Early look: 2010 Cadillac CTS Wagon illustrated

ZL-1

this seems more of a lowered SRX type crossover then a true useful wagon... it looks real hot, but like Camino said, a bit small

Interesting... To me it looks like a wagon.

EDIT - I mean wagon in the sense of the new Commodore wagon, not 1970's Ford LTD wagons.

Re size, my guess is this will be 5-Series sized just like the Sedan is.

Edited by ZL-1

hot.....and based in reality. the saab effect is there in c-pillar along with the raising beltline, but that's no problem as it looks distinct, and that effect works well on the Saab and also works well with the C-pillar design here. the raised beltline even works better with a wagon shape than the sedan. this will look really good, better than the sedan imo.

If you look closely you can see the way the fins go across the roof.

I don't think they could have pulled that off with out making the tail lights go all the way up

And seeing how the fins are now Cadillacs new design trend, again, i think it is totally justified.

It looks very good.

They won't do it. They didn't do it for the SRX, they won't do it for the CTS wagon. I also fully expect it to have a more traditional greenhouse.

They seem to be doing it with the Provoq/BRX and the CTS coupe. Why not the wagon?

this seems more of a lowered SRX type crossover then a true useful wagon... it looks real hot, but like Camino said, a bit small

That's pretty much what the SRX was... a CTS wagon with a crossover suspension.

Now if they DO make an AWD version to replace the SRX and compete with the Allroad and XC70, that would be interesting.

the greenhouse is the exact same from the sedan. at least that element I don't expect will change for the production version. I really like the taillights and hope these actually reflect the production model, as the article strongly claims to. a lot of the illustrations/depictions for past GM cars have been accurate, and I don't see how Cadillac's best interest would be served in keeping with the SRX design theme.

I think it is beautiful! Finally a domestic wagon that's actually worth a damn! And I like the taillights very much. Who thought that the Cadillac fins would find a modern interpretation on a 21st century wagon? Now, if only I can afford one when I graduate, I might be supplementing the Jeep with one of these instead of replacing it with another Grand Cherokee!