Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gnitro

Phantazm

7 posts in this topic

I've actually had a similar idea for a more modern and sporty Firebird. Basically a Pontiac RX-8. That said, that rendering couldn't possibly seat four people. Even midgets would feel cramped in those back seats. I do like the style very much, but that name strikes me as particularly cheesy.

As far as the name, I doubt Pontiac will name any new car anything but either a historic name or a G#.

This? Maybe G9, maybe Firebird, maybe Fiero. I'd suggest Banshee, but even though it's historically perfect considering the original, it sounds silly.

Especially love the side. The gorgeous swoopy lines and the front of the side view. As far as the name, I really want to see some classic names return, though it won't happen. Names like Stratos Streaks, Silver Streaks, Star Chief, Safari, Club DeMer, Chieftain among others, and the 60's and 70's names like Can am, Catalina, Tempest, LeMans, or, they can use the names they used for the several great concepts they had such as Pursuit(though it is alreay being used in Canada for the small subcompact), Rageous, Piranha, REV, Protosport 4, Banshee, or even G-Force and so many great names rather than the boring, and un-innovative and lazy number names.

Edited by Diehard GrandPrix Fan

I know the name is lame, but only meant as the name of the concept. I wish Pontiac would just use the names of the platforms. Make it simple, Pontiac Zeta Coupe, Sedan, Wagon and Ute. This should be a Pontiac Alpha Coupe. Sorry the side view is not right as far as room in the back, oh well. Just in case anyone is wondering, the base is the Fisker Karma.

Edited by Gnitro

I'm still waiting for a Firebird/Trans Am... THAT will get my blood pressure up. :)

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0