Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SuperSport623

Grand Cherokee Chop

19 posts in this topic

I love the new cherokee (especially in SRT form :drool:) but the head lights make it look like a happy puppy, so i thought id do some choppin.....

problem? im an uber noooob at photoshop, so the quality isnt the greatest.... the headlights are supposed to be a continuation of the last gen.....

Original:

RaceMesh%20Jeep%20SRT8%20aa%20crop.jpg

New:

jeepgs0.jpg

I know its a bit smudgey, and one of the grills is messed up ( i only did one side and mirrored it, im lazy :P)

i was always just curious to see what it looks like, but i thought id share.... any thoughts/comments/criticism on technique and design are GREATLY appreciated... im trying to get some choppin under my belt :smilewide:

Good practice. Turned out pretty well. I love the current Cherokee, I think the headlights are perfect. But I see what you're saying, and I think that'd look decent as well.

im not totally thrilled with how they came out, but compared to my miserable past projects, this is helping with making cleaner execution... im decent at some photoshop skills, but car design and mods can be challenging

I like that...the bubbles over the headlights was supposed to visually link the GC w/ the Liberty (which still called the Cherokee outside the US). I like your change, I'll admit being an owner of an '00 Laredo I'm still partial to the previous generation style (esp. the interior, much nicer than the 3rd gen, IMHO).

Nice job man. I still like the current headlights better but you did a good job with the chop! :thumbsup:

I would angle them up a bit to give it a more aggressive look. As is, it looks very boxy.

im gonna try that... i see a bit too much land rover in the look

Um...I like the 2008 update to the Grand Cherokee better than your update, but it would have made the style much more evolutionary like you said...pretty good quality chop

I love it. Much cleaner and tough looking.

thanks guys, i should have an update posted tomorrow.... just a bit more aggressive...

squarelightcherokee2.jpg

Or this?

Definitely this one. It has a slightly mean look rather than the "monobrow" look of the other chops. Looks great, now this I wouldn't mind seeing on the real thing.

Looks too plain. I like the stock double-bubble headlights.

Looks too plain. I like the stock double-bubble headlights.

I do too. I'm just playing around with it.

wow, you got more skill then me!..... like i said, im not a fan of the original headlights, but im not sure exactly what id change, im just trying to build some photoshop skills.... :P

wow, you got more skill then me!..... like i said, im not a fan of the original headlights, but im not sure exactly what id change, im just trying to build some photoshop skills.... :P

Same here.

I'd do the headlights a little more like the pre-2008 Magnum and Ram and integrate them into the corner, not just the face.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0