Chevrolet Monte Carlo pics in Oshawa

Polish_Kris

Not a hideous car, but boy does it ever look OLD! I have a feeling that very few people will even notice the difference between a '00-05 and this '06, especially since things like the rear have virtually no changes--and the interior, for whatever odd reason, stayed 95% old and 5% new (the new only being the center stack electronics). A very weird "redesign", that's for sure.

The taillights, rear fascia, and badging are different for '06. I like it, actually.

The lamps no longer use a clear lens, they have a red lens. The bumper is smooth, has fewer contours, and of course the badging is of a different font.

If it has to have a spoiler, I prefer the flat style that's now standard on base cars, as opposed to the incongruous stand-up NASCAR style one.

The new front end looks racy to me, and it is subtly (sp?) different than the Impala.
Edited by ocnblu

This car is a disaster! Base models with those silly spoilers and plastic wheel covers! From the a-pillar forward it looks just like an Impala. The sides of the car look stupid with no door moldings. The interior is mostly a carry over save the center stack with way too much hard plastic. WHere is the Knights badge? This car with all of it's cost cutting measures is hardly going to even register a blip on the scale. Most dealers didn't even seem to care that this car wasn't out yet and most attention was on the Impala and HHR. This car gets a solid D- on it's redesign and is a disgrace to the Monte Carlo name. The only one improvement I liked is the new engines.

• 2 weeks later...
I actually like it a little better than the 2000-2005 one. I wish they had used wood instead of silver dressups for the interior though. I think the reason the interior didnt get the major overdo that the Impala did was because it didnt get the same criticism for its design that the Impala did. We wont get started on the RWD thing.

• 2 weeks later...
This new Monte Carlo is pretty lame -- It looks huge from the doors, back to the tail -- They should just make an Impala coupe, change the front and rear clips a bit, put Knight badges all over it, and call it the new Monte... Such a great car name and heritage, such a crummy looking car... By the way: for what it's worth, the best Monte Carlo model year was 1972 - it was the last year of the original model, with some trim enhancements. My dad had a pale yellow one with a light beige vinyl top and beige ribbed cloth interior - sounds like a terrible color combination, but it was a stunningly beautiful car. I loved the dash, even with the fake wood; it was similar to the Malibu dash, and looked great, like all Chevy IP's used to. This latest model has "rental car" written all over it, and is in no way a car that is up to the Monte Carlo name and heritage.

Ah its alright I guess. Im a NASCAR fan but I dont really love the Monte. The only thing I really like on them is the ass end and how they run I really don't care for anything else.

Oh, it's no big deal, I'm sure there were some GM/Pontiac fans that thought the Aztec was great looking too- haha.

This latest model ... is in no way a car that is up to the Monte Carlo name and heritage.

It's nice to see others agreeing with me ;).

BTW, I know of that '72 color scheme ... I know a couple people with a similar scheme right now!

And, HE, I see there is a mid-90s Ford Thunderbird in that pic...he he heh.

Cort, "Mr MC" / "Mr Road Trip", 32swm/pig valve/pacemaker
MC:family.IL.guide.future = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/
Models.HO = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/trainroom.html
"It's coming down to nothing more than apathy" ... The Fray ... 'Over My Head'

Monte Carlo = beauuuutiful

Posted Image

[post="50655"][/post]

Harley:
From that angle, the car does look pretty good, especially with the silver/grey ground effects..

I just don't like this car from the doors back to the tail; too heavy, clunky looking, where the new Impala looks really sharp from the doors rearward. It would not take a whole lot of re-design to make the Monte a really sharp-looking coupe again, but Chevy just has to do it...