Choppin' Compettion 10 - Pontiac GTO Ram Air 6!

Welcome to Choppin' Competition 10!

Your task is to chop the photo provided below in any way you want. Change the wheels, background, etc.

Please resize your chop to 768 pixles wide. Contestants that do so will recieve a bonus point as it takes me a long time to resize all of the entries that are not the specified size for the voting thread.

The deadline for entries is Saturday, November 5th, at 11:59 PM EST.

Here is the pic to chop (please copy + paste link into browser):

http://gm.wieck.com/forms/gm/previewpage?012572

mygraphix, nice redemblance to the '70 judge! So when is the official ending date for this chop? I see in the G6 chop post it was noted as being extended an extra week?? Edited by BuddyP

Yes, very nice way to incorperate the Firebird! I should have the birds brother done tommorow :booyah: and so far it's turning out pretty decent. Timblazer, when you see my chop, no I didn't copy your grill (hehe... mine is similar but used in a different perspective of things). Sharp looking front end! :cheers: Edited by BuddyP

Buddy, Buddy, Buddy...nice work!  Love the comparo line at the top, the only part I'm not that crazy about are the headlights, but hey...KICK ASS! :chevy:

[post="34749"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Thanks!... what's your thoughts on the headlights? Maybe show them turned off? My only gripe about the thing is I think I need to rework the cowel a bit. The 2 scoops that were on the original GTO pic would work nicly considering the 1st gen Camaro Standard hood (no scoops but had the 2 inset hood lines). But was just trying to do something else to deviate from the original pic..... thoughts???

Thanks!... what's your thoughts on the headlights? Maybe show them turned off? My only gripe about the thing is I think I need to rework the cowel a bit. The 2 scoops that were on the original GTO pic would work nicly considering the 1st gen Camaro Standard hood (no scoops but had the 2 inset hood lines). But was just trying to do something else to deviate from the original pic..... thoughts???

[post="34779"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

That hood was also found on some LT1 Camaros..

Change the color.--Add some headlights.--and--Add a LARGE DRAMATIC RAM AIR 6 hood and you have it!!

[post="34679"][/post]

I did add headlights but I didn't like they way they looked. Not that I illustrated it in the picture, but they would probably be covered like the headlights on the old 69' camaros. Probably should have changed it to the firebird or camaro. I put a retro firebird/camaro grill on a GTO???

This is better than the headlights I had, but not really a GTO anymore. I guess I'll call this the 2007 firebird. This is my "official" entry.
Posted Image Edited by timblazer03

• 2 weeks later...

oopss... i swear i have ADD.

There is a lot more i wanted to do to the picture but didnt have time for (esp fixing left headlight). I had to rush through much of it despite the extended time period. This one was fun though so i might finish it and put it in the member showcase.

What i wanted to achieve was a more gto-ish gto.
Posted Image

Edited by fuel_sipping

Kinda crappy (especially the driver's headlight/grill) but wanted to enter something in..
Posted Image

[post="39049"][/post]

Decka, that's beautiful. You got my vote.