Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Diehard GrandPrix Fan

Pontiac Sunfire/G5

32 posts in this topic

I am debating if I should or shoudn't use this as one of my entry on the contest(as a replacement), though it came out horrible, I just want to see if anyone likes it.

Draw_Pontiac_G5g.jpg

Draw_Pontiac_G5GT.jpg

Draw_Pontiac_G5int.jpg

I know, they are laughable, have a lot of proportion errors, and I admit I especially suck in drawing the back, but oh well....

Decent ideas in need of better execution.

Go down to your local Barnes & Noble and see what you can find on automotive design. There is a lot of good material in the books you can find! :yes:

Holy crap, Grand Prix Fan drew the rear of a car!!

And it's decent. Hey, it's just as good as your front views. Thumbs up.

OK, how about these? I think these came out a little better. I am still fighting with the proportion, and I have trouble making the pics to have that, futuristic look, my imagination is just too limited to think futuristic cars I think, coupled with my busy schedule. I think these two came out somewhat of the idea I had, although it didn't come out fully, of the cars shape I was thinking about, but I think it's pretty close.

Draw_Pontiac_G5h.jpg

Draw_Pontiac_G5GT0.jpg

I know, I HAVE to have more time and I still have to study a lot before I get close to be good as most of you artistic geniouses, but oh well, I just don't have time and since most of my drawings are done before bed, so.....

I may change one of my entry in the contest with this new one. Let me know what you think.

Draw_Pontiac_G5k.jpg

Draw_Pontiac_G5kb.jpg

Draw_Pontiac_G5ki.jpg

I am still fighting with perspective, but I think these came out a bit better.

Draw_Pontiac_G5j.jpg

The rear view is carved from a block of wood and the side sculpting is not too strong, but the front fascia here has to be one the better ones I've seen from you.

OK, how about this one. I tried to implement the tips I got and tried hard to make it look futuristic(though I have no idea how to do that), and the front end came out horrible. I personally hate it, but I don't know.... Enjoy

Draw_Pontiac_G5l.jpg

Still fighting with the proportion and still learning, so I would want some more tips. I didn't bother draw the back as a whole for I am really having a tough time making it look right, so I just drew the back only. Also, I forgot to draw in the driver side A/C duct. Oops.

Edited by Diehard GrandPrix Fan

The graphics and sculpting are all wrong. The fascia looks like it was stolen from a bloated last-generation Bonneville GX/P.

OK, How about now?

Draw_Pontiac_G5m.jpg

I kinda burrowed some design cues from G6 for the front end and enlarged the back(which made it suffer more in perspective I think. :( ), and changed the back and added the trunk lid line to display the low liftover.

I know it isn't any better, but I just need the tips to improve it so I can implement them on my future drawings as well.

Thanx.

SYMMETRY! i know i didnt spell it right, but what would really make an impact on your drawing is symmetry... For example... in the rear shot of the above pic, one side of your roof angles in much more then the other, creating a car-thats-been-rolled-over look... that will make a big difference...

your rocker panels and rear fascia are draggin pretty low, and that adds a "clunkiness" factor to your car... also, the window line on the door dips waaaaaaay too low IMO, bring it up abit... i dont like super small windows, but this aint no Pacer...

im not trying to diss your work, just giving you some pointers you seem to be looking for.... keep on practicing, you are improving! :thumbsup:

Draw_Pontiac_G5m.jpg

This is actually much better, as far as perspective goes, especially in the front, considering your past work.

Something that bothers me with your work are your wheels. They are too long, narrow, and fat.

OK then, how about these?

Draw_Pontiac_G5o.jpg

Draw_Pontiac_G5ob.jpg

Draw_Pontiac_G5n.jpg

Draw_Pontiac_G5nb.jpg

As you have said, I tried to balance the rear quarter, and heightened the front window on the later one, the one before it was done before your post, so it's still kinda low, but....

As for wheels, that is one area I am really having problems. I have just about given up on the wheels area, and I am still fighting with the perspective, but.... I hope these are better, since I am still debating which ones to replace my 2 sucky entries on the contest here, though I don't expect to get ANY vote on ANY of mine.

Thank you. I am going to call it quits for the G5, and probably replace my entries with my latest 2, and move on to the other drawings, for I think I have drawn too many G5s which isn't really that exciting a model currently, but, thank you all for the tips and help, I will try to improve upon it by implementing them on my future drawings.

Thanx.

your front fascias are getting awesome.... i know ive had some differing opinions than you ove rpontiac stuff, but youve come a long way.. keep up the good work!

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0