Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Diehard GrandPrix Fan

Pontiac Vertigo

11 posts in this topic

My what big lips it has. You should try working on your friend ends as most of your sketches seem to suffer from the droopy/saggy effect.

I've done a couple of re-works, but I haven't scanned them yet. I will post them here when I go home from work.

One of them came out too boring and resembles a little of the G8 on the front(which I hate), or rather, looks a bit like a current Hyundai Sante Fe, which is downright ugly, while the second looks way too derivative even though I tried to make it original. Oh well....

Edited by Diehard GrandPrix Fan

Here are the 2 re-worked version I have posted about earlier. As you can see, they are nothing exciting nor any better, but I tried to reduce the size of the nose. Though the first one looks too much like a G8, or in some angle, looks identical to the current Hyundai Santa Fe, which is downright ugly, and the second one looks to be 'been there, done that' look that is highly derivative. I will try to study some stuffs of the link I have given on that other thread and possibly post new ones later.

Draw_Pontiac_Vertigo1.jpg

wow! i like every thing in that picture, except for the grills.... the c pillar and headlights really grab my attention

OK, another re-work of that. I have moved up the grille and lined them up with the headlights, increased the size of the grille, reduced the size of that huge fog lights, gave it a bit different door handle, and modified the turn signals. Doesn't look too much different, nor very exciting, but I hope this is better. I admit, this still have problems, but enjoy.

Draw_Pontiac_Vertigo3.jpg

Edited by Diehard GrandPrix Fan

You know you should seriously draw something different. I'm not saying that to be mean; I'm saying it because you need to. The problem is that if you keep drawing in Pontiac's design language from ten years ago, the you won't be able to move beyond that. Go draw a Studebaker, an Alfa Romeo, or a Ford. I'm not trying to distract you from your precious Pontiacs, but once you try out many different things you'll be able to draw what you like better. Also, get photographs and magazine ads and try to copy what you see. You can start to understand shapes better by just drawing from pictures of real cars. One cool thing you can do is get a model of a car and try drawing it from different angles. I actually get HotWheels from time to time just so I can try to get their shapes down on paper. You obviously draw a lot, and I feel that if you try something different then you could considerably improve your skills in a short amount of time.

Those reworks are some of your best stuff yet. Keep it up, they look infinitely more modern than your earlier designs.

You know you should seriously draw something different. I'm not saying that to be mean; I'm saying it because you need to. The problem is that if you keep drawing in Pontiac's design language from ten years ago, the you won't be able to move beyond that. Go draw a Studebaker, an Alfa Romeo, or a Ford. I'm not trying to distract you from your precious Pontiacs, but once you try out many different things you'll be able to draw what you like better. Also, get photographs and magazine ads and try to copy what you see. You can start to understand shapes better by just drawing from pictures of real cars. One cool thing you can do is get a model of a car and try drawing it from different angles. I actually get HotWheels from time to time just so I can try to get their shapes down on paper. You obviously draw a lot, and I feel that if you try something different then you could considerably improve your skills in a short amount of time.

Agreed. Branch out a little more, Diehard. Don't just focus yourself on Pontiac. One key to being a good designer is that you must keep your mind open to all brands of cars, even those you dislike. :AH-HA_wink:

That said, your last effort is showing that you are gaining some good ground. I am seeing improvement.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0