Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MRDETROITMETAL

Buick Invicta Revealed for Yellowjacket's challenge !

14 posts in this topic

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i317/cyc...tarendering.jpg

YJ was jokin around over my comment to "turn up the brightness" on the monitor & so he posted the Buick Invicta Image ^, not wanting to mess up DF's thread I post this answer to his "challenge"....

Dude, I turned up the brightness & look what I found !!!....check it out :

buickinvictarevealed1ga6.jpg

Hi Rez Version in the attachment >>>

post-1820-1209017144_thumb.jpg

Edited by MRDETROITMETAL

LOL...thats not the point, it was a good excuse to make this picture, which I had been intending to do for awhile anyway, you just gave me a reason to do it now...THX Bro !

It's one of your more cleaner chops, the design sucks....but it's sort of understated by your standards, so it's kinda decent. :lol:

It's one of your more cleaner chops, the design sucks....but it's sort of understated by your standards, so it's kinda decent. :lol:

LOL now Thats a backhanded compliment if I ever heard one !!!

THX Man. :pbjtime:

No it's still an insult, I was merely saying the chop itself was somewhat clean, hence "decent"...the design sucks,which at the end of the day is the main point in chopping, to express your sense of style and design as well as your artistic abilities...which in your case are severely lacking. :smilewide:

No it's still an insult, I was merely saying the chop itself was somewhat clean, hence "decent"...the design sucks,which at the end of the day is the main point in chopping, to express your sense of style and design as well as your artistic abilities...which in your case are severely lacking. :smilewide:

Man you are really off the mark. and make no sense !!! It does express MY sense of STYLE & DESIGN & as you stated the abilities are "decent".

You guys are working too hard to dis me for doing what you can't. End of story. It's really immature of you all to keep bashing away at me over EVERY chop post, when you know it makes No Difference to me, whats the point of it ? To prove you can't follow your own line of thought to any reasonable result, because that all I see from this entire line of posts here. I am being respectful & you guys are just hammering away at every aspect you can imagine that will dis at me.....that nuts !

Grow Up.

LMAO

Edited by MRDETROITMETAL

Look the decent comment was in reference to the CHOPPING results, not the design itself...plain and simple.

wrong wheels for the design - period. Buicks have broader and rounder fronts...the back lights would be cooler going UP the top of the fender as they did in '49 or maybe even up the C-pillar area instead of elongated down the sides. If going for Buick cues, and you want side lights, look to the '48's for inspiration. Those lights were really cool and inset into the fender sides, but tiny.

Since you used the style line, or check mark on the body side, how about carrying that line up to the window sill in the door to break up that continuos line from hood to trunk. If you want to really stretch the car out, how about adding the split rear window from the '57 Buicks as well...and bring the roof down with it like they did in 57-58...really lengthens the car.

How about winglets a la the 59 and 60 Buicks that carried the Invicta name in the first place - not so dramatic as the late 50's, but that styling had legs and would work well with your tail lights!

And you are right, I cannot do what you do - good or bad.

Edited by toesuf94

Eh, I don't really like it... It just doesn't scream "BUICK!" to me. The only thing you've added to the teaser to really make me think "Buick" was the taillight. It is a clean chop tho

I did this before I saw the actual revealed concept, and on another site one of the guys there did another version too...So I am going to redo another version soon. I like the ideas Toesuf 94 has posted...I give it a shot see what that looks like.

THX for the comments, I appreciate the consideration.

Please turn down the brightness. :AH-HA_wink:

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0