Use your tu lips, tell us please

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My first G8 (on the road). It was a GT in Panther Black...with what looked uncomfortably like a barcode in the rear window :cry:. Not to worry, though: the local BPG dealer has received a new shipment to supplement their lone Magnetic Grey V6...there's orange, red, white, blue, and silver examples on the lot.

Also, I saw these on Saturday:

084az8.jpg

089mf2.jpg

090ov5.jpg

My favorite is the last one...the last time that parking lot looked like that was probably over 40 years ago.

OK, I have a really good sighting!

So Im walking down the street near my home, and this crazy tiny white Japanese microcar drives by, and into the underground parking in the next building. Im like...WTF was that!???

A few days later, I see it again.

So...did some digging online. Its a Nissan S-Cargo!

According to WIKI, one of 12,000 made between 1989-1992!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_S-Cargo

And heres the cool part. Its for sale (if its the same one I saw, probably is) $15,000

http://toronto.en.craigslist.ca/tor/car/693333147.html

011512010206010304200805245e2438ec231b35

Too cool!

Definately got my attention.

I'm back in Colorado for the holiday weekend. I saw my first ever G8 yesterday in traffic--red, looked very sharp. The driver looked old enough to have a bought one of a GTO new back in '64. Saw it twice, the guy must live in my 'hood.

On Saturday, I had a very strange experience at an intersection down the street from home--felt like being in a TV commercial---call it 'It's a Toyota World'. I'm sitting a light at the intersection of two 4 lane streets---I'm in a 4Runner rental (more on that later), beside me is a goregous '82-83 Supra in black (one of the few Toyota designs I've ever liked), to my left is a Yaris and Avalon; across the intersection, a Camry and a Corolla; to my right, an FJ Cruiser turning at the light with a Highlander and Prius waiting at the light. UNREAL. I've never seen synchronicity like that before.

I later took a 5-min loop around my neighborhood on some of the major residential (and one commerical/residential) streets, and played 'count the Toyota'---counted 35 Toyotas, 5 Scions, and 15 Lexuses.

Back to the rental car...I rented an SUV for my visit back home, and drove a white 4Runner SR5. This was the first Toyota I'd ever driven, have ridden in many Camrys and Corollas and driven a couple of Lexuses, never driven a Toyota though. I liked the 4Runner...very smooth, comfortable.. I liked most of the details overall--nice size and plenty of space inside (and no 3rd row in the way), I like the power rear window, key on the dash, and controls (the stalk controls worked similar to my Jeep). As far as negatives, there were strange plugs on the console and dash for missing options--looked cheap, the console trim felt hard and cheap, only had a fuel and temp gauge, no voltage or oil pressure gauges, only 1 12V power outlet--and it didn't work, and the manual seat controls were wierd (maybe I'm too used to power seats, but when I came in late Friday night I couldn't figure out how to lower the seat (some wierd rachet level thingy). Someone short had it before me I ended up w/ my head into the sunroof opening. Overall, a very nice traditional style SUV...

Paid $4.13/gallon for gas today...fun, fun.

Edited by moltar

While waiting at the airport, I took a cruise through the rental car return lot, all the biggies were represented. Avis, Alamo, Budget, Thrifty, Enterprise, some other I dont remember. What I noticed:

A metric f@#k-ton of Chargers, mostly white, there was one red one. All the companies had at least one out there.

Nissan is apparently the new rental darling, there were plenty of Altimas, and a Maxima that was left in its spot with the windows down. *Edit: one company aslo had a couple Muranos out there, those things are pretty ugly

The Yaris apparently out-fleets the Cobalt, there were easily as many Yaris as there were Chargers, not surprising, with gas what it is, the Yaris makes sense as a rental.

GM wasn't represented that heavily, an Acadia, an Outlook, a small handful of Impalas and Cobalts, one DTS and a Lucerne.

Only one currently available Ford, an Escape, the rest of the Fords there were Tauruses (not the current one, the pre-500 Taurus) and a Freestyle (I guess that is technically still available).

1 Avenger, a couple of Sebring convertibles, 1 Liberty

1 Prius, a ton of Yaris, no other Toyotas

The only Honda in the lot was an illegally parked MDX, unless Enterprise recently started putting W42 stickers on their vehicles.

Edited by Satty

I'm seeing a whackload of Nissan GT-Rs.

Where? I didn't even know they were out yet! I drove by a Nissan dealership a while ago to see if I could catch a glimpse of one in the showroom, but alas, none to be found...

And speaking of dealerships, has anyone actually seen a Ford Edge on the road? one of the local dealerships here is touting it as a "best seller", yet I don't think I have seen a single one since they came out.

I saw an M-Plated new V8 Colorado this morning in an interesting blue color with what I would guess was some GM accessory chrome wheels on it. It looked good, and I would have had one of these if it weren't for the escalating gas prices!! This would have been a fun truck to take to the sand dunes, lighter than a 1/2 ton Chevy and a V8 to boot...sweet!

Where? I didn't even know they were out yet! I drove by a Nissan dealership a while ago to see if I could catch a glimpse of one in the showroom, but alas, none to be found...

And speaking of dealerships, has anyone actually seen a Ford Edge on the road? one of the local dealerships here is touting it as a "best seller", yet I don't think I have seen a single one since they came out.

The Edge seems to be popular around here - I see them daily.

Yesterday, an off-white Jaguar XF... no dealer tags, but owned by someone. First one I've seen. I tried to follow it as far as I could, but I had to stop off and pick up our pizza for dinner... :P

Hong Kong. :D

I figured it would be obvious I'm not in Canada when my other car spotting post said I saw Alfas...

Edited by ToniCipriani

-beat to death 1963 Cadillac Fleetwood hearse

-beat to death 1963 Cadillac Fleetwood limousine

Saw these two cars at two seperate places in two seperate towns on two seperate days, VERY weird.

ALSO:

-1936 Packard 120 touring sedan

-1965 Buick Electra 225 convertible

-1970 Cadillac Sedan DeVille

-1933 Ford 3-window coupe (hot rodded)

-1973 Ford Mustang

-1967 Chevrolet Chevelle Super Sport