Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

How the Mighty Have Fallen!

My daughter will be 16 on June 23rd. Before you say it SuperSport623, I know it's your birthday too, that only makes my heartburn that much worse. I told my daughter that I would not be home on her birthday because I will be working out of the country and because of that I told her to pick something she really wanted for her birthday and I would get it for her (foolish me).

Who knew she would ask to see the Jonas Brothers in concert with 3 of her friends and she wants me to drive them there and go to the concert but not sit to close to them. This concert is in Pennsylvania (Yankee Land) in the summer, which means a trip back home to the USA (two airline tickets), and all the humiliation I can stand.

If only I had a son! :rolleyes:

Edited by Pontiac Custom-S

any idea what she wants to do later in life? follow her old man's steps and *cough* ruin *cough*... excuse me... uh. what? well, in some hearts and minds. lol

She looks like her mother but thinks like me, we have the same taste in food too. However since she was a little thing she has wanted to be a doctor. Her grades are extremely high an has been invited to attend several pre-med classes this summer at various universities.

So know I don't think you need to worry about her following her old man, as you put it! :AH-HA_wink:

Yeah the Jonas Brothers are like the new Hanson, so pray for me! :rolleyes:

My daughter will be 16 on June 23rd. Before you say it SuperSport623, I know it's your birthday too, that only makes my heartburn that much worse.

:rotflmao: :ohyeah::lol:

i might have to sit through a crappy concert in PA.... me and your daughter could celebrate our birthdays! :AH-HA_wink:

yesterday i was haning out at this hobby shop my friend owns.. and we were listening to whatever crappy radio station he had on.. and they were giving away tickets to this concert... and my only thought was "who the f**k are the jonas brothers?"

the only recent concert i REALLY wanted to go to? van halen! :smilewide:

yesterday i was haning out at this hobby shop my friend owns.. and we were listening to whatever crappy radio station he had on.. and they were giving away tickets to this concert... and my only thought was "who the f**k are the jonas brothers?"

the only recent concert i REALLY wanted to go to? van halen! :smilewide:

I'll go with ya, but only if they give Wolfy the boot and bring back Michael Anthony. :censored: Wolfy.

I have a boot of a VH show from this tour, and Wolfie can hold his own on bass and background vox. Honestly, if Ed needs to play in front of his son to stay clean, so be it. Given what Ed did to Mike for the '04 tour with Sammy not being a part of VH is probably the best thing for Mike. He seems to be having more than enough fun doing gigs with Sammy.

Jeez, that last paragraph does sounds like a soap opera, doesn't it.

It could be much worse...we could have Bikini photo's of Borger SR. and not the daughter.

Seriously, as the father of three teens...it's a great time to be a dad...fun to watch your kids grow up...

And when it comes to having them drive you will be very very glad you don't have a teenaged son.

Chris

What if your son wanted to go to the Jonas Brothers concert?...then you'd really be in trouble.

How so? I'm a very liberal parent, there's a point you have to trust the good parenting you have done over the years and hope your child/children make the right choices.

Are you testing me scharmer? I'm actually glad my daughter included me, cause I'm way cooler than her friends parents, at least that's what her friends say. :AH-HA_wink:

How so? I'm a very liberal parent, there's a point you have to trust the good parenting you have done over the years and hope your child/children make the right choices.

Are you testing me scharmer? I'm actually glad my daughter included me, cause I'm way cooler than her friends parents, at least that's what her friends say. :AH-HA_wink:

that's what they tell you