Showers don't just bring May flowers...

Lamar

'99 Grand Am SE coupe with V6 in medium blue, no spoiler, sitting at a local "second chance financing" used car lot. It looked in excellent shape from the road. I'm thinking with tinted windows and some nice rims, maybe a debadging and intake and exhaust enhancements, it could be a snarky little cheap daily driver.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dark gray Mazda 6 wagon. I just don't get it why they Mazda is changing the front end so much for the US market: the Euro one looks great IRL. I like it more than the Mondeo wagon.

Edited by ZL-1

a showroom clean 87 Cutlass, blue with blue vinyl top, daily driven by an older woman.... good loord its gorgeous!

A Cutlass just like this lives in my neighborhood, and I pay my respects every time my wife and I walk past and the garage door is up.

Chris

two Lotuses... a black Exige on 315 N on Monday and a yellow Elise on Lane Avenue last night

also... on 315 N yesterday afternoon... a Honda Prelude "Type R" haha for real it had Type R badging on it complete with windsheild sticker... clearly +10 hp each badge (there were 4 haha)... silver car with flat colored fire-engine red flames (+25 hp) it also had the optional bleacher style seating for that open air feel... or it may have been a spoiler... either way... +50 hp... the lower front fascia... or whats left of it... had clearly been met by a speed bump and quickly realized maybe 4 inches of ground clearance isnt enough... the whole drivers side front corner part of said "ground effects" was held together by duct tape (+20 hp) so if youve been keeping up... there was a prelude with 135 hp more than stock... im telling you man Corvettes are shaking in their transverse leaf springs... haha :P

They guy who owns this thing is a Dumbass...SH is the designation for a hi-po Prelude.

Although it would take a Qualude to make me buy a Prelude...

Chris

'99 Grand Am SE coupe with V6 in medium blue, no spoiler, sitting at a local "second chance financing" used car lot. It looked in excellent shape from the road. I'm thinking with tinted windows and some nice rims, maybe a debadging and intake and exhaust enhancements, it could be a snarky little cheap daily driver.

Better that than the Grand Am I saw running around town this week...bright orange paint, wing, body kit, looked like it had been drug up off of the bottom of the North Atlantic condition wise....

Chris

I see a Grand Alero from time to time. It appears to be a Grand Am with Alero rear taillights and trunk, although it could be an Alero with a Grand Am fascia. It has the de-cladded doors of the Alero/late Grand Ams, so that doesn't help identify the root car. Either way it looks retarded.

I so much more like a clean look with a nice set of rims and clean, well detailed paint and interior. There are Honda's I like, but the sad thing is that of the ricer movement one of the biggest (and cheapest) up0grades would be to just wash the damn car, make sure that it's all one color, and clean the Burger King wrappers and coffee cups out of the damned thing.

As far as car spotting goes, for me it has been Jeep, Jeep, Jeep. Jeep.

Lots of nice late model prev. generation Rubicons and Unlimiteds, I saw 7 (Yes, SEVEN) nice examples of CJ-7's (one looked superb in silver)(Another one was lifted and on 38's).

Also, CJ-8 Scrambler, two of them, including a very clean original blue one.

To top it all off, my teenaged daughter had to go down to the Ohio/West Virginia Border to meet some friends. Lots more Jeeps here too.

Checked out the 4 Door wranger interior on the local Jeep lot.

Oh, and saw a couple of old 50's Willy's jeep wagons in an old junkyard.

Nothing like being able to pop the top and doors in summer!

If gas wasn't $3.49 per gallon for midgrade I'd be having a Jeep in the driveway.

Chris

I so much more like a clean look with a nice set of rims and clean, well detailed paint and interior. There are Honda's I like, but the sad thing is that of the ricer movement one of the biggest (and cheapest) up grades would be to just wash the damn car, make sure that it's all one color, and clean the Burger King wrappers and coffee cups out of the damned thing.

As far as car spotting goes, for me it has been Jeep, Jeep, Jeep. Jeep.

Lots of nice late model prev. generation Rubicons and Unlimiteds, I saw 7 (Yes, SEVEN) nice examples of CJ-7's (one looked superb in silver)(Another one was lifted and on 38's).

Also, CJ-8 Scrambler, two of them, including a very clean original blue one.

To top it all off, my teenaged daughter had to go down to the Ohio/West Virginia Border to meet some friends. Lots more Jeeps here too.

Checked out the 4 Door wranger interior on the local Jeep lot.

Oh, and saw a couple of old 50's Willy's jeep wagons in an old junkyard.

Nothing like being able to pop the top and doors in summer!

If gas wasn't $3.49 per gallon for midgrade I'd be having a Jeep in the driveway.

Chris

Edited by 66Stang

Cavalier. $100. :P

Buy it for the scrap value, for real. You laugh when I talk of the price of scrap, but that's an easy $350 at the local scrap metal yard.

It would also be a cool car to take Ice Racing...

Chris

Six-Fo Impolla wagon, in the factory copper color, on a trailer, heading to a new home I suppose. No doors, no glass, no interior... no right side rear quarter panel. Seemed pretty complete. :AH-HA_wink:

Saw some interesting stuff today:

- Perfect 55-57 T-bird in turquoise, top down and out for a cruise.

- Equally perfect VW Thing in a glossy dark Olive color, also top down and cruising.

- "66 El Camino in not so perfect white, but with an SS hood and grill emblem, cruising fast.

- '70 C10 Chevy pickup in what was left of the original two tone (red w/ white roof) Every panel was well worn and at least a little bent, except for the hood which looked newish and in black primer. Rockers were gone. It looked like it just drove away from 15 years of "field storage", but the straight six started up instantly with almost no sound from the starter.

It idled in near silence and then pulled away with that distinctive stovebolt six exhaust note.

Not a whiff of smoke or any nasty sounds at all. The truck was a different kind of "sleeper".

Interesting on the engine note, Camino. Back in the day, car makers prided themselves on a silent-running engine. Now look at us, moving toward "minimum noise standards" for cars, with the advent of hybrids.

Yeah, Toni, I've seen two SVXs lately. One green one totalled at the scene of an accident after the guy lost it, hit an embankment, spun, and ended up against a bridge guardrail. Public safety volunteers directed traffic around the car, as the driver, stunned, surveyed the damage. The second was yesterday, a black one with gold wheels and graphics. These cars seem to be have a mild cult following.

Ironically enough, me reading this post, I saw one this morning. It's been a while.

I see a lot of increasingly rare machines out here, but might not know the name of them or think of posting here way too late.

The today show:

-a furious pack of yellow and red Ferraris and Lambos heading the other direction on the 101

-navy blue Astra 3-dr. SEXY © Dwayne Wade

-a black Ferrari Spyder, looked newer than the 355 (last Ferrari I can tell a mile away)

'70 Impala sport coupe, the one with the concave back window, pea soup green. I've alway wanted a big old Chevy to drive around town in but you can't touch anything decent for under 4K around here on the rare occasion one actually pops up. A four door hardtop mid 60's Bel Air with a 283 would be fine with me; I don't need something crazy

Saw that new mercedes SUV get rear-ended at a merge... by a ferrari (don't ask me which one it was).

'75 Gran Ville convertible, powder blue, perfect

'54 Buick Century 4-dr sedan, charcoal, perfect

Was at a private collection auction, saw some things I never have before, may never see again.

'46 Cadillac flower car

a '58 Lincoln turned into a T-bird-esque 3-seater.... but the car was still 18 feet long. You should've seen the 6 evenly-spaced headlights...

'29 Cadillac Armored car

plus a few hundred more impossible projects...

I'm going to say yes because the car was in your basic area and also I can't imagine that there are many 1929 Cadillac armored cars left around to confuse it with. Was the asking price even close to realistic this time?

Gray Malibu LT...I love how the designers put a full width chrome strip where the fog lights would go instead of cheesy black plastic or gaping holes like everyone else does. It's very classy and doesn't make the car scream "i couldn't afford the nice one with fog lights".

`72 Dodge Demon

XP- '29 Cad sold for $19,500 yesterday. IMHO, I think that was pretty fair.

I read elsewhere that Brinks offered $50K at one point, but the guy turned him down. Was the auction you saw really starting in the neighborhood of @ $500K ??

Yes. It was absolutely well into the six figures. I tried to find the complete auction or even a reference to it on a site like Jalopnik, but sadly, no luck. Ended with no bids (what a surprise) and disappeared apparently until now. Nineteen-five is a slammin' deal for a truly one of a kind vehicle; i'd kill to have it, even if it had to sit for fifty years until I could get around to it. Everybody prides themselves on having an old 30's gangster car, but how often do people get to pride themselves on having what the gangster cars were all chasing after?

Forgot that I also saw a 55-57 T-bird yesterday.

`72 Dodge Demon

Exact year, I don't know, but i also saw a Dart Sport (the car Demon is based on) last week. Unusual, because most everytime I saw that body style as a kid, it was a Duster. For every 40 Dusters, 1 Demon. But never a Dart Sport.

Your '41 Chevy seems to have morphed into an Autocar

hahahaah!

Yes it did... I meant to post that late-model Autocar. (damn sexy imho)

but somehow the '41 Chebby dissapeared.

Here it is for those that care:

dscn2840uq9.th.jpg

That '29 Cadillac armored car makes me droooooooool. :spin:

'68 Dodge Charger R/T, pale metallic green w/ white roof, perfect

'53 Packard, black, sleeping in barn

'55 Ford F-100, faded red, solid, parked

I'll see you and raise you one...

70 Dodge Challenger, Blue, almost as clean as the Charger R/T you saw.

Late 30's Packard, rolling through Columbus on a trailer.

56 Ford f-100 (with the wrap around windshield) also on a trailer, but a very nice looking project for someone.

Chris

hahahaah!

Yes it did... I meant to post that late-model Autocar. (damn sexy imho)

but somehow the '41 Chebby dissapeared.

Here it is for those that care:

dscn2840uq9.th.jpg

Those old Chebby's had great lines. I was so pissed at the studio for destroying that old (late 30's, early 40's) Chevy in the movie Sin City.

At least I remember it as a Chevy.

Chris

...o.k., and over the last couple of days I saw some really interesting cars myself.

On route 35 (Ohio 35) north of Gallipolis, OH. I hit the mother lode of old cars of sorts.

Old 66/67 Nova dDrag car, sixties era, originally yellow painted orange. Old strait front axle intact, crudely flared rear fenders, a real period piece.

Same guy had an old Fury (58 I think, like Christine the movie car) along with a couple of more door mopars of the same era.

Also a 60 or so Chevy truck flamed and in primer, great looking vintage rod.

Old (39 or so) Grahm (remember those, Sixty Eight?) sitting behind the house to the side, along with a rather decrepit 65 Impala convertible and a Buick Skylark (I think convertible, it was under a blue tarp-looked to be 68-69)

66 red mustang coupe and a 71-73 Mach 1 also in the side yard.

I have pics but they suck and I'm not sure how to download them from my daughters camera. Didn't want to walk onto the property for fear of getting shot...that and its private property and I respect the guys rights.

About 20 miles perhaps or less North of Gallipolis if anyone is out cruising around in Ohio.

Also, on South High Sreet here in Columbus, a More door T-Bird from the late 60's.

And on Brown Road, beside a house that I have driven past a hundred times and never noticed it...about 6 or seven old Impalas. 65-68 Era, with a red 66 Caprice on Crager (sp?) SS Wheels.

A couple more late 40's Ford Trucks in a salvage yard (went back and they were gone).

Two Nova's of the 68-72 Variety sitting in salvage yards (two door cars, one with the front subframe gone but both looked restorable.)

A 70-ish nova with the finned front fenders and SS-style hood sitting in pieces beside a house in Southern Ohio.

Chris

Sixty6-Stang:

Way too many cars are destroyed by those assholes in Hollywood.

I watched planet terror the other day & enjoyed it throroughly

except for the fact that a '68 Razorback was destroyed! <_<

Red 3-door Yaris, shiny, lowered on 15" machined spoke/black rims, tinted windows, and no fart can. Latino dude with sidekick. Spunky!

So instead of an ugly dustmte it looked like an ugly dustmite wearing air-jordans?

Edited by Sixty8panther

Where were all these little cars before gas prices lost their mind?

What's really crazy is all the old little &#036;h&#33;boxes coming out of the woodwork. I see Ford Festivas and Hyundai Excels and Mitsubishi/Dodge Colts and &#036;h&#33; with almost the same frequency as when they were new.