Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MRDETROITMETAL

One seat sportscitycar thing !

8 posts in this topic

To me it is not all that an interesting concept considering the #1 car in China, the World'smost populated country is a ...BUICK !

But, WTH here are a few ideas I cam up with anyway...I went with the "snowmobile" styled tracker concept :

:scratchchin: :scratchchin: :scratchchin:

post-1820-1209977134_thumb.jpg

post-1820-1209977152_thumb.jpg

post-1820-1209977184_thumb.jpg

Yes, it is snowmobile like in the layout as it has 2 tread tires out back, a flip top lift door, and covered wheel fenders upfront....I did a bit of research on the drive system which is adapted from snowmobile technology the main difference is that the "tracks" are actually tires in this application....here is a Host pix if you can't see it...I am starting a final render of it this week, so if your interested I will post it up here when finished. Meanwhile, any suggestions are welcome, it is for a design comp at S&D. It is not really my type of thing, but have done enough on it so far that I may as well finish it as best I can for now.

this pix shows several ideas and the basic "chassis structure" (3rd one down) under each body, the concept includes being able to change body styles, raise or lower the drive hight, and a variety of powerplants....these were the early sketches and do not fully show the 2 tire tread configuation, as I was toying with the idea of a single wide tread, but that required the engine to be within the wheel track, and nah it was not really gonna work like that, so I went with 2 now...the 2nd set (color) shows some of the different body styles...;

1peel4xsmalljr8.jpg

1peelclrsmllyj3.jpg

Edited by MRDETROITMETAL

Why treads out back?

Surely they'd hurt fuel economy. Rolling resistance is a big MPG robber.

Why treads out back?

Surely they'd hurt fuel economy. Rolling resistance is a big MPG robber.

Well it is VERY SMALL, not much bigger than a snowmobile, so I thought the "tracks" would lend a better stability to the roadworthyness of the concept...here are afew other ideas I rejected that show other configurations ;

1peelnotpostrw0.jpg

Edited by MRDETROITMETAL

I think I'd prefer Rollerblades w/ electric motors & hydraulic brakes. :P

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room