Posted Image

Fusion
Posted Image

Taurus
Posted Image

Freestyle
Posted Image

We need different gauges.

At least they all have different backgrounds. The Fusion's, Freestyle's, and Five Hundred's look pretty decent. Helps with family identity, I guess.

Since when is continuity amongst a brand's vehicles bad? All the dashboards are boring but they're not that bad hen you consider the source and competition.

Since when is continuity amongst a brand's vehicles bad? All the dashboards are boring but they're not that bad hen you consider the source and competition.

[post="32756"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

A: Its a craptastically boring design.
B: Its bland when used in every non-truck non-Mustang car.
C: Its even used (with different appliques) on the Zephyr...
Posted Image

I doubt anyone really thinks of similar guages when they think of brand identity, so I don't think having the same layout for guages is really going to give any continuity to a brand. Lots of GM's guages suck too, so I won't be too hard on Ford. The new stuff (Cobalt, Solstice, Sky, Aura, HHR) seem to have better guages, but I'd like to see them go farther still and adopt the LED guages the Asians have, at least in Cadillacs, Buicks, and Saturns.

What sucks about Ford? Their headlights. Spare the Mustang, they all have a lot of "wasted space"

Yeah, what the heck really sucks about these? Most are a MILLION times nicer than some of the crap GM is still using, not to mention the overall designs, materials, and fits inside those interiors are STILL better than most GM's. Good example--go sit in a Ford 500, touch, play with, and feel around, and then go do the same in an Impala. Ignoring the fact that both are about as homely and dopey outside as a car can get (though the 500 actually is a bit ritzier outside, in truth, than the dumpy Impala), you'll see that the 500 actually feels and looks like a car more expensive than it really is, while the Impala is just finally at a level a GM econo car should have been at many years ago. At least Ford is using higher quality materials in every new design, not to mention MUCH more expressive styling than any of GM's constant blandness.

Aside from the Fusion, there are no expressive Ford designs out there.

The 500 and Impala are about equal in terms of interior quality. Personally, I don't feel either are that nice, and the Impala at least looks more interesting. The 500 is a brick with the ugly Ford radio and plood. It looks like a VW interior from the 90s.

Posted Image

At least the Impala has an original shape and a non-ugly radio.
Posted Image

I'd say the Impala's guages are pretty good too:

Posted Image

Nice post Flybrian. The really sad thing for Ford is that the best guage cluster pictured in the post is the Taurus and I am a big fan of fake wood.

Nothing wrong with those gauges... compare them to the competiton--I don't see anyone raving about gauges in Camrys, Altimas, Accords, etc...

I dont see anything wrong with Ford having the same gauge placement in most of the cars. To me, they should be easy to read day and night, and the feel of the switches shouldnt need to much energy to use. Parts on the dash shouldnt feel like they are going to break. Thats really all an interior should be. High quality interiors are nice but they dont change your life once you get a car with an interior with outstanding perceived quality materials. Yes, the electroluminescent guages are nice, but really they are just interior guages who's lights are on all the time, nothing less, nothing more. Chief

Nothing wrong with those gauges...  compare them to the competiton--I don't see anyone raving about gauges in Camrys, Altimas, Accords, etc...

[post="32925"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Actually, I think the Altima's guages are pretty cool-looking.

Posted Image

The Milan's guages are much classier-looking than the Fusion's:

Posted Image

The really sad thing for Ford is that the best guage cluster pictured in the post is the Taurus

I agree.... :unsure:

I always considered more of a tennis ball yellow... but whatever. I like the color.

Aside from the Fusion, there are no expressive Ford designs out there.

The 500 and Impala are about equal in terms of interior quality. Personally, I don't feel either are that nice, and the Impala at least looks more interesting. The 500 is a brick with the ugly Ford radio and plood. It looks like a VW interior from the 90s.

Posted Image

At least the Impala has an original shape and a non-ugly radio.
Posted Image

I'd say the Impala's guages are pretty good too:

Posted Image

[post="32865"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I think the Impala interior is a lot easier on the eyes. But mostly due to the brightness of the 500's dash. I don't mind a creme color interior, but make the dash black or charcoal.

When I first started reading the post I thought it was going to have to do with "F"ord naming cars that started wit" F" (until I got to the Taurus part) LOL Edited by BuddyP

I like those altima gauges but the pea green back lighting color is disgusting, the camry is the same way.

[post="33988"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

My dad's '05 Altima has the amber (aka orange) back lighting. Is the pea green on an earlier model?

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room