2009 Buick Changes?

Paolino

I know Buick is always late when it comes to posting information/launching products--or at least later than GMs other divisions, but I was wondering when we might be able to hear any changes/updates to the current lineup for 2009?

That's when we'll hear about 2009 changes? I'm not referring to the NG LaCrosse--I'm talking simply about the 09 LaCrosse, Lucerne and Enclave changes, like paint colors, equipment, etc.

Eh... No, you're right... not those.

Hopefully, the significant changes that I'm looking for will become available at or soon after Beijing.

I'm looking for info on the Excelle replacement (2010 Buick Skylark?) and Invicta.

I'd like to find out that we're getting a smaller car for Buick.

But for 2009, I'd just like to see an update to the Lucerne's interior, maybe a grille update, the 3.6L standard (although I truly believe that's not going to happen), and some equipment changes.

For '09

Bluetooth standard on Enclave

20" factory wheel option optional on CXL

DI for 3.6 liter engine. Bump to 280+ horsepower (approximately)

Those are awesome changes.

I'm so glad Bluetooth is coming into GM products... I would love to have my cell work through my car, hands free. Too bad the next GM product I own will have to be used and not have Bluetooth!

Here are my guesses...

With the LaCrosse replacement going into production in 8-9 months, I don't see much changing for LaCrosse.

The Lucerne Super's exterior styling will probably become the MCE for the Lucerne CXL (and maybe CX). I don't forsee any other changes before the Lucerne goes out of production in 2010.

I would suspect minimal changes in the sedans, they haven't upgraded the engine/transmission since 1987, why start now.

I doubt we'll see any changes for the LaCrosse--maybe a paint color change or two. The Lucerne, well, it'd be nice to see a slight update to the exterior and interior, just to keep it fresh, and now in line with the new faces of Buick and maybe some paint changes. I highly doubt GM would donate the time and money into throwing a 3.6L in the Lucerne. The Enclave, well, it sounds like it'll get the DI 3.6, and maybe Bluetooth, which are both welcome.

I'd love to see some shade of green be available for the LaCrosse and Enclave.

That Silver Moss, will most likely be on the sedans and the Lambda changes haven't been posted yet so who knows if they are getting Silver Moss.

I'm hoping so. I loved the forest green years ago, but it's just not in style now. A silvery-green would look nice on the LaCrosse... and maybe something a tad bolder than the "sagemist metallic" that's on the Lucerne would look good.

I would suspect minimal changes in the sedans, they haven't upgraded the engine/transmission since 1987, why start now.

You're an idiot. The 3800 is on its series III and the NS V8 was revamped within the past few years. :rolleyes:

You're an idiot. The 3800 is on its series III and the NS V8 was revamped within the past few years. :rolleyes:

Ok, my mistake, the 1987 3800 only had 170 hp, the 2008 Lucerne's 197 hp is a quantum leap forward, although it is 8 hp behind the 1994 LeSabre/Park Avenue. And the Northstar was revamped to run on regular gas in 2000, so that is impressive, no horsepower or fuel economy gains in 15 years though. But isn't like other automakers have gone from 190 hp V6s to 300 h V6s or 250 hp V8s to 400+ hp V8s over that same time period.

Actually, the other H/C-Bodies got 205hp on the 3800 V-6, except until 1996 on the LeSabre, as my 1995 Custom (base) was still stuck with 170hp. But I agree wth you, not much.

Anyway, the Lucerne and LaCrosse CXS trims were replaced by the Super and thus discontinued. I'm guessing Lucerne's Ming Blue Metallic (25U, the navy blue, on LeSabre/Lucerne since 2002) will finally get the axe as its "built out" according to the latest production sheets, Light Quartz Metallic (14U) on Lucerne (a nice lavender color, 2007-08 only) is also dead, hopefully some continued equipment upgrades, hopefully next week we'll finally find out, cause the site's still the same. And that link is:

http://eogld.ecomm.gm.com

Click 2009 and Passenger Cars/Light Trucks.

Yeah, the officials are not posted yet (supposed to be next Monday, the 14th), but the Enclave details are pretty much already all known, thanks to the Traverse and other previews people have seen.

As for the Lacrosse and Lucerne, colors, a trim detail here or there, and that should be about it.

Honestly, it's a shame we never saw a power bump with the 3800 Series III. It would have been nice to keep the engine competitive. Even just up to like 225-230hp.

Ok, my mistake, the 1987 3800 only had 170 hp, the 2008 Lucerne's 197 hp is a quantum leap forward, although it is 8 hp behind the 1994 LeSabre/Park Avenue. And the Northstar was revamped to run on regular gas in 2000, so that is impressive, no horsepower or fuel economy gains in 15 years though. But isn't like other automakers have gone from 190 hp V6s to 300 h V6s or 250 hp V8s to 400+ hp V8s over that same time period.

What a mistake indeed. There are significant differences between the Series I and II. Also, check out the emissions between them. The Series III is classified as SULEV.

Ven don't waste your time, because Buick will never be as good as Lexus, Mercedes, or BMW. Buick sucks, always has sucked, and always will suck. Import luxury brands FTW!

:rolleyes:

Ven don't waste your time, because Buick will never be as good as Lexus, Mercedes, or BMW. Buick sucks, always has sucked, and always will suck. Import luxury brands FTW!

:rolleyes:

Okay, that's it! I have to ask... I keep seeing "FTW" and I asked like 10 people and they all have no idea what it means! What's the deal?

If it had a "C", I would say For Those Who Care... but alas, it's c-less!

The 1987 3800 wasn't even designated a 3800. It was a regular 3.8 liter sequential port injected V6 based on the previous carbed 231 V6 with roller lifters and distributerless ignition. It produced 150 HP and 200 torque. The 1994 LeSabre/Park Ave has the Series I 3800 with tuned port injection and 170 HP/225 torque. 205 HP Series II didn't debut until 1995. Yes the 2000 Northstar had it's heads revamped to run on regular gas with the same power outputs. For some reason the 06-08 Lucernes and DTS now recommend super for optimum performance which is a step backwards and the former HO Northstar with 300 HP is now rated at 292 under the new standard which means it was never really outputting 300 horses on regular gas in the first place.

Prediction for 2009 changes

LaCrosse:

Deletion of several exterior paint colors and a few new additions

Carryover 3800, 3.6 and 5.3 Super models

No other changes

Lucerne:

Paint color revisions as per LaCrosse

Carryover 3800, 4.6 and HO 4.6 engines and 4 speed automatic

Carryover late 2008 model lineup with base CX, CXL Special Editions, Super

CXS model deleted

Enclave:

DI V6 replaces regular 3.6 with 281 HP

Bluetooth available

20" rims optional on CXL

Shuffed exterior colors

Prediction for 2009 changes

LaCrosse:

Deletion of several exterior paint colors and a few new additions

Carryover 3800, 3.6 and 5.3 Super models

No other changes

on buick.com i'm pretty sure they got rid of the 3.6 cxs...checked.. yep. no 3.6 cxs. just fyi