Diehard GrandPrix Fan

Pontiac Bonneville

51 posts in this topic

I know I am the only one, but I am really hating the new G8. Not just because it's an import(for I hate imports) and not just because its just another re-badge(I hate the re-badging business to begin with), I just don't like its small size and the plain looks along with its high price, and the outrageous, overdone interior that isn't my cup of tea(I've actually saw one at the show, and couple of them in my local dealer lot, and I was so relieved that I got my long time dream, the last breed Grand Prix before they completely disappear at the lot, for I hate used cars, nor any rental fleet things). One of my best buddie actally, almost bought a Bonneville if it hadn't been dead by then, so he had to shop elsewhere. I really want the North American designed and built Bonneville to return. If not right away, in the near future, and I don't give a **** to this Aussie import re-badge to return or not. If Bonneville and Grand Prix returns, I don't care if G8 stays or not, but anyway, I tried my hand at the next Bonneville. As usuall in all of my drawings, it has a LOT of problems, in proportion, and overall look and everything, and esp. the rear drawing I did, which came out as trashy as it could possibly get, but I hope you enjoy them nonetheles.

Draw_Pontiac_Bonneville2.jpg

Edited by Diehard GrandPrix Fan

first thing, this whole rebadge business... how many of the AVERAGE consumers see the Commodore? or even know WTF it is? how many average consumers will EVER see any of the twins of this car? how many of the average consumer will even know this was built right here? its not a rebadge since its unique to the market here

and do me a favor.... make one post.. at least one without slipping in "blah blah blah I HATE THE G8! blah blah blah" <_<

we get it, you dont like it, but guess what? its a crap load more pontiac then ANY W-body will ever be, and besides the GTO/Trans Am/Solstice, its more pontiac then anything else offered in a LONG time....

PONTIAC IS CAR, G8 IS PONTIAC! :D

Well, I am sorry, I just don't like it that's all. I hate it's plain exterior styling, Horrible interior, small size, Rear Wheel Drive(I am not a fan of), and especially due to the fact that it is NOT North American made. I always hated the import, and that makes me hate this car more than ever. I don't want ANY imports to pose as my favorite brand, that's all. I know I am the only one, but I am proud to be that only one. I NEVER EVER want to see IMPORTED Pontiac. I want to see Pontiacs that were DESIGNED in home in USA, or Canada. Also, I hate the name as well. They should really stop with the numberring scheme and go back to the exciting model names they used in the past. I just don't like it OK?

Thank You. I just want GM to STOP, I repeat STOP the non-sense of importing the cars from other worlds and re-badges them. Hey, CRAPvolet doesn't do that(aside from that stupid Daewoo Kalos), Buick doesn't, Cadillac doesn't, why does Pontiac HAS to relie on some STUPID imports to help them? I would rather see Pontiac close down rather than NOT designing any of its models and imports MOST of its models from other parts of the world or rebading other brands. I am sick of it. I want them to go BACK to their good old days in the 60s and 70s, when they had NO Rebadges or IMPORTS as their models, AND as the FULL LINE BRAND rather than just having 3 or 4 models that are all either rebadges or imports.

Sorry, I had to take it out somewhere.

I don't think your going to like this but I gotta point out some stuff.

Well, I am sorry, I just don't like it that's all. I hate it's plain exterior styling, Horrible interior, small size, Rear Wheel Drive(I am not a fan of), and especially due to the fact that it is NOT North American made.

The G8 is a large car it has more room than most of its class competitors. Wait it has to be built in the US or North America? Well if you think Canada is OK what do you think about Mexico? What about GM's South American operations?

I always hated the import, and that makes me hate this car more than ever. I don't want ANY imports to pose as my favorite brand, that's all. I know I am the only one, but I am proud to be that only one. I NEVER EVER want to see IMPORTED Pontiac. I want to see Pontiacs that were DESIGNED in home in USA, or Canada.
Pontiac has designed or engineered ANYTHING since about 1980. GM Corporate has used Corporate engines, transmissions, and parts for all GM cars everywhere in the world.

Thank You. I just want GM to STOP, I repeat STOP the non-sense of importing the cars from other worlds and re-badges them. Hey, CRAPvolet doesn't do that(aside from that stupid Daewoo Kalos), Buick doesn't, Cadillac doesn't, why does Pontiac HAS to relie on some STUPID imports to help them?

Chevrolet has more volume than all other GM car brands in the US combined. It doesn't need to piggy back off of other programs, typically other programs piggy back off of them, including Pontiac. Buick will in the near future be selling models in the US designed mostly for the Chinese market. Caddy BRX is a rebadged SAAB 9-4x (or is it the other way around). The DTS is a rebadged Lucerne and the Escalade is a tarted up Tahoe.

Also Pontiac has to rely on Holden because well Holden is about the only part of GM that decided NOT to build FWD. They essentially are the only part of GM that knows how to build top of the class RWD volume vehicles that you can sell at modest prices and not lose your shirt doing it. If Pontiac doesn't get Holden sourced programs and cars it dies. Flat out that is the ONLY way Pontiac has a chance at survival otherwise it is Olds version 2.0.

I would rather see Pontiac close down rather than NOT designing any of its models and imports MOST of its models from other parts of the world or rebading other brands. I am sick of it. I want them to go BACK to their good old days in the 60s and 70s, when they had NO Rebadges or IMPORTS as their models, AND as the FULL LINE BRAND rather than just having 3 or 4 models that are all either rebadges or imports.

I am sorry did you say that Pontiac had NO rebadges in the 60s or 70s? :lol: Are you just brand loyal to the point of stupidity or what. ALL Buick, Pontiac, Olds cars were to one degree or another rebadges. There were sheet metal changes, dash changes, and back then different engine options but the cars were ESSENTIALLY THE SAME! That is why cars were referred to as A-bodies, B-bodies... GM does a better job of differentiating its chassis sharing models now than it ever has.

And Pontiac is NEVER going to be a full line brand again. That is Chevrolet's job as the volume division it gets everything so it can make enough money on enough volume to keep less profitable brands like Pontiac going. Pontiac is paired w/ GMC and Buick now. Buick will handle luxury/higher end sedans and crossovers. GMC will cover trucks. Pontiac will be smaller sportier sedans and coupes.

As for not liking RWD, do you realize that all the 'classic' Pontiacs were RWD, right? The only performance FWD Pontiac I can think of would be the GP GXP and while it was a cool car it was horribly weakened by the FWD architecture. The G8 is the right direction for Pontiac, and like it or not, will be the direction of Pontiac.

That is just the facts of life, accept them and move on. You aren't going to change anyone's mind by rambling on and on about things on a message board, the decision makers report to the stock holders.

I don't think your going to like this but I gotta point out some stuff.

The G8 is a large car it has more room than most of its class competitors. Wait it has to be built in the US or North America? Well if you think Canada is OK what do you think about Mexico? What about GM's South American operations?

Pontiac has designed or engineered ANYTHING since about 1980. GM Corporate has used Corporate engines, transmissions, and parts for all GM cars everywhere in the world.

Chevrolet has more volume than all other GM car brands in the US combined. It doesn't need to piggy back off of other programs, typically other programs piggy back off of them, including Pontiac. Buick will in the near future be selling models in the US designed mostly for the Chinese market. Caddy BRX is a rebadged SAAB 9-4x (or is it the other way around). The DTS is a rebadged Lucerne and the Escalade is a tarted up Tahoe.

Also Pontiac has to rely on Holden because well Holden is about the only part of GM that decided NOT to build FWD. They essentially are the only part of GM that knows how to build top of the class RWD volume vehicles that you can sell at modest prices and not lose your shirt doing it. If Pontiac doesn't get Holden sourced programs and cars it dies. Flat out that is the ONLY way Pontiac has a chance at survival otherwise it is Olds version 2.0.

I am sorry did you say that Pontiac had NO rebadges in the 60s or 70s? :lol: Are you just brand loyal to the point of stupidity or what. ALL Buick, Pontiac, Olds cars were to one degree or another rebadges. There were sheet metal changes, dash changes, and back then different engine options but the cars were ESSENTIALLY THE SAME! That is why cars were referred to as A-bodies, B-bodies... GM does a better job of differentiating its chassis sharing models now than it ever has.

And Pontiac is NEVER going to be a full line brand again. That is Chevrolet's job as the volume division it gets everything so it can make enough money on enough volume to keep less profitable brands like Pontiac going. Pontiac is paired w/ GMC and Buick now. Buick will handle luxury/higher end sedans and crossovers. GMC will cover trucks. Pontiac will be smaller sportier sedans and coupes.

As for not liking RWD, do you realize that all the 'classic' Pontiacs were RWD, right? The only performance FWD Pontiac I can think of would be the GP GXP and while it was a cool car it was horribly weakened by the FWD architecture. The G8 is the right direction for Pontiac, and like it or not, will be the direction of Pontiac.

That is just the facts of life, accept them and move on. You aren't going to change anyone's mind by rambling on and on about things on a message board, the decision makers report to the stock holders.

I know G8 is classified as large car, but the dimensions on all the books and the actual look around it is far SMALLER than my current Grand Prix, which in my opinon, is a FAR SUPERIOR and much more VOLOPTUOUS(sp?) car, well at least to me. It has far better styling that is AGGRESSIVE that puts a character in the car, larger size, more intuitive and BETTER designed interior and gauges that is more driver friendly that is AMERICAN, Better Seats, and OVERALL, the car just for me. The G8 is a COMPLETE FAILURE for me.

Also, as I have said, it HAS to be made in NORTH America. Mexico is not North Amrica, it's actually CENTRAL America. I am stricktly a NORTH AMERICAN MADE CAR buyer, so anything OTHER than US and Canada is no no for me, that is also NOT Chevy, only American brand I hate with my life.

Also, I don't care about the engines nor any components shared, I am only into the STYLING and the DISTINTIVE Queues that each division should have. And STOP telling me that Chevy is a volume brand. I know that. If GM wants to make other division as a volume division, they can EASILY CLOSE DOWN CHEVROLET(one thing I REALLY WISH HAPPENS) and give ALL of its STUPID looking cars to other divisions, better yet, kill them all for good, Boost the number of models of other divisions, lower the price, and put some much needed attention and money they have WASTED on their STUPID, IDIOTIC looking junks that are CRAPvolet. They can easily fund and invest to make Pontiac and other divisions make the engine themselves and SELL them to Chevy(NEVER for free for those Chevy losers), same way Chevy monopolized to other divisions. They should really do something what Oldsmobile did in the past. The Quad 4 engine that was made by Oldsmobile to my best of my knowledge. Also, Pontiac kinda proved they can also be a volume seller with their success with the Grand am in the past, no reason they can't do it again, by having more, GOOD models that are AMERICAN that are not the IMPORTED TRASH like G8 is.

As for 60s and 70s, I will give you that one. I was so pissed about what this Lutz loser is doing to my favorite brand(well, WAS, not anymore, unless they bring BACK Bonneville, Sunfire, Grandam, AMERICAN GTO, Firebird, Grand Prix, and Fiero, and KILLS off any IMPORTED Junks like G8, or Vibe, and the rebadged trash like Torrent, and G5. Even though Sunbird and Cavalier were pretty much identical in body, they weren't an exact copy of G5 and Cobalt are these days, same thing goes to Sunfire and Cobalt which had completely different front end, to me, that is way better than just changing the grill and rename it as something else. If they only want to do re-badge, make them DIFFERENT at least). Unless that happens, I am NEVER going to buy GM again. Though losing 1 customer is really nothing for these clowns and they will laugh about it and don't care. I just want to see Chevy close down or they invest some much needed money and attention to other brands rather than this f***ing garbage called Chevy which is playing monopoly to all other divisions as if they are the only GM brand around. I want to see Chevy kill the project of that idiotic Camaro, and bring back Firebird, Better yet, Kill the Corvette too, and give a new, EVEN STRONGER icon to Pontiac instead. Remember Banshee?. CANCEL that lame Volt and give some much needed new models for Pontiac that was designed and built in North America for a change, they should KILL OFF ALL of their trucks and give all of them to GMC instead. I really want Chevy to fail miserably so.....

Also, Pontiac should kill off that stupid Toyota trash called Vibe, and bring back few more new models that was dead a while back, such as Phoenix, though it wasn't really a good car, they can improve it a lot(Designed in US of course) to meet today's standards and bring it back, return of the Fiero will be a dream come true as well, this time making it a bit stronger so that it doen't fail in safety as the previous model did and market it as one model above the current Solstice that is front engined. Pontiac SHOULD have this mid-engined sportster Fiero in their line up to really revive the brand as performance oriented. Grand Prix should return as well, in its original 2 door performance coupe in ADDITION to the previous sedan model. Firebird and GTO should also return, NOT as a Holden rebadge, but the ones that were completely re-designed from the ground up in US/Canada WITHOUT burrowing any of those stupid Camaro traits or the ill-fated last GTO that was just another import garbage.

As for the drivetrain. I don't care, as long as they bring back Grand Prix in the future, that is like current one where, designed in US, built in Canada. If they want me to keep buying GM products, they should really give Pontiac some of their OWN designed unique model, and not just 3 or 4 garbages(G5, Torrent, G8, Vibe) that they are selling now. About the only Pontiacs that I consider as a REAL Pontiac now are the North American made Solstice and G6. Again, I don't care about the components of where they are made, but they ARE built in North America as far as I can tell, now that they killed another AMERICAN MADE car Grand Prix(my current car) in place of the f***ing Aussie Import trash called the G8. Besides Solstice and G6, other models they have now are nothing but imports and rebadges of leftover Chevy garbages. Pontiac right now is NOT an American Car Brand, but an American AGENT that sells imported craps and the leftover Chevy re-badges as their side.

Again, if Pontiac can't survive without the help of an import like Holden, then F*** it, I don't care. If they can't design and build the cars of their own, it's better to die instead of becomming an import seller. Because they are NOT an import to begin with, and they DO have history as an AMERICAN car companly, not an Australian in the first place. That's my view. I just don't want to see them becomming an Aussie Company.

Sorry about this outburst that you may view it as childish and offensive, but that's how much I hate Chevy and all the imported and rebadged trash selling under Amercan brand that I once loved and was truly loyal with.

Thanx for reading. I will shut up now and ignore this thread, for I feel I got my points acrossed.

Also, as I have said, it HAS to be made in NORTH America. Mexico is not North Amrica, it's actually CENTRAL America. I am stricktly a NORTH AMERICAN MADE CAR buyer, so anything OTHER than US and Canada is no no for me, that is also NOT Chevy, only American brand I hate with my life.

NAFTA and all the recent maps I have seen indicate that Mexico is a part of North America.

If GM wants to make other division as a volume division, they can EASILY CLOSE DOWN CHEVROLET(one thing I REALLY WISH HAPPENS)

This quote shows that you know NOTHING of what you are talking about. Closing Olds, which had FAR fewer dealers than Chevy, costed GM Billions. To do the same w/ Chevy would bankrupt GM and basically be the WORST business decision ever!

Since you want Chevrolet killed so badly why not tell us WHY? Did it steal your prom date and have sex w/ her in the bathroom?

As for 60s and 70s, I will give you that one. I was so pissed about what this Lutz loser is doing to my favorite brand(well, WAS, not anymore, unless they bring BACK Bonneville, Sunfire, Grandam, AMERICAN GTO, Firebird, Grand Prix, and Fiero, and KILLS off any IMPORTED Junks like G8, or Vibe, and the rebadged trash like Torrent, and G5. Even though Sunbird and Cavalier were pretty much identical in body, they weren't an exact copy of G5 and Cobalt are these days, same thing goes to Sunfire and Cobalt which had completely different front end, to me, that is way better than just changing the grill and rename it as something else. If they only want to do re-badge, make them DIFFERENT at least). Unless that happens, I am NEVER going to buy GM again. Though losing 1 customer is really nothing for these clowns and they will laugh about it and don't care.
Why should GM cancel the Camaro? It has huge heritage and lots of PR pluses for the Brand? Oh because it isn't a precious Pontiac? GET OVER IT!

I don't think any execs will lose sleep over you not buying GM. You seem to have no regard for any other opinion than your own and absolutely zero business sense.

Also, Pontiac should kill off that stupid Toyota trash called Vibe, and bring back few more new models that was dead a while back, such as Phoenix, though it wasn't really a good car, they can improve it a lot(Designed in US of course) to meet today's standards and bring it back, return of the Fiero will be a dream come true as well, this time making it a bit stronger so that it doen't fail in safety as the previous model did and market it as one model above the current Solstice that is front engined. Pontiac SHOULD have this mid-engined sportster Fiero in their line up to really revive the brand as performance oriented. Grand Prix should return as well, in its original 2 door performance coupe in ADDITION to the previous sedan model. Firebird and GTO should also return, NOT as a Holden rebadge, but the ones that were completely re-designed from the ground up in US/Canada WITHOUT burrowing any of those stupid Camaro traits or the ill-fated last GTO that was just another import garbage.

You are showing your lack of knowledge. The Fiero was THE safest car on the road when it was built. A defect in manufacturing and maintainance led to some fires in 84 models only. A Fiero won't work in todays market, take a look at how well the last MR2 did. Besides the Solstice is a MUCH better car than the Fiero was.

As for the drivetrain. I don't care, as long as they bring back Grand Prix in the future, that is like current one where, designed in US, built in Canada. If they want me to keep buying GM products, they should really give Pontiac some of their OWN designed unique model, and not just 3 or 4 garbages(G5, Torrent, G8, Vibe) that they are selling now. About the only Pontiacs that I consider as a REAL Pontiac now are the North American made Solstice and G6. Again, I don't care about the components of where they are made, but they ARE built in North America as far as I can tell, now that they killed another AMERICAN MADE car Grand Prix(my current car) in place of the f***ing Aussie Import trash called the G8. Besides Solstice and G6, other models they have now are nothing but imports and rebadges of leftover Chevy garbages. Pontiac right now is NOT an American Car Brand, but an American AGENT that sells imported craps and the leftover Chevy re-badges as their side.
So you don't care about components just looks? Sounds like a ricer if you ask me. I would rather have a bland car w/ substance than a peice of crap w/ body cladding.

Sorry about this outburst that you may view it as childish and offensive, but that's how much I hate Chevy and all the imported and rebadged trash selling under Amercan brand that I once loved and was truly loyal with.

Thanx for reading. I will shut up now and ignore this thread, for I feel I got my points acrossed.

You hate for Chevy seems controlling. And the most childish thing you can do is 'take your ball and go home'. How about we discuss this and see if I can talk some sense in to you?

Lemme (recap... you want to close chevy down (90+years of heritage/equity) , cancel the Vette(55+ years of heritage/equity), Camaro(40+ years of equity) , and other BIG icon cars

You dont care for RWD, even in the "performance" brand

you would rather have a tacky FWD Grand prix (which, by your logic, ALSO can be construed as a chevy ripoff) then a wonderfully balanced,taut, atheletic POWERFUL beast of a G8, just because its built on an island across the world?

I vote you as the new head of GM!

Your hate for chevrolet irks me, because without chevy, their is no pontiac. aside from the parts bin to dig from, the money from the best selling GM brand is the ONLY way pontiac is still around... i guarentee fleet whore pontiac (i love pontiac but lets be serious here) is barely afloat, and without the capital generated by chevrolet, not only pontiac would disappear, but GM would too.

GM is a global company, thank god... this is not 1960, if GM did not work completly around the globe, it couldnt be competitive at all.

Face it, with out holden, PONTIAC DIES.... you may not like the direction Pontiac is going, but if its toward holden engineeredv Zetas and Alphas, that is the pontiac that every enthusiests need!

i expect your "CHEVROLET FOR TEH SUX, LUTZ FOR TEH SUX, HOLDEN FOR TEH UBER SUX" response

I wonder what Mr. Diehard's real age is. There is no way that these postings are from a man in his twenties. And they are most certainly not from a man (or teenager) who has taken even a brief moment of time to study the internal organization of GM and how it functions.

who doesnt understand the concept of niche/botique brands, a value/mainstream brand, or how much it costs to kill a brand

It's like Domesticated reincarnated, complete with total ignorance for how a company works and what a real Pontiac is. I don't even know where to begin!

Let's start by the obvious: You don't like RWD which automatically means you don't like true performance. You are satified with mediocority and have a very screwed up sense of style to think anything about the nasty looking GP is better than the G8.

How anyone could find this:

20124660-E.jpg

20124667-E.jpg

Better looking than this:

2008.pontiac.g8.20220379-E.jpg

08.pontiac.g8.int.500.jpg

Is a mystery that baffles me.

You're obviously living in a dream world if you think the G8 is too small, the G8 is larger in every dimension except overall length and front headroom, where the GP has a massive .1 inch advantage.

Furthermore, GM is a global company, so any vehicle that is made my GM regardless of where it's made is a GM vehicle.

Your hate for Chevy is just stupid, as others have said, Pontiac wouldn't exist without Chevy.

As for your drawings, the 2nd one is alright, the first one, which I'm assuming is the back needs a lot of work.

It's like Domesticated reincarnated, complete with total ignorance for how a company works and what a real Pontiac is.

:rotflmao:

Maybe they are one in the same? :scratchchin:

I apologize for all those outbursts, it's only that when I ever think about Chevy, I get furious for the monopolies they are playing and it always seems unfair to other divisions. I will try to calm down from now.

I know I have acted childish in a way, but, what Pontiac is always treated as, it seems like they are being treated like dirt, as if, they are the least loved division that GM who seems to be thinking about killing it, like they did to Oldsmobile, and taking the way that Mercury was once treated as. Getting trashy new models while getting their existing models being killed, since it seems that Pontiac NEVER gets good models(American made of course, I am not talking about imports for I hate them no matter what), while other divisions like Saturn, Cadillac and especially Chevy who is getting all the hypes and even more new models gets added while their current line up is overflowing already that is about to explode, when Lutz even said Chevy has TOO many models, yet they are keep adding and adding while Pontiac gets nothing, other than the 2 imports as their ONLY new models, while killing the American models one by one and replacing them with not so exciting re-badges that is pretty much 100% copy of Chevy with the different name. I know Chevy is a volume brand, but I think it's ridiculous. At least put as much as attention if not all that they are giving to Chevy to other brands. It's only fair. At least their outgoing American models had their OWN unique styling that were DIFFERENT than the same platformed Chevy and other divisions. Such as Grand Prix, while it's the same car virtually, Grand Prix and Impala had completely different style and sheetmetal. Impala to a more family oriented and plain, nothing special exterior while Grand Prix is geared more towards aggressive looks that gives the car a more personality and attitude in styling at least, and the interior that isn't a 100% knockoff of Chevy like G5 is to Cobalt, and Vibe is to Matrix(Which are the SAME car), Not to mention Torrent which is pretty much the copy of Chevy Equinnox.

I would like to clarify one thing here. Unlike the notion you people might have gotton, I have NOTHING against Holden nor FPV nor any Austrailan makes, I just don't want them to pose as Pontiac that's all. I mean, I would have reacted differently if they imported the G8 BUT, as an ADDITIONAL car WITHOUT killing the Grand Prix and Bonneville(though Bonneville has been killed way earlier). I know what you will say, that Grand Prix suck(I am driving one btw and I am LOVING it, more than any car I've driven and any I had owned, though it's only my third car), and the new imported G8 should replace it like it is now, but I am still a hard believer that Grand Prix should have stayed. I might be the only one, but. I have dreamed of seeing BOTH G8 and updated Grand Prix for 09 that remained a FWD that is STILL being made in Canada. That was my dream senario. I know G8 is a good car, but it's NOT the kind of looks I am looking for in a Pontiac. Even the dashboard is too plain for my style, and the exterior styling is TOO Ordinary, and TOO Boxy. I don't like overly curved style, but G8 is TOO Boxy. I prefer just the right amount of curve that GP has, and the reasonable price that it had. G8 is just TOO expensive as well. $3,000 is a BIG difference for me, and for that money, I would NEVER buy a G8 that has a downright boring style. I don't care about the power so.

As for hating Chevy, it wasn't until late that I hated them like it is now. It's simply because the unfair action they've taken against the Grand Prix(well, to me at least). They KILLED the Grand Prix(My all time dream car that I was shooting for ever since the late 90's) BECAUSE of importing the G8 and figured they should replace the old platform, WHILE they do NOTHING against the Chevy version of it which is just as old, The Impala, that I think should have been DEAD as well to be fair. Which I have always considerred as an old people's ordinary looking, uninteresting family ride, nothing more, nothing less with a bit of a style, and some engine punch to go along with it at a lower price than the sportier looking GP, and not much more, with a bit of a luxury inside for the price. I know what you will say. That Grand Prix NEVER sold, that they suck(though I am the only one who doesn't think so) that they only sold to the fleets and NO-ONE buys them, while Impalas are largely more popular and NEVER got sold to the fleets and Impalas were one of the hot car choice for the Police Cruisers and to some Taxi cabs to a certain extend while Pontiacs were largely ignored.

Also, the return of the Camaro, while the decision to NOT bringing back my former dream car Firebird that I could not get due to their death, fueled my hatred to Chevy even more, and that, all the new Pontiacs that's comming out seemed to be headed in the direction to act as a copy of a Chevy with a Pontiac name/logo or else, imported version of the car with the name Pontiac, that slowly converts the once excitement division to a not so interesting, boring alternative, as an excuse of a car, while Chevys and others are keep adding their OWN, AMERICAN new models that are NOT imports, not to mention any rebadges. Now, I understand that the upcomming Traverse may be Chevy's first only re-badge in a way of the Saturn SUV(though they DO look world different, even though I prefer Saturns in terms of looks million times), unless Chevy kills off Impala and cuts down their gigantic model lineups(which adds up to more than 14, 15 or so including all their similar looking trucks along with their plain looking, boring lines of cars with exception to Corvette which is like the only NON-Chevy look alike model in it's line up, though I am not a fan of it), I will NEVER change my perception on them and keep on hating them.

Greed has to stop, no matter how successful a brand is, and no matter how big a volume brand they are. To me, if you have more than 1 division, the pies has to be shared eqally, or if it can't, it has to be shared at least fairly. You can't favor one particular brand just because they do better. Same amount of attention needs to be given to ALL your divisions equally.

As for my age, I am a 36 year old male who works at a small firm in New Jersey, coding computer programs for living, if you wanted to know(I know, you didn't like my ramblings and figured it was comming from some ignorant little kid, and I admit, I've been too childish on my previous post, made it worse by my not so perfect English for I wasn't born here, though I AM an American Citizen).

I will calm down from now. Sorry about by outbursts. I just couldn't supress my anger before, I will be more quiet from now.

Sorry about all that.

no problems, but chevy WILL ALWAYS have more models then anything else... thats the goal, a car for everyone at Chevy...

how long do you expect the grand prix to last? especially on the W Platform? its outdated.... the impala doesnt have much longer, its only remaining cause its got better sales for now.. yeah it might have been good to keep the grand prix along with the G8, but its not cost feasible to have an overlap

20124667-E.jpg

For every Grand Prix interior Oshawa made, God sent another '70 Chevelle to the crusher.

Edited by YellowJacket894

I know they will always have more models than other divisions, but what I am saying here, is that, keep the OTHER division stocked with models fairly. For example, if Chevy has 10 models, keep all other divisions models to abou 7 or 8 or vice versa. Having 4 models while Chevy has 15 or 16 is just ridiculous. Even with the fact that Pontiac is now being paired with the Buick and GMC, 4 or 5 models is just not fair. Especially Buick. 3 Model line up is only for the upstart, New company that is STARTING the car business, not the established brand like Buick should have.

As for G8, when it was announced, I even took home the poster from the show and posted on the door of my room, thinking that it will be an ADDITIONAL car along with Bonneville and Grand Prix. Now they killled Grand Prix in place of it, that poster is no longer in my room. I have torned it off and threw out in the garbage.

Since G8 has more power, they should have sold it as a replacement of the Bonneville, using the Bonneville name, for I hate the number schemes, who ever thought of that idea. It worked for a Audi, but I don't think it's sounding that good as Pontiac. While keeping the Grand Prix, moving the platform to a new one if they have to, while not changing too much of its styling and designs. That was kind of the Pontiac line up I've been wishing.

Oh well, since they are not going to do that, my next car in about 10 or 15 years would have to be Dodge, or Ford. Bye bye GM, it's been fun doing business with you.

Well, as for the interior, though ALL of you hates it, I LOVE the interior of my GPs more than anything in the world, I don't like the new G8's interior and its plain, last GTO look alike gauges, which I am not a fan of that even SMELLS like an import, does not FEEL like domestic that I look for in a car.

Well, as for the interior, though ALL of you hates it, I LOVE the interior of my GPs more than anything in the world, I don't like the new G8's interior and its plain, last GTO look alike gauges, which I am not a fan of that even SMELLS like an import, does not FEEL like domestic that I look for in a car.

And I suppose you like Swiss cheese as well? :smilewide:

I know they will always have more models than other divisions, but what I am saying here, is that, keep the OTHER division stocked with models fairly. For example, if Chevy has 10 models, keep all other divisions models to abou 7 or 8 or vice versa. Having 4 models while Chevy has 15 or 16 is just ridiculous. Even with the fact that Pontiac is now being paired with the Buick and GMC, 4 or 5 models is just not fair. Especially Buick. 3 Model line up is only for the upstart, New company that is STARTING the car business, not the established brand like Buick should have.

Come on, wake up and oepn your eyes and your brain. Chevrolet has lots of models but look at the other showrooms: Buick (Lacrosse, Lucerne, Enclave), GMC (Canyon, Sierra, Yukon, Yukon XL, Acadia, Savannah), Pontiac (G5, G6 coupe, vert, and Sedan, Solstice coupe and vert, G8 ). I count 16 different body styles in the same showroom. What does Chevy have that this showroom doesn't have? Aveo (wow big win there), Corvette coupe/convertible (sweetness at its finest).

Perhaps things aren't as 1 sided as you thought. When you look at the MARKETING CHANNEL and not the brand of the car you can see that GM is spending its money wisely. GM doesn't have the 50% market share it did back in the 60s when it had truly full model lineups for Chevy, Buick, and Olds.

Besides you wouldn't want Pontiac, the sport division, to have a slow boring car like a V6 Lucerne would you? How about a lumbering SUV like the Yukon? They aren't TRUE Pontiacs, which is where Pontiac is headed (yes by using an imported model for now). You do realize that the next G8 will very likely be assembled in the US, right? That the Alpha Pontiacs will be engineered primarily by Holden and assembled either in the US, Australia, or Europe.

As for G8, when it was announced, I even took home the poster from the show and posted on the door of my room, thinking that it will be an ADDITIONAL car along with Bonneville and Grand Prix. Now they killled Grand Prix in place of it, that poster is no longer in my room. I have torned it off and threw out in the garbage.
The G8 and Holden didn't kill the Grand Prix. Pontiac and GM's 1990s shortsightedness did. Instead of bolstering its car lineup it concentrated its resources into Fullsize BOF SUVs. And it made a lot of financial sense, and money, to do so at the time. But the W-body just isn't cutting the mustard anymore. New and better Chassis offerings from the competition meant that the W-body Grand Prix had to die. There wasn't another suitable platform for the Grand Prix name so it just died. The Holden Sourced VE G8 on the other hand is a MUCH better car in every sense of the word. It handles better, has much better materials inside, is safer, and gets better fuel economy (V6 to V6). It is a true World Class car whereas the W-body Grand Prix was inefficiently packaged and compromised beyond compare.

Since G8 has more power, they should have sold it as a replacement of the Bonneville...

That idea is crap. Power doesn't equal market, nor does it equal price. The V6 G8 (which you seem to not think about) is a natural replacement for the V6 GTP Grand Prix. It produces 260 odd HP w/ plenty of torque. It has excellent handling and feel and is more space efficient. Sure it isn't as 'swoopy' as the last GP or cladded like the last Grand Am was but it has character.

Perhaps you should spend a little less time in your GP and a little more in the competition. The GP's interior is rightfully called "Fischer Price" bin parts. Seriously open your eyes.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor