2010 Buick LaCrosse Spied, Inside and Out

wildcat

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is that a stitched dash, a la CTS?

It looks to be. And I was noticing that the conceptual renderings of the steering wheel and gauges that were posted a while back were accurate.

is that a stitched dash, a la CTS?

You mean a la Lucerne Super right? :AH-HA_wink:

Yep. It looks like a leather dash and very similar to the rendering put together by TED back several months ago. From what I can tell, there are two-tone leather seats also.

Interior looks great. I like the wheels. I like the way the exhaust cuts up into the rear bumper. The proportions look good. I think I'm sold.

From what I can tell, there are two-tone leather seats also.

Actually, the dash, door and seat look tri-tone. The seat base is lighter than the lower leather, which is lighter still than the top. The door has a lighter panel between a darker upper and lower, and there is a lighter color still on the sweep at the door handle. This lighter sweep continues across the dash. That sweep is kind of in the area that might be considered the ambient lighting area of the Riv, do you think?

That side mirror is a bit Enclave chunky though.

Edited by InvictaMan

If it's what I think it is, I'm not a fan of the heated seats switches being located on the side of the seat... they can be awkward to reach with the doors shut.

It looks similar to the Malibu interior (similar gauges) but with a faux leather wrapped dash to be like the CTS. Much better than the current LaCrosse, but nothing breakthrough or exciting. Hopefully this tops the Accord's top end interior. Looks like they got the 2-tone gray with silver metal trim a la the Sebring.

Edited by smk4565

door panels look interesing in a wierd way, though there's nothing truly revealing in this shot, we still can't tell what the overall interior looks like unless we judge by the renderings posted here months back, which are mostly gone from my memory. so no judgement calls can really be made here.

BUT, leather stitched dash, true luxury appointments, nice sculpting on the rims....these are all things we should be expecting in a Buick. If they are to turn the page, this better be a damned exciting car. I don't see Buick getting many more right times beyond now.

door panels look interesing in a wierd way, though there's nothing truly revealing in this shot, we still can't tell what the overall interior looks like unless we judge by the renderings posted here months back, which are mostly gone from my memory. so no judgement calls can really be made here.

BUT, leather stitched dash, true luxury appointments, nice sculpting on the rims....these are all things we should be expecting in a Buick. If they are to turn the page, this better be a damned exciting car. I don't see Buick getting many more right times beyond now.

You know, the past isn't as far away as it sometimes seems. :AH-HA_wink:

nglac.jpg

advancedclusterthemeskeuy2.jpg

shifterthemesketchgmx35zg0.jpg

steeringwheelthemesketcgj3.jpg

integratedcenterstackgmlj5.jpg

http://www.cheersandgears.com/forums/index...showtopic=19618

i hope TED wasn't putting us together with those shots. I also hope the exterior matches the flair and classical flow seen here. It will be interesting to see how much of a executive saloon type design they came up with since that's the flavor of the interior.

This is going to be one phenomenal looking Buick, one that may have just made my shopping list.

steeringwheelthemesketcgj3.jpg

So, the only difference that seems to be with this new corporate steering wheel is that there are more buttons on the production version and the metal part is on the inside of the production version whereas in the sketches it's on the outer parts of the spokes.

"when" i look for a new car, this and the camaro will be quite near the top (given very little $$ constraints)

Those are 2 awfully different cars. One looks good and has handling, the other will drive like the suspension is made out of marshmallows and brakes made out of wood.

Those are 2 awfully different cars. One looks good and has handling, the other will drive like the suspension is made out of marshmallows and brakes made out of wood.

How do you know? Maybe the new Buick will handle and drive less like previous ones.

. . . the other will drive like the suspension is made out of marshmallows and brakes made out of wood.

<_< Lucky for you you've driven both cars, right? Oh... neither? So you're just talking out your :censored: as usual.

Edited by wildcat

And you know this how? You think Buick/GM doesn't realize they have to change their image for being cars for grandparents?

Anyways, this vehicle is going to knock the crap out of the Lexus ES. The ES interior looks 10 years old by comparison. Buick is going to survive. Now on to Pontiac... Alpha vehicle to compliment the G8 and that brand will survive (please do not make this into a topic about Pontiac, BTW).

What is the last Buick made without a marshmallow suspension? The 1987 GNX comes to mind and that was limited production. I've driven the Aura XR, which handles pretty well for a front drive car, still rolls a little, but the engine I thought lacked refinement. The Buick won't be tuned at tight as the Aura XR. My Aurora body rolls more than I'd like it to, I can't see a Buick with tighter handling than the Aurora or the Saturn.

I hope Epsilon II is good because Jeremy Clarkson on Top Gear called Epsilon the worst chassis ever while driving a Vauxhall Vectra. I think that is a little harsh, I have a friend with an 04 Malibu, there are definitely worse chassis. Although after driving 2 Epsilon cars, I can say I wouldn't buy one.

What is the last Buick made without a marshmallow suspension?

:rolleyes:

Buicks will not make people sea sick even in their softest sprung model. Most don't imitate marshmallows any more than Toyota, Honda, or Lexus. Buick's suspensions (at least for their touring and utility vehicles) have a controlled, smooth, and compliant ride that not intrusive. They're not race cars, but they're not intended to be.

Park Avenue Ultra

Regal GS

LaCrosse CXS

LaCrosse Super

Lucerne CXS

Lucerne Super

Enclave

Rendezvous Ultra

Rainier

Looks like those earlier interior renderings were very accurate. Those are probably what the concept version will sport.

From these lates spy pics, you can see it will remain very true to concept.

I actually began peeling away the camo in Paint Shop for a better look, but then found that LeftLaneNews has AMAZING renderings already. I think they are almost dead on. Oh, and it looks good IMO. Very good.

Have a look-see:

http://www.leftlanenews.com/buick-lacrosse-invicta.html

:idhitit:

The only thing that concerns me about this car is that it may not move the needle far enough.

I'm going to give GM the benefit of the doubt and concede that the looks and quality will be another generational leap beyond the 'bu. That being said, does this model satisfy a marketplace need as an ES competitor that isn't being met? GM alone has a dozen products in this space of the market (middle market FWD sedans) from its varied brands.

To me, AWD, in-car entertainment packages, hybrid or diesel availability would all set this car apart....does anyone know what this car's USP will be? I just get the feeling that the Koreans, Japanese and, to a lesser degree, the Germans all occupy the slots that Buick buyers used to gravitate.

I hope it's more than a nice product. Our neighboring GMC-B-P store could use the traffic. The 1st G8 that came in a few weeks ago is still sitting on their front porch. Interestingly, our local Caddy-Saab-Hummer place had its best sales month in decades last month--so it isn't just the local economy.

The only thing that concerns me about this car is that it may not move the needle far enough.

I'm going to give GM the benefit of the doubt and concede that the looks and quality will be another generational leap beyond the 'bu. That being said, does this model satisfy a marketplace need as an ES competitor that isn't being met? GM alone has a dozen products in this space of the market (middle market FWD sedans) from its varied brands.

To me, AWD, in-car entertainment packages, hybrid or diesel availability would all set this car apart....does anyone know what this car's USP will be? I just get the feeling that the Koreans, Japanese and, to a lesser degree, the Germans all occupy the slots that Buick buyers used to gravitate.

I hope it's more than a nice product. Our neighboring GMC-B-P store could use the traffic. The 1st G8 that came in a few weeks ago is still sitting on their front porch. Interestingly, our local Caddy-Saab-Hummer place had its best sales month in decades last month--so it isn't just the local economy.

I think the Enclave satisfied a lot of those worries. The Enclave is still a high demand vehicle and has been Buick's highest demanded vehicle in years, possibly decades. For the Enclave the styling and quality had attention to detail.

This LaCrosse replacement (and I hope it's not named LaCrosse because this car seems like it'll be nothing like its predecessor), if it has the style and quality of the Enclave (and I think these pictures show that it won't be far off the mark) then it will generate interest and sales just as the Enclave has done without any hybridness or anything.

With that being said - Buick, as well as all of GM, should be focusing a lot more on alternative fuel sources because gas is just god damn ridiculous now. These technologies should be supplied ASAP as you suggest.

I think those renderings look beautiful...mostly. The rear end is not very Buick-y but otherwise it is magnificent. The Invicta name would be a welcome change in my opinion, but if the car is great, I don't think the name is too important.

It looks like, at this writing, the headline is going to be bumped off TCC's list of the latest stories. But if you scroll down not very far past that, you'll still see the story and photos.

I just checked - the link I posted here, on pg.1 of this thread, is still valid.

I think the Enclave satisfied a lot of those worries. The Enclave is still a high demand vehicle and has been Buick's highest demanded vehicle in years, possibly decades. For the Enclave the styling and quality had attention to detail.

This LaCrosse replacement (and I hope it's not named LaCrosse because this car seems like it'll be nothing like its predecessor), if it has the style and quality of the Enclave (and I think these pictures show that it won't be far off the mark) then it will generate interest and sales just as the Enclave has done without any hybridness or anything.

With that being said - Buick, as well as all of GM, should be focusing a lot more on alternative fuel sources because gas is just god damn ridiculous now. These technologies should be supplied ASAP as you suggest.

The Enclave is a separate category of goodness...it's a CrossOver (so the market is hot) & it's a superior product (space/economy/styling). My concern revolves around whether a FWD ES competitor is something that the public is clamoring for from Buick. That doesn't mean it won't be a good product, just not the great product that Buick needs to become relevant again.

A large Park Ave (think Commodore) RWD sedan or a Riv coupe (to partner off the Camaro assempbly line) make more sense to me, if volume is no longer a huge concern with the GMC-P-B channels. They would also command higher prices, solidify Zeta in the product program mix & could be built in NA and exported internationally, giving GM the benefit of the weak $.

They would also be 'premium', rather than a Lexus-like permutation of EpII.

Uh oh. If that's what it looks like, I'm going to have to cut cable, internet, phone, and air conditioning out of my life so I can afford it :AH-HA_wink:

The taillamps look very LS460 to me.

based on the rendering, they will succeed in moving this car and Buick upscale. the quality present here combined with our growing fuel economy concernes does back up the question of is there really a need for a larger Buick sedan. I think in the end, something fresher could have been made, and so hopefully that's what the American team can come up with for a Zeta sedan, that is if the American team is designing it and if Zeta ever comes to light, oh ya and I doubt it since I think China has some of the more talented designers.

This is not too derivative, but it borrows a little too liberally, and it's a little too unBuick based on the rendering, seems like China influenced a lot, and that really could be a great thing, as this break from the past could really turn out stellar when all is said and done. based on the rendering, I would have liked to see more of a play on old Rivieras, using some cues from there, but Buick has clearly been brought forth into a new and ambitious time.

Now this car is clearly is a $30k car, and will serve all the markets Buick and GM are looking to serve here in the States. Slightly concerned this doens't represent something really new and it's harder to stand out in that price range, day by day. Also, it needed to carve a distinct new image for Buick to live again and become synonomous with luxury and boldness; I'm not sure it carves a bold new identity rather it improves on others. It looks great though.

This looks very promising. I hope there's going to be a four-cylinder engine, preferably with direct injection and six speeds, in addition to the 3.6 liter V6.

Honestly, I doubt it; At least not available in the US. The Chinese version will most definitely off 4-cyl though.

The compact Buick will more than likely offer the 4-cyl here in the US.

WOW. the instrument cluster seems fantastic and the drivers seat looks great. seems very lexus like on the outside too.

Haha--there are a lot of people here who will see that as a BAD THING! :AH-HA_wink:

I think GMs engine choices will be what makes or breaks the car. If they don't do a higher gas mileage 4-cyl or hybird then many Baby-Boomers will just walk away from it without second thought.

Did I miss something where people are walking away from ES350s or Acura TLs?

Did I miss something where people are walking away from ES350s or Acura TLs?

Thank you.

A four cylinder engine has no place in this car. All the cars this car will compete with have V6 bases.

I'm going to predict a 3.6L V6 on the CX/CXL, and a DI 3.6L for the Super. All with 6A.

EDIT: If there is going to be a smaller Buick (which signs point to yes), then let that have the 4-cylinder engine, paired to a 6A.

Edited by Paolino