Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Diehard GrandPrix Fan

Pontiac Dominator

9 posts in this topic

Yet another one of my try. This one has serious proportion error, though I tried to be original, but I don't like the outcome, but I hope you like it.

Draw_Pontiac_Dominator1.jpg

Thanx for the compliment, can you tell me what I should change in order to make it not look so crooked and out of proportion? I am still fighting with the proportion and this one came out the worst in terms of proportions.

Draw your wheels first, and make sure they are all flat on the ground, and/or draw the bottom line of the body first and make sure it's straight.

Diehard, I want you to read this tutorial and try doing a few sketches/exercises while you read it and after you have read it. This is a very good tutorial that will help you learn perspective well, in my opinion.

http://archive.cardesignnews.com/studio/tu...etch/index.html

As for your sketch, yes it is not in correct proportions, but I see you are really trying to do better. It's actually a quite clean design, though, and I don't totally disapprove of it.

Edited by YellowJacket894

Thank you for the link. Great deal of information there. I have bookmarked it, and will be checking there from time to time.

Thanx.

Re-work I did. I tried to follow what the link said, but it didn't quite work, so I tried it again. I tried to draw the wheels first, but the end product came out funny, so I pretty much have given that up for now. For this one, I tried to focus on getting the proportion right, not sure if it worked but. I kinda BURROWED the design cue for the rear quarter and the tail-lights from Pagani Zonda and burrowed current Solstice's bumper design a bit, and it came out as derivative as it can be. So much for an original design..... :banghead:

Draw_Pontiac_Dominator2.jpg

Even better!

It kinda lost that mean look to it... maybe if you moved the grille up to level with the headlights and did a lower fascia treatment... :thumbsup:

Edited by vonVeezelsnider

Re-work. Well, actually, this was originally intended as a Firebird, but it just didn't come out aggressive enough, nor sporty enough to be called a Firebird, so I named it as Dominator instead to just add to this thread.

Draw_Pontiac_Dominator3.jpg

As usual, perspective has serious problems, though I tried to implement all the tips I got from that link.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0