins*

That _would_ be awesome ... but, keep in mind, if I go, it'll have to be a weekend day....sorry :(.

knightfan: I'm not really sure when I'll be there, but probably on the weekend sometime. It really all depends on when I have basketball practice/games and how the auto show schedule works into that. I'm in Champaign BTW.

Oh wow...you're not that far away. I have a few friends in the Champaign/Clinton/Decatur area ... next time I'm down there, I'll try to remember to let you know, in case you want to meet up....

As for the Chicago Auto Show, yes, I'd be going on a weekend, too. In fact, if one of my buddies (now living in Decatur) comes up on a weekend, maybe we all could plan to go the same day...we'll see. We have plenty of time to plan :).

And...basketball practice/games?

Me and my son are going to the Detroit show this year...First time ever!

[post="35992"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Hope you have fun! But have fun getting to the Cobo the streets and parking is so messed up its better to park in the Joe Louis arena parking.

Im going for sure. I want to go on one of the press days but I dont want to where a suit or be on T.V. like I was this year. I hope I can get tickets to the Non-Public show. Thats awesome. I want to see a Camaro and a new RWD pontiac with V8.

Last Year Was cool when Bob walked around and talked to people. I started talking about the Solstice and Future RWD. "The only Thing Limiting me from jumping through the loops is...." then i said "What is holding you back" He looked and Said "Look at this car," It was A GTO, "And thats it" I said "the GTO :blink: "
"Nope,..... Its a Car" Then it hit me, you have to figure out the loops. I counldn't Tell you what it is, it just is. Think about it!

He is the nicest guy in automotive I've talked to. He sat in the GTO so did I in the Driver seat. We talked for 20 Min until he went and talked about the Solstice to Media. We covered all the cars GM made almost and Talked about how GM will take "Toyota by the Horns" He said two things Agressiveness and Offense.

The Question I have thought About was Have steped up to the plate Now?

To me, Yes, What about You?

Me and my son are going to the Detroit show this year...First time ever!

[post="35992"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Let me know when and where my friend. I have the entire week off of the show and the days leading up as well. I'd love to get together with people from the site to talk cars and the like.

• 2 weeks later...

OCCarNut and I will be there on Thurs-Sun  the second weekend (19th-22nd.)

We're staying at the downtown Courtyard Marriott......

If someone in the Detroit area schedules a "get together" at the show, we'd love to show up....

[post="44693"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

http://www.cheersandgears.com/forums/index...?showtopic=2968

See that page. We're trying to get at least 25 of us together. That'll yield $4 off of each ticket, but, more importantly, we'll all be able to meet up!

If you want to save big money and not have to worry about trafic in downtown Detroit, stay the night in Windsor. Transit Windsor has a shuttle bus going to and from the show, there is 5 hotels within walking distance to the bus station. CTS- If your coming from B.C, Air Canada has flights from Vancouver. I returned about a week ago from training in Vancouver. . . You've got made living in B.C!

• 1 month later...
Okay! Finally I've got my mind made up. I'm going. How can I not. I'd regret it all my life if I was not there to see the Camaro. After all I've been waiting for this for almost a decade. When the 4th gen. got a little long in the tooth in the late 90s.

The only thing is... my daughter's Birthday party is the 14th (or possibly 15th) so I'll have to go somewhere between the 16th and the 22nd.

Who wants to meet the Panther? :P Edited by Sixty8panther

I'm going right when they open the doors, at 9 AM, on the 14th. We should have a big ol' meet Sunday. Lunch? Not Saturday though. And I don't have school Monday (exams T-Th) or Friday of that week. A Friday meet-up would be cool too. Not Saturday for me though (my birthday!).

Ahem!

*clears throat*

I _should_ be there either Jan 13 or 14, depending on how my recovery goes ... I don't go back to work until Jan 16.....

Cort, "Mr MC" / "Mr Road Trip", 32swm/pig valve/pacemaker
MC:family.IL.guide.future = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/
Models.HO = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/trainroom.html
"The life I love is making music with my friends" ... Willie Nelson ... 'On The Road Again'

My daughter's B-day party is the 14th... one of only a few things I will not give up to see the Camaro concept and meet up with C&Gers. :( The good news is that I'll probably be there on the 20th and/or 22nd. XP715 can't come along which sucks... but I'll try to tag along with another friend. Running out of people to ask. So far three friends are working and one just doesn't want to go at all.

Gotta say, I'm suprised some of you would spend for hotels and plane tickets just to come over to NAIAS! It's deffinatly cool to check out but I guess I'm just spoiled with being withing a couple hrs from downtown D-town. I'll be there Monday the 16th. Edited by BuddyP

Crap. Sorry I'll miss you Sixty8 ... but, if you're up to a few more hours drive west, you could come to IL..... *sighs* Maybe I just won't go ... I'm beginning to find out that half my friends are going the 14th and half are going the 21st ... I can't go both days ... and I so dislike seeing only half of people. Then again, half is better than nothing.... *pounds head on wall*

Half IS better than nothing. We all nknow it's nothing personal such is life. I just might take you up on your offer... the biggest factor will be the gas money issue. :P As I work out the details I'll keep you posted throught PM, alright K.F.? :)

So a certain member of C&G convinced me to arrive on sunday and go to the show on monday. I'd still like to meet up with some of you if you do something on sunday, but realisticly, I won't be in town till 2ish. On the plus side, we're staying at the Marriot Renisance.