Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ToniCipriani

Volkswagen Lavida

5 posts in this topic

Volkswagen: Livin' Lavida Loca? :huh:

The side sculpting reminds me somewhat of the new generation Lancer.

It looks like a re-badge of something Korean to me......inside and outside (although some VW Group touches can be found inside like the steering wheel.)

It's like an updated 2004 Camry.

If VW wants to become a mainstream, mass market Toyota killer brand and challenge the Japanese juggernaut for global sales superiority, that's fine. I always thought that their faux luxury aspirations were a little ridiculous and out of step for the former "people's car" brand. What disturbs me about their new mainstream aspirations is that they seem to be abandoning their German styling heritage in order to reach their ambitious sales goals. What they need to do is retain their heritage and identity by bringing German style and engineering to the mainstream market while they diligently work to improve their reputation in quality/reliability. This will propel them to sales dominance much faster than offering German/Asian hybrid designs (Jetta/Bora & Lavida) while continuing to ignore their quality/reliability issues.

I also recently read somewhere that they plan to shorten their bumper to bumper warranty coverage. I don't see how this could instill a sense of confidence in potential buyers (or increase sales) when this company has one of the worst reliability reputations in the auto market.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0