Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Blake Noble

XOver

11 posts in this topic

Hopefully my use of perspective and proportion is improving. This sketch started out, in idea form, as a Chevrolet, but once I began sketching the side sculpting (mostly inspired by the lines of Fender's Stratocaster electric guitar) it began to take on the feel of Alfa Romeo. The taillights seem to say Mazda a little, though. So in the end, I have no idea what to call it. :P

xoversketch.jpg

Let me know if I am improving. I want to further refine this sketch, scan it in Photoshop, and do a rendering and presentation for you guys to critique.

Edited by YellowJacket894

The slope of the rear windshield doesn't seem even on the two sides.

But it's really nice overall. I can never draw that good.

Hmm ... I did not notice that. Thank you for pointing that out, Toni! :)

Much better. You're right, doesn't feel very Chevy, but it's great anyway. Great idea using guitar design as a muse. I've also been into designing guitars. Looks a lot like a Hyundai (I know, I know) crossover I sketched the other day.

Much better. You're right, doesn't feel very Chevy, but it's great anyway. Great idea using guitar design as a muse. I've also been into designing guitars. Looks a lot like a Hyundai (I know, I know) crossover I sketched the other day.

You design guitars ?....check these out then :

as for the drawing, its a Station Wagon....get rid of the slanted lights & replace with 2 round ones & call it a Bel Air !!!

post-1820-1208916093_thumb.jpg

post-1820-1208916107_thumb.jpg

post-1820-1208916202_thumb.jpg

post-1820-1208916216_thumb.jpg

Edited by MRDETROITMETAL

That's got some nice lines...I should take the time and get back into drawing cars...I haven't done that since I was a teenager...loved to do it. Though a lot of what I drew then ('80s) was inspired by the Chevy concept car I saw at Epcot Center and I did a lot of aerodynamic monospaces...Previa and Prius-like shapes...I guess I was ahead of my time.. :)

Thank you everyone for the kind comments and feedback! Keep it coming. :)

On a second look, it makes a great Mazda3 coupe. Throw in the MS3 powertrain and it should sell like hotcakes. :thumbsup:

MDM: What are you showing me? Did you do any of that? And do you mean to show me the paint jobs or the entire guitar design?

On topic: I think the rear could be Mazda, but the sides and front aren't much in line with what Mazda is doing right now. Then again that doesn't necessarily matter, we can always take them in a new direction.

On topic: I think the rear could be Mazda, but the sides and front aren't much in line with what Mazda is doing right now. Then again that doesn't necessarily matter, we can always take them in a new direction.

Hmmm ... :scratchchin:

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0