Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Zulehan

Panther Replacements

14 posts in this topic

2010fordcrownvic.jpg

My girlfriend spilled juice on this drawing; I photoshopped it out as much as I could in 5 minutes and posted it anyway.

Ford Crown Victoria

2010lincolntowncar.jpg

Lincoln Town Car

Ford should be retiring the Panther platform soon. Not sure if it'll be gone by 2010, but I'm sure if they had decent replacements ready, they'd at least bring them forward and sell the remaining Panthers as "Crown Victoria Classic" or something, like Chevrolet did with a few models.

Aussie Ford Falcons have been spotted around Detroit. I'll quietly, optimistically assume they're mules for new RWD American models. These, maybe. I tried to make sure the Ford was a proper evolution of Euro, Aussie, and American Ford design, and I looked at the Interceptor concept as well. For the Lincoln I took reference from the recent concepts, while remaining clean and conservative (remember, it's a Town Car).

I'm trying to take my time and be a little cleaner with my drawing (the Crown Vic is an exception, considering the spill). I'm thinking they'd look even better if I quit shading them, but I have trouble conveying complex surfacing with just lines. Oh well, I'll figure it out.

Edited by Zulehan

i like the ford a lot... the lincoln is nice but i feel like the face is too upright... tilt the top of it back a little bit and itll be fantastic

My thoughts pretty much echo 04monte's, I would also like to see the wheelbase stretched a bit. The front of the Ford looks great though.

Zulehan, this is what I mean about the wheelbase stretch:

pontiacG5copy.jpg

You're drawings a very good and show an great understanding of perspective...they just look at bit short. I used your G5 since it was the quickest to chop and I didn't wanna post it in the competition.

Wow. Not BAD, not bad at all!!!

The Ford's front lower valance is a bit too ricey but overall I give both a solid A.

I think you're right, Dodgefan. I think it stems from the fact that I tend to draw the wheels of a car a little bigger than production, but then I go and set the fenders just as tall over the wheels as they would be if the wheels where smaller. Something like that. Anyway I agree.

2010fordcrownvicrear.jpg

Crown VIctoria

(forgot the door handles!)

Nice! Great lines and perspective, and teh wheelbase looks good too. :AH-HA_wink:

I really like these, Zulehan. The front and rear doors need to be longer, though. And in the front 3/4 views (EDIT: also in the rear 3/4 view), the rear wheel appears to be steered to the right a bit on both cars. Where's the Mercury? Edited by ocnblu

Yeah we've talked about that wheelbase problem (or I need longer doors, same problem) should be improving in the next couple drawings. And a Merc should be coming up soon.

Edited by Zulehan

Thanks. Loving the feedback.

I just wish I had a graphic tablet!! I could do so much more!

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room