Future Small RWD Caddy?

will be rolling down an assembly line in Lordstown Ohio in 2011....

Yep.

I like it...it reminds me of a mini-CTS...

In fact, in order for it to sell-it will have to do some of the very things the current CTS does now..... :yes:

Ans a price that can still undercut a BMW.....

Just because you don't like the drive wheel or the styling doesn't make them trash, if fact over all, they have served GM and the consumer well. They are reliable and dependable which is why the Impala is selling so well to this day.

This is where I have to agre with PCS....and affordable, which is making them appealing to young families (like me).

Though a few weeks ago I had to listen to this really old guy brag how great his tan Impy LS was.... :lol:

Now if it was an SS....

Just because you don't like the drive wheel or the styling doesn't make them trash, if fact over all, they have served GM and the consumer well. They are reliable and dependable which is why the Impala is selling so well to this day.

Umm, yeah that...... Or it could be the fleet sales

Leadership that allows programs like the W-Body to hang around at GM for years on end are the same "leaders" who have damaged the company so badly. Here's to hope that this leadership is kept on a different continent. :cheers:

reg that was seriously one of the dumbest comments i've seen on this board in the past weeks. has anybody actually driven a tsx stick shift? this isn't directed at OC, you've presented a valid reason for not being enticed by these cars. granted they're streamlined and hard-pressed for normalcy, but for dollars it's hard to find a chassis as unflappable as honda's can be. the tsx and rsx which i formerly owned are great daily drivers, offer incredible direct feedback which is the best part and truly fun chassis steering and engine/tranny. shifting a glorious honda 'slick' shifter is great fun and putting the revs up on thier engines is a good time. this has nothing to do with regulations or gas prices. as a daily driver they are actually fun cars.

getting back to the point of this thread. the rwd small caddy, not having a 3-series like Alpha mid-car for Pontiac is still a dumb idea.

Edited by turbo200

Why thank you moltar, that's one of the nicest things you've said to me.

I'm 33, what Generation label do I fall under?? :scratchchin:

A small rear drive Caddy like this (if powered by the same 3.6 DI engine as the CTS but 500 lbs. lighter) would be a contender for my garage space. Price it a few grand less than the current G35 to get them moving off the lots faster.

:P . Why are they blaming us? Nobody listens to us, that's the whole point about being Gen.X. Out parents they listen to, and they were frying their brains on weed and acid en masse, but hey, I guess they're in charge now. Our kids (well, not mine personally) they listen to, because unlike our parents we could give a rat's a— about global overpopulation, and what do you mean they're isn't going to be enough people to keep funding social security? You stupid hippies!

:P . Why are they blaming us? Nobody listens to us, that's the whole point about being Gen.X. Out parents they listen to, and they were frying their brains on weed and acid en masse, but hey, I guess they're in charge now. Our kids (well, not mine personally) they listen to, because unlike our parents we could give a rat's a— about global overpopulation, and what do you mean they're isn't going to be enough people to keep funding social security? You stupid hippies!

And Gen X is small, numerically, compared to the boomers and millenials.. Gen Xers have done a lot of interesting things, look at the successful companies started by Xers (Google, Yahoo, to name a couple).

My own family is unusual...born in '70, I'm an Xer, but my sister (1957) and brother (1949) are boomers, while my folks were of the depression/WWII generation (1920,1930).

Edited by moltar

reg that was seriously one of the dumbest comments i've seen on this board in the past weeks. has anybody actually driven a tsx stick shift? this isn't directed at OC, you've presented a valid reason for not being enticed by these cars. granted they're streamlined and hard-pressed for normalcy, but for dollars it's hard to find a chassis as unflappable as honda's can be. the tsx and rsx which i formerly owned are great daily drivers, offer incredible direct feedback which is the best part and truly fun chassis steering and engine/tranny. shifting a glorious honda 'slick' shifter is great fun and putting the revs up on thier engines is a good time. this has nothing to do with regulations or gas prices. as a daily driver they are actually fun cars.

getting back to the point of this thread. the rwd small caddy, not having a 3-series like Alpha mid-car for Pontiac is still a dumb idea.

Oh I know.....and I'm not knocking them AT ALL.....! I've driven far too many of them to know that they are excellently-engineered vehicles.

I'm just saying.....when I'm writing the check, and the decision gets emotional......I'm drawn more to cars of European design, or an excellent domestic like a CTS, etc.

For example....Civic Si coupe.....or VW GTI 3-door? I like the Si....and know it's gotten great reviews....and most likely it will be more reliable than the German VW. But when it gets down to it, I see myself in the GTI way better....not for any dislike of the Civic in particular....sometimes you can't fully explain it.

Talk about beating a dead horse... the W-platform was DOA! And look how long we have suffered with it, and continue to suffer. Witness GM's market share figures over the past 20 years, if you want to see the effect this proliferation of mediocrity has produced.

Agreed!

PCS should put this in his pipe & smoke it!