Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Intrepidation

A few new renders

19 posts in this topic

As promised, I have some new renders of my progress. This shows better lighting, and also the process of cleaning up the geometry so light and shadows are properly effected. Still lots of work to do though.

You can see in this one where all of the shadows along the sides get messed up

coolbadrender.png

And here they look better (but not done) after cleanup

badass.png

Better lighting

betterrender.png

This is a blue shader I'm trying out, I like it better than the red I think, I'd ask what you guys think but I don't think I made a good red render. :lol:

blue.png

More to come!

Edited by Dodgefan

looks good!... how much work does it take? i dont know a thing about rendering but its really interesting

looks good!... how much work does it take? i dont know a thing about rendering but its really interesting

It takes a lot of work, plus it helps to know what you're doing. I asked a friend who has a better handle on it, so he helped me tweak the render and lighting settings, so it looks perfect now. I'll post that in a bit.

Of course rendering is just part of it, you have to build the entire thing, which starts life a single square.

Edited by Dodgefan

Of course rendering is just part of you, you have to build the entire thing, which starts life a single square.

Huh???

Huh???

Yep, the foundation of the entire car is a polygon square.

square.png

You start from this square and build outward. It's a long and tedious process but It's well worth it, especially since you get to see your 2D sketches come to life as a fully 3D model.

screenshot-1.jpg

Sorry for the typo in the last post.

Edited by Dodgefan

That's pretty cool, but I just didn't have any idea what the initial sentence meant.

The a-pillar is fatter at the bottom than the top, but I'm sure you know and you're gonna fix it.

Edited by Zulehan

:thumbsup:

What's your field of study, Dodgefan? Design? Engineering?

Edited by ZL-1

Design ^_^

Aha! I find design fascinating. Too bad I'm totally untalented.

Really cool designs! Be sure to post some more :AH-HA_wink:

Aha! I find design fascinating. Too bad I'm totally untalented.

Really cool designs! Be sure to post some more :AH-HA_wink:

I love design, I'm very happy with my career choice so far (although the runner-ups were automotive and culinary). I have an eye for design I think, which I've been improving over the years. I've done a lot of corporate stuff, a few websites, lot of business cards and so on. That being said I also love to draw. I used to mainly do anime-style drawings, and I still do for fun, but I really like drawing vehicles and technical stuff as well. Sadly, between school and work that hobby gets put on the back burner. With this project I can do exactly what I love: designing, drawing, creating, and marketing a car. 3D is lot of work and there's so much I need to learn but I have enough of a handle on it (plus help from a good friend) that I'm confident I'll finish the project. Plus, I have a real drive to work on it, so I haven't put it off at all. The really cool part is this is my big portfolio piece, and assuming it comes out as well as I hope, it will be a major part of my portfolio, which (in theory) will demonstrate my skill a 2D designer/artist, my skill with 3D, and my design/advertising skill. That's i all goes well of course!

Enough about me, sorry!

Anyway, last night, at long last I did the front end. Ironically I started withe the front but have done so many revisions (mainly due to poor modeling) that it ended up being the last major part. I'd like to get a few more things done and then I'll post some new stuff.

Edited by Dodgefan

I love design, I'm very happy with my career choice so far (although the runner-ups were automotive and culinary). I have an eye for design I think, which I've been improving over the years. I've done a lot of corporate stuff, a few websites, lot of business cards and so on. That being said I also love to draw. I used to mainly do anime-style drawings, and I still do for fun, but I really like drawing vehicles and technical stuff as well. Sadly, between school and work that hobby gets put on the back burner. With this project I can do exactly what I love: designing, drawing, creating, and marketing a car. 3D is lot of work and there's so much I need to learn but I have enough of a handle on it (plus help from a good friend) that I'm confident I'll finish the project. Plus, I have a real drive to work on it, so I haven't put it off at all. The really cool part is this is my big portfolio piece, and assuming it comes out as well as I hope, it will be a major part of my portfolio, which (in theory) will demonstrate my skill a 2D designer/artist, my skill with 3D, and my design/advertising skill. That's i all goes well of course!

Enough about me, sorry!

Anyway, last night, at long last I did the front end. Ironically I started withe the front but have done so many revisions (mainly due to poor modeling) that it ended up being the last major part. I'd like to get a few more things done and then I'll post some new stuff.

I look forward to seeing more of your work :AH-HA_wink:

Pretty cool.. I used to mess around in 3D Studio MAX a few years back but never got too deep into vector modeling. I mostly messed around with animation of a certain planet exploding :ph34r:

It's looking great so far!

Are you studying strictly automotive design, or other things as well?

Nice, interesting... good stance, fantastic proportions.

And of course I'm LOVIN' the hardtop greenhouse!!!

It's looking great so far!

Are you studying strictly automotive design, or other things as well?

Other things, this is my first 3D project with automotive design, and only my third big 3D project.

Nice, interesting... good stance, fantastic proportions.

And of course I'm LOVIN' the hardtop greenhouse!!!

Thanks dude! There's no need to go into things like and stuff, it's a design study with useful features as a selling point. It was originally going to have a pillar, but I like it better this way :D

Also, I saw you again today crossing the bridge this morning, woulda honked but I was behind another car so you probably wouldn't have seen me at the intersection anyway. :P

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0