Use your tu lips, tell us please

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That bad?

having seen what they're all about, giving it a good once over, and having to contend with them on the roads for the past couple years I can say really and truly that they are an abomination and a hypemobile

Two gray G8's...one locally in PA, and one rolling down the highway in DE. Look GREAT, by the way.

And, as before...several Jag XF's. Or maybe it's the same couple, but I saw more than one everyday this week.

I think I got overflown buy some magazine's comparison test drive. on the highway yesterday I was passed by 4 aveos <2 sedans/2 hatchs>, 2 Versas (1 sedan/1 hatch), 1 Fit, and 1 Yaris.

All brand new and traveling in a pack. It was odd.. here I am floating down the highway in the center lane in the roadmaster doing the speed limit and all these little cars start zipping around me on either side. Somewhat surreal.

I think I got overflown buy some magazine's comparison test drive. on the highway yesterday I was passed by 4 aveos <2 sedans/2 hatchs>, 2 Versas (1 sedan/1 hatch), 1 Fit, and 1 Yaris.

All brand new and traveling in a pack. It was odd.. here I am floating down the highway in the center lane in the roadmaster doing the speed limit and all these little cars start zipping around me on either side. Somewhat surreal.

its a mob of leprechans out to destory the roadmaster

Another white BMW 135i. Probably my next car.

I saw a new Vibe the other day, but not a single G8 yet. The Vibe looks OK, nothing spectacular.

1979 Malibu coupe, in a color close to the famous Marina Blue, with white Yenko graphics, fat Rally wheels, and a healthy-sounding smallblock.

And a maroon Smart Cabrio. Dude looked petrified driving it, I think there was like a Silverado behind him. A comical, yet compelling sight.

"Here is what I saw on the street not to long ago." - Hey Borger, did you tell those guys to unload some of that stuff so your hooves could touch the ground? :o :AH-HA_wink: :smilewide:

Edited by ocnblu

Gray Pontiac G8 GT in Laurel... but not on a dealer lot, and not with dealer tags. Actually OWNED by someone. :thumbsup:

'01 Pontiac Bonneville SLE... the one that I sorely want to buy... and it's still there. :yes: Anyone feeling generous wanna get it for me for my birthday on Tuesday? :smilewide:

Edited by Lamar

(Edit: I put this in April by mistake....)

Yesterday, the bf and I were driving along Sunset Boulevard in Beverly Hills/Bel Air, and I saw one of the new Equinox Hydrogen Fuel Cell vehicles!!!!!

I was so excited I almost drove off the road.....LOL. The bf was wondering what all the "fuss" was about.

I know how rare these are......so I was excited to see it. Then, I had to explain it all to him <ugh>......he's into cars, but not as in-depth as many of us on here.....

Rebadged European Honda Accord, at the Acura dealership. Does anyone know why it would have been there?:huh: :AH-HA_wink:

Yes...er, TSX :AH-HA_wink:

Another on "my list" of interest, for soon times. Like everything, it grew a bit piggy (slightly) over the last iteration, but at least not US Accord like.

When I attended a car show Laurel County yesterday, I happened upon a 1969 Chevrolet Camaro SS in silver. What a beautiful car. There was also a 1970 Chevelle SS396 there as well, and for sale, costing a healthy thirty-thousand dollars. Needless to say, I was in heaven.

I'm up in Toronto for a few days, my first time above the border. What a curious place. There's a distinct lack of big pickups and full-size SUVs. Minivans overrun this place. It seems so...civilized. Some of my observed vehicles: my first Astra on the street, and it was crashed into a Mercedes C-Series. A dark gray Ferrari 430. A few Nissan X-Trails, and plenty of Buick Allures. A few smartcars and a Mercedes A-Series. The Toyota Sienna and Honda Civic/Acura EL seem to be the most popular vehicles around.

Yesterday I saw a Volvo C30 T5, news of this car completely escaped me (I confess to ignoring Volvo news items). Very different looking with a definite Shooting Brake style - reminded me of the old P1800s.

Out of pure curiosity: did you like it despite 'ignoring Volvo news items'?

White/silver Smart with a ground effects kit, twin exhaust stacks, Yosemite Sam mudflaps, curb feelers, Boss Hog Longhorns, a soccer ball antenna topper, tack-on portholes, and louvered, chrome fender skirts.

j/k

Out of pure curiosity: did you like it despite 'ignoring Volvo news items'?

I just found and read this thread and the story it links to.

http://www.cheersandgears.com/forums/index...showtopic=22045

There is quite a bit to like about this particular Volvo. For me, most of that centers around the approach they took in creating and marketing it. I love the individualist styling and, especially, the "custom order" option. I have always wanted to see that degree of choice return to the experience of ordering your own car.

Apply that thinking to Holdens/HSVs destined to come here, and I'll be in heaven!

On a dealership expedition today:

Three 2009 Acura TSX, one black, one white, one blue. The grille IMO is the best part of the nose of the car, but that's not saying much about the front in particular. It's... off, somehow.

A LOT of Jaguar XFs, one supercharged. I didn't get a chance to sit in one, however.

Two current-gen BMW M5s, one black, one white. I almost hit someone while looking at the black one. :P

This morning on US-1 in Beltsville, I saw a white current-generation Jetta, only it was a wagon. It was wearing what looked like a body kit from a Mk.V GTI and Michigan manufacturer's plates.

Others:

-red Ferrari 456 GTA

-silver 996-based 911

-silver Alfa Romeo Spider 2000

-dark grey Triumph Spitfire 1500

-black Lexus GS400 with Michigan manufacturer plates

-tired old burgundy Olds Acheiva with Ontario handicapped plates

and, a grey new Tundra extended cab, 5.7L V8 and what not, with a little green Enterprise "e" sticker on the bottom left corner of the tailgate

This morning on US-1 in Beltsville, I saw a white current-generation Jetta, only it was a wagon. It was wearing what looked like a body kit from a Mk.V GTI and Michigan manufacturer's plates.

Probably a Sportwagon out for a test before they're released into the wild.

Jet Black (not that miserable metallic black) 1-series hardtop with a thin red pinstripe at that sexy shoulder line. GM is missing such an opportunity, not bringing a tidy 4-seater RWD coupe to the lineup at Pontiac... especially now with Subaru/Toyota, Hyundai and Nissan all coming out with cars like this in the next few years. Yes, Camaro VI will be on Alpha, but a Pontiac could be more elegant, romantic and upscale... a poor man's 1-series. Edited by ocnblu

Jet Black (not that miserable metallic black) 1-series hardtop with a thin red pinstripe at that sexy shoulder line. GM is missing such an opportunity, not bringing a tidy 4-seater RWD coupe to the lineup at Pontiac... especially now with Subaru/Toyota, Hyundai and Nissan all coming out with cars like this in the next few years. Yes, Camaro VI will be on Alpha, but a Pontiac could be more elegant, romantic and upscale... a poor man's 1-series.

QFT!

Went to play softball in Scottsdale w/ the company team tonight...sitting in the lot at the field was a gorgeous maroon '68 Camaro RS convertible, top down, parked next to a late model SL 65 AMG, top down also. Later, at the pub, I saw a black '69 GTO in the lot. Sweet.

1969 Chevelle SS black with white stripes, I could hear it a mile away. It was a sweet car. I think it had a 427 or a 396, it certainly wasn't no 350. Later saw a 1996 Cherry Impala SS (sweet and sounded healthy gave the guys a thumbs as I was in my Impala), then saw a 2008 Dodge Charger R/T in Purple crusing in my neighbor-hood it was a good car night. Then saw like 5 new Silverado's in a row which made me happy. On Wednesday I saw a new 2008 Accord EX Coupe and Sedan the coupe is by far better looking. Also saw a TSX (not a new one like an 06 or 07 prolly) and realized what a great looking car Honda/Acura ruined.

Edited by gm4life