Intrepidation

Which Color?

Color   21 members have voted

1. 1. Which Color should it be?

• Red
    • Blue
    • Black
    • Other (please specify)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

36 posts in this topic

So the metallic shader I wanted to use for my car sucks..it shows all kinds of weird shadows for some reason and with only a few weeks left I don't have the time to mess with it...so I'm going to use my old shader which works a lot better. The question is...what color should it be? It was originally read but as my girlfriend pointed out, the tail lights get lost in the red. So I tried blue and black. What do you guys think? Red, Blue, Black or another color? Thoughts are welcome! Enjoy the imagery too. :P

red.png

blue_.png

black.png

Edited by Dodgefan

Ignore the shading for the brakes and wheels...they aren't final but I haven't finished the new shaders for them yet.

I like the original red fairly well, but like the saying goes, once you go black you never go back. :smilewide: :AH-HA_wink:

The Blue color works quite well, it also allows you to see the elements of the design better than the other 2 colors. Black is not very professional at all as it is very hard to read, Red is fine once the design is known to the eye, but BLUE is the best to understand a new design as the eye is attracted to blue, as it is a more direct wavelength.

Is that the final front end design >???? If so, It looks way too short & thin to be convincing IMO.

Edited by MRDETROITMETAL

They're all so... shiny... =D

I'd rock the blue.

Voted blue, although black would be more of a challenge.

The Blue color works quite well, it also allows you to see the elements of the design better than the other 2 colors. Black is not very professional at all as it is very hard to read, Red is fine once the design is known to the eye, but BLUE is the best to understand a new design as the eye is attracted to blue, as it is a more direct wavelength.

Is that the final front end design >???? If so, It looks way too short & thin to be convincing IMO.

I agree with everything MDM says here actually. He's right. Go figure.

I'm liking blue as well, but not that shade...I was thinking a deeper blue... like this:

darkblue2.png

Thoughts?

Edited by Dodgefan

Deep Blue or Black. Dark Colors Suit It.

Agreed, and suit the way I want to render it...I'm thinking the deep blue....but if anyone else wants colors feel free...I'm taking requests. :P

Likes the deep blue...my silver suggestion lost something. The orange one is cool too, but the suggestion that dark colors suit it is correct.

Blue it is! Thanks guys for all your input! ^_^

Edited by Dodgefan

Well none of the images are showing up for me, but I voted black...the teaser alone makes the car look mean...so I say BLACK FTW!!!

Edit: I missed your above post saying blue it is, I'm kinda saddened by this...but it is your car...lol.

Edited by Delta Force79

Well none of the images are showing up for me, but I voted black...the teaser alone makes the car look mean...so I say BLACK FTW!!!

Edit: I missed your above post saying blue it is, I'm kinda saddened by this...but it is your car...lol.

Don't feel sad, I already told BV I'll make a set of renders in purple, I can do black too. :smilewide:

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0