Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Burns

Buick lacrosse

16 posts in this topic

getting back into the sketching mood, I haven't drawn anything in a month.

Picture2-7.png

I hope you like.

I like the rear treatment but the low beltline and tall greenhouse make it look like an economy car. Those random lines on the lower door sills are...weird.

actually the "random" line is inspired by the buick invicta teaser:

_Buick-Invicta-Concept-sketch-1-lg.jpg

the little weird one at the bottom is supposed to be the door panel gap and not a line.

Edited by Burns

I don't know, I like teh profile, but the sweepspear should be a tad more subtle.

I see teh inspiration and that doesn't bother me, but the lines at the bottoms don't work well ,with each other and make it feel unnecessarily busy.

Yeah, best to keep the top sweepspear, tone it down a tad, and remove the other accent line below it.

The lines kind of remind me of this...

z4_modern_art_introduction.jpg

Raise the belt line, give it some larger rubber, and remove the Bangled lines from the sills. :AH-HA_wink:

I like it ! define the bottom door line better & it is all good IMO !!! :thumbsup:

Edited by MRDETROITMETAL

Lose the Bangle ass, it's time has come and gone IMO, it's almost cliche at this point.

Thanks for the comments guys!

The lines kind of remind me of this...

z4_modern_art_introduction.jpg

It should remind you of this :)

Riviera2.gif

Burns: Your drawing reminds me very much of the Buick Signia Concept. Of course, that was a "wagon/SUV," but they both seem "chunky" ( or should the word be "substantial"? ) and the side of the Signia was, as I recall, somewhat sculpted.

As much as I want to see Riviera, I have to agree with Nick. I see more Z4. The character line imitating a sweepspear should be dominate. In your drawing, it's lost in what Bangle calls "flame surfacing."

Looks great, but the large glass and little wheels make it look like a replacement for the Daewoo Lacetti based Buick Excelle, not Buick Lacrosse.

I think it's the bottom line that reminds us of the Z4, not just the sweepspear. The way it moves up as it moves forward into the front fender. I usually like that line myself.

Edited by Zulehan

Yes, it's a misshapen Z4 sedan. I like certain aspects of it, but the proportions and integration are off. Also, the lower half of the side is unnecessarily random. It doesn't work at all. Simplify the lower sides, raise, smooth, and elongate the beltline, add more rear overhang in addition to stretching the greenhouse back a bit. That should take care of everything. I actually like the rear treatment, though, it needs to be thought out better, it doesn't quite mesh well as a whole.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0