Showers don't just bring May flowers...

Lamar

There's a new black G8 at my work parking lot. I'll have to find out who it belongs to.

BV, I had a '93 Hardbody truck, 4 cylinder, regular cab, stick. It was basic, but it was a great little truck up to the day it met its premature demise at around 110K miles in a collision with a Park Avenue. That little truck probably would have run forever. The shifter is not the smoothest thing, but it was still pretty easy to drive.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I occasionally see women driving cars like M3s and M5s and wonder did they buy them simply because they are the most expensive/top of the line of their various model ranges, or because they know how badass the cars are and how high the capabilities are. (though I'm sure there are some men that buy such cars the same way without being serious enthusiasts).

My mom has been talking about buying a luxury sports car for the longest time now. I always ask her "Mom, why do you want a sports car? You don't drive sporty at all."

I guess some just want the look... :P

Viper, I had a new '86.5 Nissan Hardbody 4X4 SE-V6 regular cab, V6/5 speed/31 inch tires, the only Asian vehicle I've ever owned. The only thing that ever went wrong with it in the 3 years I had it was the horrible paint job, and I ran the piss out of it, took it offroading, etc. The one in the extremely dark, moist photo above looks in good shape. Edited by ocnblu

My first smart (I was offended)

'60 Corvair 500 4-dr sedan

'63 Corvair convertible

'64 Corvair Spyder Club Coupe

'56 Hudson Hornet Hollywood 4-dr hardtop (w/ A/C)

'57 Hudson Hornet Super 4-dr sedan

'59 Edsel 2-dr hardtop

'39 Packard 120 4-dr sedan

'41 Pontiac 4-dr sedan

'62 Coupe deVille

'55 Packard Clipper Custom Constellation 2-dr hardtop

'56 Packard 4-dr sedan

'33 Franklin 4-dr sedan

'58 Packard Hawk 2-dr hardtop

'50 Studebaker 4-dr sedan

some bentley lump

some rolls lump

I intend to go back to this personal collection liquidation next week and actively seek buying the '55 Clipper. There is also the balance of "50" cars to see at another location. Plus lots of parts. Shopping time!

balt: how much for the '39 120; my father might be interested. It would go well with his '37 Super Eight and '40 custom panel truck (made by shortening a basketcase Henney ambulance twenty inches).

And when you see the other cars, if there's any 1940 Packards or parts, please let me know; he's desperately looking for a ton of parts or a parts car. The ambulance was about 60% complete when he got it.

My first smart (I was offended)

'60 Corvair 500 4-dr sedan

'63 Corvair convertible

'64 Corvair Spyder Club Coupe

'56 Hudson Hornet Hollywood 4-dr hardtop (w/ A/C)

'57 Hudson Hornet Super 4-dr sedan

'59 Edsel 2-dr hardtop

'39 Packard 120 4-dr sedan

'41 Pontiac 4-dr sedan

'62 Coupe deVille

'55 Packard Clipper Custom Constellation 2-dr hardtop

'56 Packard 4-dr sedan

'33 Franklin 4-dr sedan

'58 Packard Hawk 2-dr hardtop

'50 Studebaker 4-dr sedan

some bentley lump

some rolls lump

I intend to go back to this personal collection liquidation next week and actively seek buying the '55 Clipper. There is also the balance of "50" cars to see at another location. Plus lots of parts. Shopping time!

we had a 55 packard clipper constellation but sold it due to the high price of parts for it. it was my great aunts. wonderful car and way ahead of its time in my mind. self leveling ride system. power windows was green and moon white. see if i can get a picture of that thing loaded on here sometime.

Edited by cletus8269

Light Blue metallic '86 Caprice sedan w/a medium blue vinyl top in mint condition..., w/22" wheels :nono::cussing::thumbsdown::angry::hissyfit:

That shop I posted about earlier, the one that seems to be converting and endless stream of GM cars into rolling Donkmobiles...

Drove by the other day and outside was a 55 Bel-Air two door hardtop getting ready to be fitted with the same sort of thing...

Chris

A 76 and 79 Caprice...looked good!

Holy $h! I miss these cars. I saw a nice 72 or so Blue and white Impala, clean.

I want it to be 1982 again so these things are everywhere, dammit!

Chris

What will be interesting is to see what my generation (X) gets into restoring as they get older...my old car interest is definitely the cars I grew up around from the '70s and '80s...I like many '60s cars also, but the '50s and before are just too far out of my context for me to really get interested in...they are fun to look at at shows, but I don't think I'd want one. My old cars are my '69 Mustang (which my dad bought new and is one year older than I am) and my '87 Mustang GT that I've had since new...I need to drive them more (and not be 1300-2500 miles from them.. :)

The 50's cars seem to be "out of context" for a lot of people. When I had my old Chevy's (my 55 2 door and my 71 chevelle) People at car shows would fall all over themselves to look at the 71, and barely noticed the 55.

The car I really want more than anything else right now is a 58-62 Corvette. I would love to buy one and just preserve it forever. Several knowledgeable people in the Corvette hobby have told me just to wait a few years, everyone into C1 vettes is older than dirt and there will be some real bargains if I just wait a little bit.

Which is what I am going to ahve to do beacause I really can't throw down 40k right now for the car I'd really like in the driveway.

Also, a 69 Mach 1 was the car that I passed on to buy the 55. Another damned car I wish that I had right now.

Glad to see, mr moltar, that someone else here loves Mustangs.

Chris

That shop I posted about earlier, the one that seems to be converting and endless stream of GM cars into rolling Donkmobiles...

Drove by the other day and outside was a 55 Bel-Air two door hardtop getting ready to be fitted with the same sort of thing...

Chris

What the heck is a Donkmobile?

I can't imagine 22s to be very large on those 70s cars....problem is the douchebags who usually throw them on leave the car all high in the air.

50s cars look completely silly on modern styled wheels. Should be something like Torq Thrust 2s or Panasports, and should be no large than 18".

Glad to see, mr moltar, that someone else here loves Mustangs.

Chris

I couldn't avoid loving Mustangs (and early Cougars)...grew up in a family of Mustang fanatics...between my folks and my brother, in the '70s-90s they always had at least 5-6 of 'em around.. :)

I did the almost 900 mile drive from Denver back to Phoenix yesterday.... I can't recall seeing one unusual car on the trip this time (compared to last weekend when I did the reverse drive). I did see several '08 Malibus and a couple '08 CTSes, though. I was rolling along in the JGC through the starry New Mexico/Arizona night across I-40 and down I-17, fueled by Red Bull and rock 'n' roll (Def Leppard, Led Zeppelin, Bruce Springsteen, AC/DC).

What the heck is a Donkmobile?

I can't imagine 22s to be very large on those 70s cars....problem is the douchebags who usually throw them on leave the car all high in the air.

50s cars look completely silly on modern styled wheels. Should be something like Torq Thrust 2s or Panasports, and should be no large than 18".

Donkmobile-one of those stupid cars converted to run on 24's, 26's or larger rims...

And I agree, although Crager wheels look nice on 50's Iron also.

Chris

Audi A5 Coupe I might betray GM for it. Damn it was so sexy.

I also lost a race with my 95 4th gen against a.. a.. :nono: 04 Lincoln LS v8. Mostly because i don't have that kind of power to get out of the turns and i got cocky and threw the Camaro in a ditch.

Surprisingly i could keep faster entering and exiting speeds in turns but in the straights it was like i was standing still. then i realized BF Goodriches wont keep you on the road if there is gravel and a 80º turn. did a 180 and grinded the frame on the cement as it rolled backwards into the ditch. luckily a guy with a brand new ford Dually stopped and towed me out. the LS couldn't stop laughing ( I work with him) And in front of the 2 Ford nuts i had to pay one a $50 and i tipped the guy a 50 for pulling me out. But we casued a traffic back up for 20 minutes as we were all talking well i was getting laughed at for being the Chevy guy.

Anyway

F-350 superduty dually. Very impressed with fit and finish and overall quality of it.

Audi A5 Coupe I might betray GM for it. Damn it was so sexy.

I also lost a race with my 95 4th gen against a.. a.. :nono: 04 Lincoln LS v8. Mostly because i don't have that kind of power to get out of the turns and i got cocky and threw the Camaro in a ditch.

Surprisingly i could keep faster entering and exiting speeds in turns but in the straights it was like i was standing still. then i realized BF Goodriches wont keep you on the road if there is gravel and a 80º turn. did a 180 and grinded the frame on the cement as it rolled backwards into the ditch. luckily a guy with a brand new ford Dually stopped and towed me out. the LS couldn't stop laughing ( I work with him) And in front of the 2 Ford nuts i had to pay one a $50 and i tipped the guy a 50 for pulling me out. But we casued a traffic back up for 20 minutes as we were all talking well i was getting laughed at for being the Chevy guy.

Anyway

F-350 superduty dually. Very impressed with fit and finish and overall quality of it.

I debated about racing a cocky guy with a Focus (new) on the way home...young and stupid, this kid was.

But knowing that the Cobalt still needs a little more work, I thought the better of it...

Add to the list- I saw a really dark tinted 7 series on huge wheel parked next to my work...and it was there a while.... :scratchchin:

An associate of Tony Soprano looking to buy your workplace, davey? And re: the racing Focus... this gives me hope that even in 2020, ppl will be hot rodding their golf carts, I mean cars, and still trying to street race.

Headed out toward local Toyota dealer to take a closer look at a sporty red pimple I saw briefly from the road the other day. Bright red Yaris 3-door S model. However, before I could get there... I saw it parked at a local Wendy's... SOLD!

Stopped by local BMW dealership... they have several 128s, gray and orangey-red coupes, red and silvery tan convertibles. Very nice, but optioned too high... $35k for the coupes, and what's worse, both were autotragics. What a waste. Oh, they also have a couple of Gremlins, I mean X6s. Very bizarre and pointless vehicles.

Edited by ocnblu

Oh, they also have a couple of Gremlins, I mean X6s. Very bizarre and pointless vehicles.[/b]

I actually like the X6......and it's getting good reviews for it's outstanding ride-and-handling.

For me, it's just BMW's version of the Infiniti FX.....but I think the BMW looks way classier.

My prediction is that they will sell every one they can. Look at it this way.....it's way sportier than the bastard-child Cayenne....and looks way prettier too IMHO. It's for someone that wants an SUV-like driving position, SUV-like ground clearance, and SUV-like towing capacity in something that drives like a BMW. Sure the X5 is close to that as well....but the X6 does bring a sexier profile to the X5 idiology....

Right off the plane into Hong Kong, already saw lots...

Alfa Brera

Ferrari F430

Nissan GT-R

A whack load of new Audi TTs (they're very popular for some reason)

A whack load of Porsche 911 Turbos

And the other day I was moving from Waterloo to Toronto...

Lambo Murcielago

Ferrari 360, two of them, one Spyder one Modena

A whack load of Solstices

Yesterday, the bf and I were driving along Sunset Boulevard in Beverly Hills/Bel Air, and I saw one of the new Equinox Hydrogen Fuel Cell vehicles!!!!!

I was so excited I almost drove off the road.....LOL. The bf was wondering what all the "fuss" was about.

I know how rare these are......so I was excited to see it. Then, I had to explain it all to him <ugh>......he's into cars, but not as in-depth as many of us on here.....