Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
regfootball

FLEX - hit or miss?

Will the Ford Flex be a market hit or a market miss?   31 members have voted

1. 1. Ford Flex be a market hit or a market miss?

• YES, it will be a hit and mostly meet its aggressive sales goals
    • NO, it will not sell as well as they want, and it will not be a market hit

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

11 posts in this topic

OK, the Flex is near....about a month from hitting showrooms....see question above. DISCUSS.

I am leery that they will not make their aggressive sales goals.

Why? Too pricey, and quite simply, the vehicle doesn't even surpass the Taurus X in any functional capacity besides 2nd row leg room! Check the specs, the cargo capacity is embarassing for a vehicle that is to some degree to substitute for a minivan.

In comparo to the lambdas, the flex lacks seating capacity, width for passengers and cargo, and may be quite a bit more than the Traverse.

I am not voting until i see what others think.

Edited by regfootball

I'm a fan of both the Flex and Taurus X... I don't think the Flex styling will age as well as the Freestyle/Taurus X tho... Regardless, it's got lower ground clearance, Sync, it will likely handle better, and it looks great in that dark red color... If marketed right it'll be a hit.

I say more hit than miss.

(Although it's got the wrong name......<ugh>)

In today's fuel economy "crisis" I could see some people migrating to the "more-car-like" Flex (re....lower to the ground, etc.) than higher-riding CUVs......but mostly I see the Flex as an intriguing design.

We'll see......

ford is counting on people moving down from expeditions, explorers, tahoes, etc. into this thing.

in my opinion, the interior styling is a big miss. not to mention the taurus x actually has a higher cargo capacity. that is a HUGE flaw to me at least.

I hope it's a hit because it's a "bold move" for once. It's not pretty but it's far less ugly than other boxes out there.

I hope it's a hit because it's a "bold move" for once. It's not pretty but it's far less ugly than other boxes out there.

I think in today's market, a "bold move" will get you much further than sticking close to the masses........

It's one reason, for example, I think the BMW X6 will be a HUGE hit.....it's not everyone's cup-of-tea.....but damn is it distinctive. Flex, hopefully, will get much of the same attention......

i look at the X6 and it looks a damn lot like the aztek in my garage. the x6 is flat out ugly. that's what i think of that overweight, overpriced, unattractive 'sports activity coupe' or whatever it is. I think BMW erred big time on the x6, even if it does indeed sell.

it's a "bold move" for once.

The Edsel was a "bold move" of sorts too :smilewide:

:P

I'm thinking minor hit.

Visually, it's not a knock-out. Suffers from the poor execution in & out that has plagued production Ford models over the past few years (ie surface quality, bezel construction, interior materials and controls etc etc)

It will have to be marketed quite well for it to succeed, or it will be a solution to only a niche markets' needs.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0