-Camaro-

C7, Evolution or Revolution?

That's because the C6 was designed before the more recent design trends became the standards: stronger, flatter, more angular lines, more upright front ends, thicker pillars, smaller greenhouses, etc. The C6 does look a little 90s...but it still looks damn good.

Edited by Croc

Perhaps GM could get inspiration for the C7 from the 1963-1967 cars?

The problem is that the C6 is already boring. The C4 was a lot different from the C3 and it had a nice freshness to it. Then we had the C5. It looked good, but was only a nice version of a bland wedge design in which a same year Firebird looked better(referring to the C4). The C6 was a C5 with exposed headlights and C3 design cues. It's stale already. If the C7 is just a C6 with minor details changed(like on the C5 from the C4) it'll just be even more stale.

No offense but speak for yourself. I personally think the C6 is beautiful and no major changes are needed to keep the sales going. Just the improvements in the interior have people that I have talked to loving the C6.

Perhaps GM could get inspiration for the C7 from the 1963-1967 cars?

I don't think the Corvette will ever go retro. Just a gut feeling.

I don't think the Corvette will ever go retro. Just a gut feeling.

My idea was not to do what Ford did with the current Mustang. It was just to look back for inspiration.

Edited by ZL-1

No offense but speak for yourself. I personally think the C6 is beautiful and no major changes are needed to keep the sales going. Just the improvements in the interior have people that I have talked to loving the C6.

I never said it didn't look good, it's just a tired design, imo. I want to see something that looks different not a C6.5. This does not mean it has to radically change the shape to look like an S7. And I definitely think retro would be a bad mistake for the 'Vette.

My idea was not to do what Ford did with the current Mustang. It was just to look back for inspiration.

How far back do you want to go? Pretty much every Vette since the 1st gen has the same shape with very few modifications made to the overall styling. The only "retro-inspired" cues I can think of would be retractable headlamps (not gonna happen) and...well, outside of the first gen that's about it.

How far back do you want to go? Pretty much every Vette since the 1st gen has the same shape with very few modifications made to the overall styling. The only "retro-inspired" cues I can think of would be retractable headlamps (not gonna happen) and...well, outside of the first gen that's about it.

1963-1967 had some sexy curves. perhaps taking a look at the c1 could be interesting... i want something forward looking but that is corvette, something that connects it to the past visually even if it's just overall proportions. i'm no desinger, so it's hard for me to say pick 'element a' or 'element b'.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We ♥ Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook