Here's the new Buick

wildcat

In other surprsing news, GM announced that the Invicta concept will indeed find it's way to North America as the new Lacrosse, after a few minor adjustments. Officials said it will not be built on the new Epsilon 2 platform, but instead on GMs "Powerhouse-Platform", the trusty W-Body. "It will save us Billions and Consumers will never notice. We stayed very true to the concept." Early Promo shots of the New Lacrosse (most likely to be renamed Regal to appeal to older Folks) appeared also on the web today as well as early information on the power train and colors, which include white, several shades of off-white and gray. Silver might be made available for the 2011 model year. The new Lacrosse will be powered by Buick's dependable 3800 V6, with GMs 3100 as an option.

f_wbodym_33dccaa.jpg

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In other surprsing news, GM announced that the Invicta concept will indeed find it's way to North America as the new Lacrosse, after a few minor adjustments. Officials said it will not be built on the new Epsilon 2 platform, but instead on GMs "Powerhouse-Platform", the trusty W-Body. "It will save us Billions and Consumers will never notice. We stayed very true to the concept." Early Promo shots of the New Lacrosse (most likely to be renamed Regal to appeal to older Folks) appeared also on the web today as well as early information on the power train and colors, which include white, several shades of off-white and gray. Silver might be made available for the 2011 model year. The new Lacrosse will be powered by Buick's dependable 3800 V6, with GMs 3100 as an option.

f_wbodym_33dccaa.jpg

That has a whole Town Car look to me.

Maybe an SC fighter that actually does the job without dropping off the face of the earth for a facelift--God, what are they waiting for (Lexus)?!

But next for Buick, we know, will be the LS-Fighter for Buick-it won't be able to compete, because Buick is not ready to be in that territory, but I mean it'll be larger than the LaCrosse (maybe around 200"), RWD, luxurious. Right now I have trouble calling it the LS fighter because Buick is not going to be ready to slap in a 5.7L V8 that gets almost 400hp, with an 8-speed tranny, an ottoman for the Little People, a self-parking system that Stevie Wonder could do better at... you get my point.

Give me 200-202", RWD, 6A, 3.6L DI base, NG V8, throw in some cool things like heating/massaging/cooling seats, 20-speaker surround sound audio, but just give it a little design inside and out, a little choice with some personal features and colors, remind people the quality has been there flawlessly for a LONG time, and BAM, instant seller.

I better stop now--I'm rambling and I think it's the Vicotini--I have no idea if this is just nonsense banter, or something legit.

AMEN!

The roof like looks surprising close to the concept, IMO. Look at the height of the B-Pillar.

I think there is more difference at the rocker and door shape around the rear wheel well. That rocker has concerned me since the spy shots surfaced. It looks clumsy, especially in comparison to the nice job on both the Invicta and Riviera concepts. Also look at how much difference there is in space between the front door seam and the front wheel opening.

Edited by InvictaMan

Cool, thanks. Mmmmm, that interior does look better in the flesh. The sequential shifter design is nice, almost looks manual. And it looks like the heat and cool seat switches are nicely placed on the console Paolino. The wood is in all the right places and not overdone. I was looking at the CGI of the interior and it looks as if there is a small line of ambient light running above the wood that sweeps the dash. I thought maybe it might be a chrome detail. The photo shows this area, but it is definitely not chrome and if ambient, is not lit. That would be a nice, toned down compromise from the Riviera interior. I thought it was a bit much. A buddy of mine said "how could you drive that car with that much light shining at you," my response was "Park."

I just want to personally thank Buick and their designers. It is obvious that they have been listening to those of us that admire the marque and want to see it rise to greater heights. There is so much in this concept that "is" what we asked for. Keep up the good work and we look forward to seeing what you can come up with next. I hope you realize that our critique here comes purely from love, we are excited and anxious.

I'm sure the ambient lighting that runs above the wood that sweeps the dash is there, just unlit. Note the soft blue glow of ambient lighting that's in the foot wells. Geez, I love this concept. The promising thing is that the Invicta Concept's interior looks very production ready. I don't see alot that wouldn't go into a road going car. Note the ambient blue lighting in the footwells. If they're able to keep the car looking like this (or close to it), I'm going to seriously consider buying it. I'm looking to buy a car in 2010, and I was shooting for the next gen M. If it's out of my price range, I'll have to go down the price ladder a little.

f_wbodym_33dccaa.jpg

I'm sure I'm unintentionally insulting someone here, but that B&W house in the background looks like a set from the 1960s Twighlight Zone. Very appropriate for the subject, lol. Considering that the scale in that photo is for 4 foot tall occupants, Buick has just designed their first UDO.

Edited by InvictaMan

I think it's going be a nice, competitive product for Buick. An ES-competitor sedan and an RX-competitor crossover with the Enclave. What's next?

id like for Buick to make a coupe or hardtop convertible. It would be fairly easy to make a two door/convertible version of this car since they already make one with the Pontiac G6/Saab 9-3.

I think the Invita/LaX/Regal whatever it is called will be a home run if it stays true to the concept much the Enclave did look they are flying off lots.

I just wish we'd see the production LaCrosse and know its specs already! I'm excited about it! :)

Been comparing the mule shots with the Invicta again and I'm starting to get concerned. I'll hot air on the interior this time. The seats in particular. The Invicta apparently will follow in the path of the Enclave when it moves over to production spec. Though the interior photos are limited, you can see from some of the exterior debut shots that the front buckets are nicely designed, with back seat amenities like incorporated folding tray tables and probably the elegant leather portfolios to hold stuff. The mule shot, of the guy reaching in the back door shows that we here in the US are going to be getting the cheaper version; plastic clam shells with fish net stuff holders. Why? Why?

Another possibly good observation, the mule has something black on the sides of the head rests. Could these be speakers, a la the STS's on the seat shoulders? Just went back and looked at the STS on their web site, which btw is nicely designed and promotes their internationality (I guess because they are not afraid to show you that they maintain the same standards of luxury for each market) right up front, and the STS interior is sadly lacking when compared to the Invicta. Oh well, it's a goner anyway.

Edited by InvictaMan

No, they just think you're too cheap.

As in relation to the cheap product they have pandered off to the US over the last couple of decades? Apparently Buick, which don't get me wrong, I have always had a nostalgic affection for, finds it easier to foster a foreign market rather than correct a world of mistakes made in their home market. I think US buyers would give them the respect they deserve if they had only lived up to it in the not so distant past. Their efforts to regain that respect is at least the one thing I am optimistic about. I'm actually proud of the strides they are making, my only disdain is that it took them near extinction in the US to do it. Personally, I feel if I was willing to spend $36,000 for a loaded Pilot in 2003 (Which btw I did not when I purchased it, even though they did not want to negotiate in the first model year. My feelings about Honda have changed for the worse even still, because with this fourth Honda purchase I got a distressing indoctrination into Honda's "we're so great we could care less about our loyal customers" attitude), I would be willing to spend $40,000 or so for a new Enclave. Am I cheap? I would think I am one of Buick's target buyers, a sub-50 person who is looking for a great value in an upscale vehicle. If spending $44,760 five years later for a comparably equipped Enclave is demanded, I think Buick needs to realize that they are not going to be on the top of the resale value list for a while, they have to earn it and sell accordingly. I think they can do it and I look forward to seeing them there; however, they honestly cannot be so demanding so quickly with their very recent track record. In all honesty, I attempted to buy an Enclave and could not get the sales staff at three of my local dealerships to give me a call back when I offered to negotiate. Not to mention that I was dealing with folks who were not geared toward selling near-luxury cars and I knew more about the vehicle than they did. I could get a comparably equipped MDX Techno, with more power and Bluetooth, for $43,000 and be assured that I was making a good investment. Sad thing is, I really wanted to buy the Buick and support a domestic brand. Still driving the Honda. I'm waiting Buick, wanna sell me a car at a value? I need an SUV for business, but I'm thinking that I cannot continue to afford one with gas prices. That is why I am so excited about the Invicta. That, and the personal dream for Buick to do an Enclave on a smaller scale.

Edited by InvictaMan

Paolino I agree I wanna know the specs, they will come in due time... Keep your pants on...

Sorry, with the way antibiotics are treating me, keeping my pants on is not something I can do right now.

Anyhoo, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the super to be the DI 3.6L :D

• 5 weeks later...
Throw a waterfall grill in with that tri-shield and it's called a Park Avenue. Unfortunately Buick thinks we don't deserve such luxury here in the US.

Not quite, the Grange is on the longer wheelbase platform - and that makes all the difference.

Truly elegant - and much more appealing than say, a CTS.

• 2 weeks later...
Here's a quick take on the production Invicta. Enjoy.

ProductionInvictaWeb.jpg

Wouldn't the production version be called LaCrosse?

Edited by Paolino

<_< I hope not.

I'm with you there. LaCrosse is not one of my favorite names. Invicta however...

Change the name to Invicta and you move from marketing a mommy mobile to presenting a vehicle named with a strength that will attract both males and "young" males. The style alone will appeal to women. Let's face it, LaCrosse was simply a transition vehicle to get us from the "W" Regal to this completely new vehicle.

Edited by InvictaMan

I'm with you there. LaCrosse is not one of my favorite names. Invicta however...

Change the name to Invicta and you move from marketing a mommy mobile to presenting a vehicle named with a strength that will attract both males and "young" males. The style alone will appeal to women. Let's face it, LaCrosse was simply a transition vehicle to get us from the "W" Regal to this completely new vehicle.

Ditto. "Invicta" is the perfect name for this car. It presents a stronger visual image for the car. I can't wait to see the final production version in the showrooms. It looks like there will be brighter days ahead for the Buick Division!