Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
carstar

Pic of 2010 ford taurus?

54 posts in this topic

If it is, congrats to Ford. Hopefully the revamped Taurus will be more successful than the Five Hundred/Taurus we have now.

It very well may be...it looks like a styling studio in the background. It looks really good overall...I wish it was an inch or two lower though.

If it is then, WOW! That looks fantastic, much sleeker and more elegant. I love it!

WIN
Edited by Dodgefan

Suhnap, that's night and day better than what we have now. I hope that's the real thing. The proportions appear similar to the current car, which lends credence to the claim, since I guess it continues on the same platform. Can't wait to see the Mercury version.

Looks legit to me.

Can't wait to see the Mercury version.[/b]

...if there is one. :scratchchin:

Meh...front end looks like a Camry wannabe. Just another fwd sedan. Front end reminds me of a 1999 or so Camry mixed with the current Hyundai Sonata.

Edited by moltar

Meh...front end looks like a Camry wannabe. Just another fwd sedan.

I think it's quite simple and attractive.....in a mainstream sort of way. But doesn't necessarily look cheap though....and that's good.

Today's Taurus has always looked like an overgrown Audi.....with proportions that never quite set right with me.

I think it's quite simple and attractive.....in a mainstream sort of way. But doesn't necessarily look cheap though....and that's good.

Today's Taurus has always looked like an overgrown Audi.....with proportions that never quite set right with me.

One thing I've noticed that's strange about the current Taurus is how tall it is, not just the roof, but also the front fender line and hood. The body is very tall relative to other midsize/large sedans. The MKS I saw at the auto show last month has the same strange thickness going on.

This is the official 2010 Taurus. Ford has been asking for members of TaurusClub to remove the image.

One thing I've noticed that's strange about the current Taurus is how tall it is, not just the roof, but also the front fender line and hood. The body is very tall relative to other midsize/large sedans. The MKS I saw at the auto show last month has the same strange thickness going on.

That's exactly it.

Like a sedan body with SUV proportions.......really wierd.

The newer one may be somewhat bland, but it does look much sleaker.

The link has been taken down. Anyone want to PM me the image if you saved it?

Crap, I shoulda saved it. Nevertheless I got a good loo k at it, there's a lot more sculpting in it, and on top of that, the front emulates the Verve Concept, so it's not generic or Camry like.

Northstar: PM me the image. I would like to have a better look at the design. :AH-HA_wink:

EDIT: Deep-six that request. Mustang gave it to me. Thank you, Mustang. :)

Edited by YellowJacket894

Can someone also PM me the image, as I came to this thread too late...thanks in advance.

This is the official 2010 Taurus. Ford has been asking for members of TaurusClub to remove the image.

is that why i can't see it?

anyone who saved it, PM me?

Edited by regfootball

Sigh. I was trying to educate people in Italian and teach them the manners their parents fail to teach... anyone care to send the images to a tired and frustrated Italian teacher who just wants to smile today?

got y'all's back - we were not taken down yet (but we dared to only show a portion of the image)

"Superman" Ford Taurus revealed early

By Igor Holas | 04.08.2008 | www.autosavant.net

Yesterday (Monday) evening, a blurry picture was posted on the Taurus Car Club of America’s online forums. It was a small blurry cell-phone picture, but it still stirred quite a commotion online, as it claimed to depict the new 2010 Ford Taurus, without a piece of camouflage over its body. The picture is of low quality and shows only the front ¾ view, but it showed the important piece – the sexy body of the new Ford Taurus slotted to go on sale next year.

Ford’s vastly popular CEO Alan Mulally let himself be heard that Ford is moving the Taurus from its homely “Homer Simpson” looks to more attractive “Superman” looks. The main focus of the team was on design - inside and out. The current Taurus is considered one of the best sedans on the market with excellent reliability, fuel economy, safety, and price – but its uninspiring looks make thousands of buyers pass right by without giving it a single chance.

MORE AND A PICTURE!! AT LINK : http://www.autosavant.net/2008/04/superman...aled-early.html

Igor

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room