Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Mysticism

ocnblu

Today at lunch, I had to go past the local BPG dealership. I immediately noticed a nice looking '09 Vibe GT in Mystic Blue with sunroof. Mystic Blue is a sort of teal color, and with the handsome 18" GT rims, it was by far the best looking new Vibe I've seen yet. After work, I decided to stop in and take a test drive. "My" salesdude was there who sold me my truck. He stuck a dealer tag on the car and I drove it off the dealer's front lawn.

The Vibe GT is pretty much a loaded vehicle, with a long list of standard stuff, including cloth seats with leather trim and a kickass Monsoon sound system. The 5-speed manual transmission and clutch work fine together. The 2.4L engine has good, smooth pickup, and seems torquey. I got up to 80 mph on the freeway before I knew it. The car has a bit more road noise than my Sierra (understandably), but it is not objectionable. And the color really grabbed me. The sticker price seems reasonable for a GT with sunroof and "smoker's package", at $20,100.

I told salesdude I'd be back in there tomorrow around 10 to have my truck appraised and to put together some figures. Not sure yet if I will chicken out, I'll let you all know.

I agree with Camino on this, the Vibe should not exist and that relationship with Toyota needs to be dissolved. I have started to whisper this in Mr. Burns' ear. :smilewide:

Wow, we agree on something, although I tend to think that maybe its Toyota that should be dissolved, :AH-HA_wink:

Horrible, horrible illness. Head on down to a Chevy dealership and test drive a new Z06. That's my prescription.

Those guys know me too well to hand me the keys. :lol:

Once the weather really breaks and I can get back in the barn to play with the nasty wagon, I'll make a recovery of sorts. Especially when I hear it fire up through those headers. 8)

Those guys know me too well to hand me the keys. :lol:

Once the weather really breaks and I can get back in the barn to play with the nasty wagon, I'll make a recovery of sorts. Especially when I hear it fire up through those headers. 8)

Oh, yeah, I am anxiously waiting for better weather so I can drive the 71Z/28 and the Sklyark to work. I love driving the Vette, but there is something about those two that is different, special.

Oh, yeah, I am anxiously waiting for better weather so I can drive the 71Z/28 and the Sklyark to work. I love driving the Vette, but there is something about those two that is different, special.

I know exactly what you mean, but I have lots of work to do before I can twist that key.

Crisis Negotiation Team to Ocnblu: "Sir, put the keys down and slowly back away from the Toyota, err um, I mean Pontiac"

:lol::lol::lol:

I saw tonight at my local dealer the color you are talking about. You really don't want to get this car, trust me :thumbsup:

Damn-you're too late! I already own a silver one! :banghead:

*POP*

Never mind, just a bad dream.... :)

The only good thing about the Vibe, and the only reason I think it should exist, is that it's GM's most fuel efficient vehicle in the US. Other than that, it's a pretty forgettable package, and as practical as it is, the Vibe is pretty blah compared to a black ASTRA XR 3-door with 18" wheels and leather....

Edited by empowah

The only good thing about the Vibe, and the only reason I think it should exist, is that it's GM's most fuel efficient vehicle in the US. Other than that, it's a pretty forgettable package, and as practical as it is, the Vibe is pretty blah compared to a black ASTRA XR 3-door with 18" wheels and leather....

Ding...ding...ding...we have a winner ladies and gentleman...and PCS also, since he's neither a lady or a gentleman.

The Astra is about a billion (and I do mean a billion) times nicer than the vibe as a small car.

Chris

Never in a million years could I bring myself to trade a REAL Man's truck

like your kickass GMC for a Corolla hatchback with a Firefly grille

Just my opinion 'Blu :)

we all know that blu really wants to drive that g8 gt instead of the vibe. he just can't bring himself to drown in the v8 thunder. the vibe is his way of knowing its ok to set foot on the pontiac lot...LOL

I wonder if he could bring himself to buy the V6 G8?

Edited by YellowJacket894

Nothing wrong with a 6 cylinder G8, I'm a BIG V8 fan, the

majority of my daily drivers have been V8 powered with

most of the rest I6, my current daily driver has a 7.0

liter Cadillac V8 but I will say with certainty that most

of the time RWD w/V6 owns FWD w/V8!

I have to agree with Satty's pecker, I mean pecking order. I will take a photo of said Vibe and post it tomorrow.

Oh, and I love to set foot on the Pontiac lot. I like the G5 GT (wish the spoiler were a delete option), Vibe GT, G6 in every configuration (except VL sedan and GXP Street), Solstice, and G8. The Torrent is nicer than the Equinox, but I understand the realignment of SUVs into GMC, as Pontiac and GMC have been linked for decades, at least back to the 50's when Pontiac V8's were used in GMC pickups.

Long Live Pontiac! I love you, Tin Indians! :)

Edited by ocnblu

I think the Vibe looks good with bigger wheels (2.4, GT). The dash is so-so, but the seats are nice.

I heart the Astra too. The only reason people put it behind other cars is beacuse it is OLD. Still looks good though.

That, and I won't forget that blue Astra chase scene in Vantage Point.... :yes: