MRDETROITMETAL

Pontiac Ventura

40 posts in this topic

Uh, the G8 peple want a name for the new "Pontiac El Camino" read Holden UTE,....:

g8ventura2zi4.jpg

post-1820-1207379994_thumb.jpg

Nope.

Its "pick a name", not "pick a facia".

Sorry, its interesting, but Im gonna also say no.

EDIT: On second glance, its kinda cool. But I will say no to the name.

The fenders look okay, but the fascia just doesn't work. It makes the car look even more blunt-faced and it's just too blank.

That fascia sings a song. It goes, "Me Chinese, me play joke, me go pee pee in your Coke!" :smilewide:

Jeez you guys are such traditionalists !!!....step to another vibe once in a while...lol.

It's cool, the design works even if not for you. THX for the comments, always nice to have a contrasting POV.

Jeez you guys are such traditionalists !!!....step to another vibe once in a while...lol.

It's cool, the design works even if not for you. THX for the comments, always nice to have a contrasting POV.

I prefer not to step into a vibe that is obviously influenced by drug use, which results is poor design execution.

THX for the comments, always nice to have a contrasting POV.

Do you ever get any other kind?

There's a difference between avant garde and being just bad. I had this discussion just a couple days ago with someone else. I said his design wasn't good, he went off about how I was too conservative. Your design is different, yes, so kudos for that, but it's also bad.

I've never understood why it's cool to have your tires half covered up and scraping against the wheel well. Besides being obviously undrivable, it interrupts the look of the wheel, completely canceling out the attempt by the original designer to accentuate the wheel to begin with (referring to the fender bulges around the wheel well). It looks demented.

OK, if one person says it's bad, maybe he's wrong. But if a whole bunch of people says it's bad, you might want to rethink about it.

Aussie G8 Trash. No thanx. Though it's a nice chop.

Edited by Diehard GrandPrix Fan

Aussie G8 Trash. No thanx. Though it's a nice chop.

your beef is with the base car, but you like the chop? :nono::stupid:

i know you dont like Holden, but with all this hatye ,youd think Holden raped your dog...

What is w/ the vent in the rear 1/4 panel? Are we trying to get air into the bed of the truck?

the exhaust is tiny, or those are HUGE wheels and a long bed.

it looks like you gave it a cheek/nose lift and while it's different and not gawd ugly...I don't think it "works"

It's just so very squinty-eyed. Not a very practical or aesthetically pleasing headlight setup, ruins the nose.

IDK, you seem to be feeding off yourselves here, cuz elsewhere this thing was quite appealing !!! Your comments are not in the majority this time, & I think that was my point....many of you seem to be way behind the times design wise. Read OLD SCHOOL. Granted has a different look than the G8, but that was intentional, to be something exclusive, the mods were mainly done to increase & direct the aero flow about the body as one of the WORST aero forms is a Pickup, look at a NASCAR Truck....see something similar here ? You SHOULD, it is called a front Air Dam.... and as "the fastest car under 30K" ...well with HALF the weight cut out by a Pickup bed, it NEEDS to be slammed into the ground & have air ducts to cool the brakes as well as direct air UNDER the pickup bed, just to HOLD THE POWER DOWN to the pavement.

Anywho, THAT was my rationale behind this DESIGN, it may be more function than Form....But it would WORK !!

...& hey people buy Camry's !!!...which have no look nor function except to define "ugly"....and then there's the TUND-R-A$h! !

REALLY if you want to step away from the ordinary then this does that kinda look quite well IMO. :AH-HA_wink:

Edited by MRDETROITMETAL

Actually, as much as I hate the current G8 from Australia, this one to me, looks far better. Looks more aggressive and less plain then the current model. But that's just me.

The front fascia is just way too low...realistically, it would hang up on speed bumps or angled driveways..(not to mention the front tire would be rubbing against the wheelwell).

IDK, you seem to be feeding off yourselves here, cuz elsewhere this thing was quite appealing !!! Your comments are not in the majority this time, & I think that was my point....many of you seem to be way behind the times design wise. Read OLD SCHOOL. Granted has a different look than the G8, but that was intentional, to be something exclusive, the mods were mainly done to increase & direct the aero flow about the body as one of the WORST aero forms is a Pickup, look at a NASCAR Truck....see something similar here ? You SHOULD, it is called a front Air Dam.... and as "the fastest car under 30K" ...well with HALF the weight cut out by a Pickup bed, it NEEDS to be slammed into the ground & have air ducts to cool the brakes as well as direct air UNDER the pickup bed, just to HOLD THE POWER DOWN to the pavement.

Anywho, THAT was my rationale behind this DESIGN, it may be more function than Form....But it would WORK !!

...& hey people buy Camry's !!!...which have no look nor function except to define "ugly"....and then there's the TUND-R-A$h! !

REALLY if you want to step away from the ordinary then this does that kinda look quite well IMO. :AH-HA_wink:

Please tell me you have links to the positive comments.

And this thing isn't a truck it will be a car with a bed. It will have car-like aerodynamics. And a Front Air Dam typically is BELOW the bumper and not the bumper itself. Also ramming air under the bed of a pickup is a BAD idea. There is very little weight back there to begin with and when you push air under something it tends to rise. That would make this thing terribly unstable at high speeds.

I heard that there is a rumor(or is it a rumor?) that this truck version of G8 won't make it to the stateside? or will it?

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room