Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MRDETROITMETAL

Stingray Daytona SS

52 posts in this topic

The deep side cove in the door thing is wicked played out.

Headlights are too small.

The deep side cove in the door thing is wicked played out.

Once again the same thing on the side of the car, MDM.

Once again your on the losing end of the ideas. It is a Shark !!...does it have to come up & bite you before you get it ?

LOL !!

Serious, as a custom or limited edition car it's awesome....as a production car no. I understand you comments, but your not understanding the pictures yet. You'll get there eventually. it's cool. As Art it is unique, this one to answer your question was commissioned by a Mom of a 8 year old boy because it is his Dream Car. I put over 100 hours into this picture so far having completely brushed the entire body & still a few things I found to do yet. It was sent stage by stage to the client for approvals, so it will be going to print this week & delivered. :pokeowned:

Edited by MRDETROITMETAL

Client? Are those what you call imaginary friends? :huh:

I'm not the biggest fan of the C6, but... that is a complete disaster. Custom cars are supposed to stretch the realms of reality in creating mobile art... That's more cartoonish than art.

Once again your on the losing end of the ideas. It is a Shark !!...does it have to come up & bite you before you get it ?

LOL !!

Serious, as a custom or limited edition car it's awesome....as a production car no. I understand you comments, but your not understanding the pictures yet. You'll get there eventually. it's cool. As Art it is unique, this one to answer your question was commissioned by a Mom of a 8 year old boy because it is his Dream Car. I put over 100 hours into this picture so far having completely brushed the entire body & still a few things I found to do yet. It was sent stage by stage to the client for approvals, so it will be going to print this week & delivered. :pokeowned:

You spent 100 hours on that?

"clients" is a unique name for imaginary friends. :lol:

first thing, for 100 man hours, to make it worth your while, a client would have to pay you, im guessing, a decent amount... and if he even had a reason to pay you for a picture at all, i guarentee this abomination isnt going to put food on your plate for too long...

It's not well done, Photoshop wise. The headlights are tiny and asymmetrical, and after all that work you forgot your door opening (which you would undoubtedly draw on with a 3-pixel paintbrush). If I put 100 hours into something like that it'd have to be AutoBild render quality.

And it's really not up for debate, it's a bad design. This is not subjective. There is such a thing as aesthetics, and this is bad. There is no shark, there is nothing I don't get about it. It's a poor exercise in design.

The Final words on this ...direct from "the client" :

Peter,

You did an amazing job. And I hope my son will keep this photo in his head when he goes to buy his car. I hope to one day email you back this picture side by side with a picture of my son (who is the love of my life) in his car!

Thank you so much. His birthday is coming up so it's perfect timing to have it framed for him :)

Jackie

Money in the bank boys, sorry your wrong again !!!...better luck next time, & keep those comments a'com'in !!!

Remember I make Auto Art, not PS Digital Photography or Technical Illustration, the "hand painted" look results from using no drawing aid tools, it takes longer...true, but is is made by a Human & not a software routine. Learn to draw & paint then you may start to relate to exactly what I am doing. Granted it is a different approach, but you cannot argue the results.

THX for your commentary, I DO appreciate it !

Edited by MRDETROITMETAL

How hard is it to make that up, it's equally possible that even if this was "real" that these people have no taste, certainly not for quality...even if you don't judge it on looks it lacks polish, pure and simple. It's not even clean.? Anyway, since you obviously don't take anyone's advice and never learn, and know we don't like any of this stuff why post it? The reaction will always be the same.

How hard is it to make that up, it's equally possible that even if this was "real" that these people have no taste, certainly not for quality...even if you don't judge it on looks it lacks polish, pure and simple. It's not even clean.? Anyway, since you obviously don't take anyone's advice and never learn, and know we don't like any of this stuff why post it? The reaction will always be the same.

Oh Please !...why is it so hard to for you to understand ? Not everybody likes what you do, and thats cool. I will post anything you want of yours on my site, promote the hell out of it & 9 times out of 10 my work will outsell yours ! Would that be proof enough for you ? DF, I appreciate your work, even if I rib you a bit for your biased comments on my stuff, & I am not attempting to "convert" you to my way of seeing things, so why do you persist in thinking your gonna have any effect on what I do ? C'mon Man...lighten up & accept the FACTS.

Edited by MRDETROITMETAL

Oh Please !...why is it so hard to for you to understand ? Not everybody likes what you do, and thats cool. I will post anything you want of yours on my site, promote the hell out of it & 9 times out of 10 my work will outsell yours ! Would that be proof enough for you ? DF, I appreciate your work, even if I rib you a bit for your biased comments on my stuff, & I am not attempting to "convert" you to my way of seeing things, so why do you persist in thinking your gonna have any effect on what I do ? C'mon Man...lighten up & accept the FACTS.

Simple: why would anyone pay for work that's at least not polished? The lines are blurry and pixelated. Ignoring the issue of taste, the level of finish is not enough to be worth paying for. It is unprofessional: pure and simple.

Also, if you actually took our constructive criticism and made an effort to try it rather than insisting on defending it, we wouldn't be so harsh towards it now. As for what "sell" if I end up working for a design firm for a real car company and one of my designs makes it to production, we'll see what outsells what. :wink:

Edited by Dodgefan

$1,000 for that, and you'd still only be making $10 an hour. Either someone with low standards has way too much money, or something isn't being made clear here.

DF...thats a whole lotta "if I end up's", the difference here is I DO this Now for real, I wish you luck & I may even be able to help you get there as I grew up inside GM Design when I was a kid, and have good friends in the auto design biz now, (many of them actually BUY my work !!!) If your attitude was more open to the Art side of car design, I may be able to help your "if's" become reality !!! Ya just never know WHO your talking to on the web huh ?

PD, yeah your right, I do not charge like that because I know that the time spent comes back to me on multiple sales now when I do "One Off" commissions then yes I get $2000-5000 per canvas, but the general public buyer is not in that same market, most of the sales are under $100, but they add up, as I am sure this picture will as well. many of the pictures sell for years, and make more than I could ever charge at one time. That is a asset to the business, which is what your talking about ...not the "chop" itself.

All of this is way off & beside the point here, my posts here are for FUN. I enjoy the comments & just perhaps a few people here will appreciate what I do, even if they never post anything. it's a BIG World out there dudes & room for everybody.

THX again !

Edited by MRDETROITMETAL

DF...thats a whole lotta "if I end up's", the difference here is I DO this Now for real, I wish you luck & I may even be able to help you get there as I grew up inside GM Design when I was a kid, and have good friends in the auto design biz now, (many of them actually BUY my work !!!) If your attitude was more open to the Art side of car design, I may be able to help your "if's" become reality !!! Ya just never know WHO your talking to on the web huh ?

PD, yeah your right, I do not charge like that because I know that the time spent comes back to me on multiple sales now when I do "One Off" commissions then yes I get $2000-5000 per canvas, but the general public buyer is not in that same market, most of the sales are under $100, but they add up, as I am sure this picture will as well. many of the pictures sell for years, and make more than I could ever charge at one time. That is a asset to the business, which is what your talking about ...not the "chop" itself.

All of this is way off & beside the point here, my posts here are for FUN. I enjoy the comments & just perhaps a few people here will appreciate what I do, even if they never post anything. it's a BIG World out there dudes & room for everybody.

THX again !

If is if I choose to do it, I can go any career path I choose in design because I have the skills to back it up. If I want to do car design I'll try for that, if I want to do animation I'll go that route too, if I want web design I'll do that. The possibilities are limitless. I don't know what I'd like to do yet, hence the if.

I'm plenty open to artistic design, but not shoving a spoiler, side intakes and slamming a car into the ground for every stupid can I can get a picture of. It's not art, it's rice.

Once again, putting aside the issue of taste, almost all of your work lacks the polish needed to be considered professional. I love how you didn't have a comeback for it.

Edited by Dodgefan

Looking back on this, I'll give you some advice that you should really listen to: You chops need to improve...putting aside design for a minute, you need to improve the quality. There's too much pixelation and blurry lines where there should not be, this applies to nearly all of your work. In addition, you need to work on better integrating graphics onto cars, they looked placed on there not part of the car. As far as design goes...you need to spice it up a little. Most of what you post is slammed cars with side vents...you should try something new, since you're the one calling for open minds you should try some different styling approaches...like not using side vents for example.

That's what I've got for advice, take it or leave it...but if you want to improve your work you should take it.

OK , THX....I will address the point of being Professional..... I am, you wannabe. That is Fact.

As for your chop advice, I can take that into play if you can also UNDERSTAND that it is my INTENT to PAINT not "chop" per se. My skills come from Fine Art training & not technical school courses, I did not have the advantages you do today when I had to buy a Amiga Computer for 2500 bucks back in 1981 to create animation or graphics IP images, & even as a guitar player I bought for 800 bucks one of the first ARP synths, only to my dismay after getting it to see it had no plug in for my Strat or SG, so I had to Learn the keyboard, which could only play 2 notes at a time !!!...LMAO now !!

Listen Man, I dig where you at, but thats a 2 way street. What I do nobody else does, that is exactly what I worked to accomplish, you can recognize my work at once (like it or not) because it ALL has a LOOK, by design & experience on my efforts to BE that way. I use different software, I choose different subject matter, I push my skills to where I need to go. That Is Professional.

We straight now ?....K. :banghead::scratchchin:

Edited by MRDETROITMETAL

so... your telling us, a sloppy, unfinished chop that has "hand made quality" makes you $1000? i call BS.....

OK , THX....I will address the point of being Professional..... I am, you wannabe. That is Fact.

As for your chop advice, I can take that into play if you can also UNDERSTAND that it is my INTENT to PAINT not "chop" per se. My skills come from Fine Art training & not technical school courses, I did not have the advantages you do today when I had to buy a Amiga Computer for 2500 bucks back in 1981 to create animation or graphics IP images, & even as a guitar player I bought for 800 bucks one of the first ARP synths, only to my dismay after getting it to see it had no plug in for my Strat or SG, so I had to Learn the keyboard, which could only play 2 notes at a time !!!...LMAO now !!

Listen Man, I dig where you at, but thats a 2 way street. What I do nobody else does, that is exactly what I worked to accomplish, you can recognize my work at once (like it or not) because it ALL has a LOOK, by design & experience on my efforts to BE that way. I use different software, I choose different subject matter, I push my skills to where I need to go. That Is Professional.

Registering a domain name and starting a website doesn't make you a professional.

I'm sure several others here are from art school too (I think YJ is), but you still have the same damn attitude when it comes to comments.

Back to the design, something is just misproportioned there. And I highly doubt those huge side scoops are required for brake cooling, which means they destroy aerodynamics. So I'm with the others... no.

Wannabe? Wannabe what? Known for bad quality work? No thanks.

You don't need special training and a high end computer to do a good job in PhotoShop or design in general. You just need skill and an attention to detail. Stop making excuses. Pixelation is not the sign of a quality "artist" job.

As stated THX for the comments & sorry but I am not buying into your opinions at all, if ya don't get it thats cool,...

I know that people appreciate a buy what I do as a professional Artist, I don't need you all to approve that...LOL. You all seem surprised that anyone could be doing something professionally that you do as a hobby, have real customers, corporate sponsors and all that, but that is ALL beside the point here so why do you have to keep goin off about the facts of reality you have nothing to do with ??? How can you doubt the professional status and justify diss'in 7 different artists on our site any one of who can bury you in anything you have ever done, & the millions of people who visit every month to see what we come up with next, I don't know. Your comments on those areas make no sense to me at all. If you don't like my style thats just your opinion, and as I say your in the minority.

C & C the pix and MOVE OFF !....that would be the professional thing to do instead of continuing to ask stupid questions & make unfounded remarks. I have been as forward as I can be with you all here and polite, but c'mon grow up show some respect for the truth, even if you can't take it. Fact is fact, Now lets go talk about your $h!....lol.

Edited by MRDETROITMETAL

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0