Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
99camaroSS

Another Random Chop

9 posts in this topic

heres another chop i just finished up for the school website.

i kno i kno, please dont blast me for using the grand prix name, i couldnt think of anything else

Posted Image

lemme kno what u think

Not to be mean but... I hope this doesn't make it to production ever. Pontiac doesn't need rebadged or regrilled Chevys. It's just another step towards the axe. Edited by ToniCipriani

Headlights need... something, not sure what. Grille is too low. Bottom breathing Pontiacs look nasty. I like the fog with the air intake piece. I like the greenhouse too, but something is wrong with the placement of the rear wheel and the door cut, not sure how to fix it. Overall, interesting, but not the greatest chop.

What program do you use?

Try smoothing out your chops a bit. See how around the A pillar and the grill its all bumpy and pixleated? And the that has to be the biggest headlight Iv seen on a car. One more thing, it still says GTO on the grill. Kepp working you will get it. http://www.cheersandgears.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/AH-HA_wink.gif Edited by Dr. Sketch

i used to use fireworks but now im using photoshop. and it didnt really look pixleated until i resized it for photobucket. also how do u guys recomend smoothing it out better? im always trying to get my chops to look cleaner but there something im missing and toni... i wouldnt want to see this thing on the roads either lol i just figured that all the other guys in the comp would be doing coupes so i tried to make mine different in some way

It's interesting. I think if everything was proportionate and execution a bit better, it could have potential to look great. Basically, I'd suggest... move the twin port grill up a bit and square it off, shrink the headlights and again square them off, lenghten the hood and move the front wheels forward for a RWD look, rake the windsheild back, shorten the door, enlarge the wheels, move the rear wheels back, and if you would... do something different with taillights. As for smoothing it out... Basically what Dr. Sketch said. Smudge, brush, and blur. Those can be easily overused, btw. So use them, but know when to stop. Also, how do you resize your chops? I've never had that happen to me, yet I notice it happens to alot of people. Kind of strange considering that I have a crappy program: Photo Impression 4. I need to get Photoshop somehow... Anyways, nice try. I love your sig, btw... Something about it has me staring endlessly... :D

wow..... kind and gentle words on a pontiac from BV. thanks for the input i like all of those ideas, ill get to work on them. how do i go about changing the rake of a windshield?

Very carefully... :P Well, I usually use copy, paste, and rotate until I get the basic shape, then brush and smudge it all together. All while being patient and taking my time... (which is the hardest part, btw) :D

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room