OH MY FUCKING GOD!!!!!!!

Holy ****!

Why so much?

Because the People's Republic of ASSachusetts is the only state in the entire country where the government sets the insurance rates. There is NO COMPETITION on rates in ASSachusetts and car insurance can be had through one of two state-approved carriers. Next time you're watching TV and see a commercial for an insurance company like Geico or State Farm, take note of the restrictions displayed at the bottom of the screen: Massachusetts residents need not apply.

ALSO

ASSachusetts bases their state-determined insurance rates on the number of accidents that occur within a city's borders and rank them on a number scale from 1 to 15; 1 being the best and 15 being the worst. So regardless of what type of driver a person may actually be, the town they live in has as much to do with the amount they pay as their driving record. Me and DF live in $h! towns (Lowell and Lawrence, respectively) filled with $h!bag illegal immigrants that drive around with no licenses and no insurance and cause all sorts of accidents, so both of our cities are ranked as #15 cities. So while we pay exorbitant rates, all of the surrounding towns that legislate the bad people into our cities by shooting down plans for low-income housing at town meetings are ranked around 2 to 4 and pay literally about half as much, sometimes even less.

Sounds very fair, doesn't it?

We're also the only state in the country that requires State Police details at every single construction site in the state at a cost of $40 per hour overtime pay as stipulated in their contract. That's why there were over a hundred State Police officers that made more than the governor's $140,000 salary last year with a base salary of only $49,000 to $61,000 (based on rank and seniority). And you know what? These figures don't even include the overtime pay they are also eligible for at Turnpike Authority details and Port Authority details. That's triple dipping! Supposedly the reason for these State Police details is because the protection they offer at sites could never be matched by using a flagman like the other 49 states in the country do. Interesting to note that a study done by Suffolk University found that at these construction details monitored by State Police, when accident data was compared with accident data from details in every other state in the country that were watched by the lowly $12 an hour flagmen, ASSachusetts ranked the HIGHEST IN THE COUNTRY in property damage and second highest in bodily injury. So at least the extra policing we taxpayers are forced to pay for is helping to keep insurance rates down.

And people wonder why it's the only state in the country with a declining population!

So you answer me this: Why WOULDN'T it be so high if every f@#king thing this state does ends up being the most expensive disaster somebody could ever conjur up?

Edited by XP715

a f@#king men! i just cant wait until he get out of school and then we will! :booyah::cheers:

Good for you guys. Same here. Me and the girl are off to southern New Hampshire before the ink dries on my diploma. f@#k this godawful state!

Good for you guys. Same here. Me and the girl are off to southern New Hampshire before the ink dries on my diploma. f@#k this godawful state!

If we stay around here New Hampshire is mighty temping taht's for sure. I'm sick of ASSachusets and even more sick of the $h!hole that is Lawrence.

i pay 3K a year for basic liability for a 31 year old car... thats including the 300 dollar drivers ed discount....

after my little incident with the pole in the rain, my fender is f**ked.... the dent is only a few inches, but its on the top body line so its gotta be replaced....

im trying to look for the positive in this, so since the paint is HORRIBLE anyway, im thinking new fender and maybbe a cowl hood for good measure, sand the car down to bare metal and get rid of the bondo, and get the car as straight as possible.... the whole car in flat black primer might look badass until i get the car painted :scratchchin:

god i wish i had full insurance!

I woulda beaten the $h! outa that dude if I had caught him.

I pass along my sympathies for your rides.

I can also relate.

In the late nineties, our then family car, a 1987 Dodge Daytona Pacifica (Turbo!) was parked on the street one evening outside my grandmothers building. There happens to be a tavern on the opposite side of the street.

Around midnight, a loud screech of tires, and a thud was heard. I ran to the window to see a drunk driver speed of in a Caprice. Then, looking down, I noticed that the thud we had heard was him slamming into the side of the Daytona, ripping the drivers side door of its hinges. :banghead::censored:

What followed was a mass exodus of the taverns patrons. By the time we got downstairs the place was empty of any witnesses. The police that came to investigate said "tough luck", and we were left to pay for the door. <_<

Ended up getting a junkyard door from a regular Daytona, and it never quite fit well, always sagging a bit.

Full coverage here in Ohio for two vehicles is a little over $100 a month, I think about $104. That includes towing, rental, no cost glass replacement, half a million in bodily injury coverage, etc.

Methinks its time to get the f@#k out of ASSachusetts.

Chris

Oh, and Dodgefan, Jessi, we are sorry this happend to you. We have a motorcycle gang lined up to burn Lawrence to the ground as soon as you leave...

Not really but the thought is nice.

Chris

Oh, and Dodgefan, Jessi, we are sorry this happend to you. We have a motorcycle gang lined up to burn Lawrence to the ground as soon as you leave...

Not really but the thought is nice.

Chris

It is a nice thought.

Edited by Dodgefan

And that is liability I assume, BV?

Liability is a joke. It might make some sense to use such coverage on a beaten-up and worn-out work truck, but not for a vehicle that spends most of its life on the highway and in populated areas.

Edited by YellowJacket894

And that is liability I assume, BV?

Liability is a joke. It might make some sense to use such coverage on a beaten-up and worn-out work truck, but not for a vehicle that spends most of its life on the highway and in populated areas.

It may be a joke but when you barely make enough to pay the insane price for liability what choice is there?

It may be a joke but when you barely make enough to pay the insane price for liability what choice is there?

There isn't one. That is the very reason why I have to put up with it.

What I am trying to say is that, given the absurd price liability costs, you should get marginally better coverage over what it offers, at best.

well there is a small update... the car was in fact stolen! dumbasses! there still have not found the guy yet. we have to go to our car insurance and see what we need to do from there.. i really hope they find this asshole! i do know one thing... once Andrew gets a real job and we get our feet on the ground and a solid source of income, we will most certainly be upgrading our insurance to FULL COVERAGE DAMNIT! we just have such bad luck I think it is in our and our cars best interest to have full coverage.

Edited by jessi_chan

Jessi, with so few people really falling in love these days I am very inspired by how much you and Dodgefan seem to love each other. My wife and I have been together for 23 years, and believe me, this car thing is just the beginning. You'll have kids that get hurt on bikes and kids that get sick and perhaps a daughter who breaks up a week before the prom and a million and a half other things happen to the two of you.

It is just so WAY cool to see the two of you IN LOVE and working together...I ahve HIGH hopes that things will work out well for you two.

Oh, and yes, the Harly Davidsons are warming up here in Ohio, and those Bikers are getting ready to burn Lawrenceville to the ground!

Seriously, good luck!

Chris

Jessi, with so few people really falling in love these days I am very inspired by how much you and Dodgefan seem to love each other. My wife and I have been together for 23 years, and believe me, this car thing is just the beginning. You'll have kids that get hurt on bikes and kids that get sick and perhaps a daughter who breaks up a week before the prom and a million and a half other things happen to the two of you.

It is just so WAY cool to see the two of you IN LOVE and working together...I ahve HIGH hopes that things will work out well for you two.

Oh, and yes, the Harly Davidsons are warming up here in Ohio, and those Bikers are getting ready to burn Lawrenceville to the ground!

Seriously, good luck!

Chris

Aww thank you so much! Andrew and I do really love each other. And can you believe that we were so lucky to have found each other online! very crazy and LUCKY if you ask me. Thanks, now I just can't wait for marriage! :blink: No just kidding I really can't wait to start the rest of my life with Andrew. I can't wait to see what the future has in store for us.

Oh and we will be looking for those Harley's!

That's it in a nutshell.... XP said it all.

Seriously, good luck!

Chris

Thanks Chris, yes despite the run of rather bad luck this past year or so has brought us, at the end of the day knowing we have each other is all that really matters. I consider myself to be teh luckiest guy in the world to have Jessica. :)

Tired of Assachusetts? Come to Ontario.

C'mon, I only pay $4200/year for a Cobalt! What a steal (down from $5700/year).

There are always worse cases than yours. :AH-HA_wink:

Naturally, but the fact that BOTH cars were damaged doesn't really make either one of us feel better. Of course it could be worse, the axles could be shoved into the wheel well.

Naturally, but the fact that BOTH cars were damaged doesn't really make either one of us feel better. Of course it could be worse, the axles could be shoved into the wheel well.

I was referring to the insurance payments, not your accident. However, I bet you could fix both your cars for what it costs me for a year's insurance.

Seriously, good luck!

Chris

Agreed. I hope things start going your way guys.... :yes:

Sorry that you've run into [no pun intended] so many problems. I hope you sort things out quickly and get the reparations you deserve. Then, once you finish school, you can move up to the to the 603 and leave Lawrence and Assachusetts behind.