Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
regfootball

URGENT HELP ME PICK COLOR

51 posts in this topic

want tan leather but can only get it with Gold exterior but would be sacrificing safety package. if i want the safety package, then i have to choose between white (ARGHHHHH) and 'dark shadow gray' with GRAY INTERIOR YUUCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK votes please

Dude. Hold off until you get the color/equipment combo you WANT. Seriously. Otherwise, it'll bug the living crap out of you for the rest of your ownership of the car.

I agree with fly. Shop around, order from the factory or wait. I've seen gold 500s and, IMO, look pretty good in the color.

Definitely wait. Like Fly said, it'll haunt you for as long as you own the car. I don't like Gold exteriors, personally, but if that's what you want then you should get it.

I prefer DSG/gray interior, myself. DSG is just...pretty

[post="33558"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

that's what they want to force on me, its on their lot.

i do agree with the others, to wait, except the buyer of my car now will get impatient and maybe bolt if nothing happens in the next day or so. its crucial I don't lose that. i want to get in on the end of month frenzy, with the dealers so desperate.

i just can't believe how ford bundles their options and colors. its worse than GM and pontiac almost. Edited by regfootball

Out of those choices I'd do the silver too, beats white and retirement gold.

i really want either redfire or merlot (whichever red it is), the dark blue, the titanium green, or I suppose black would do in a pinch. The titanium green is very audiesque.

So your buying A Ford 500! Good Choice.Its one of my favorite cars. Golds Nice and Also The Black is. Gold looks nice on 500's. I say gold.But its your choice man!

i really want either redfire or merlot (whichever red it is), the dark blue, the titanium green, or I suppose black would do in a pinch.

The titanium green is very audiesque.

[post="33580"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Dark Blue is also Nice.

See if you can get Scarlet Red to match the big old "A" on your sleeve... GM ADULTERER!

(Truth be told, I think the Freestyle is rather elegant looking, inside and out. Please tell me you are not getting one with CVT.)

See if you can get Scarlet Red to match the big old "A" on your sleeve... GM ADULTERER!

(Truth be told, I think the Freestyle is rather elegant looking, inside and out.  Please tell me you are not getting one with CVT.)

[post="33593"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

6 speed auto in the 500. the freestyle felt heavy and they've retuned the 6 speed for more aggressive shifting.

i'm trying leasing for the first time, otherwise i'd be buying a cobalt or something.

i really want either redfire or merlot (whichever red it is), the dark blue, the titanium green, or I suppose black would do in a pinch.

The titanium green is very audiesque.

[post="33580"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Redfire is the bright(er) red, Merlot is the dark(er) one. [holds brochure up to monitor]

I'm allergic to beige.
but
Is there ONLY ONE dealer where you live??? Considering how the :pMedia is saying sales have tanked for October, won't the dealer swap-around for a combo you like?

Redfire is the bright(er) red, Merlot is the dark(er) one. [holds brochure up to monitor]

I'm allergic to beige.
but
Is there ONLY ONE dealer where you live??? Considering how the :pMedia is saying sales have tanked for October, won't the dealer swap-around for a combo you like?

[post="33615"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

i've got the agreement all done, but its ford, in the region they can't find the colors teamed with the options i want, seriously. i had the same issues with the aztek.

i vowed after my first sho and tbird never to do cool gray interior in leather again. its so fricking nasty. i might have to settle for pueblo gold

crap, had to do pueblo gold. ford sucks. ford is saving the tan leather mostly for the limiteds it seems. Edited by regfootball

The Freestyle is more popular here then the 500, here in Beaverton, Oregon, I see at least 20 of them a day, a few 500's here and there, but the Freestyle's Function seems to really be getting across to the potential mini-van/gi-normousSUV's crowd... but anyways, Black with the tan interior, no other would do it for me, unless it's the Montego, then any color.

You;re buying a new Ford 500? I'm sorry. Hope things improve for you soon. :mellow:

thanks for the love.....! the 500 isn't my first choice by any means, but the way my deal is set up, it fits my budget well, and i get a nice spacious safe and fuel efficent car for decent price. and plenty of room for s3x in the back too, if the woman so inclines. just so y'all know, i did make a last stab at a GTP G6, a GXP GP, and an Impala SS but those were significantly more. So was the Galant GTS oddly enough. So I'm STUCK with a ford again. I'll put some class back in my garage again, the Aztek is a bit of a bad seed ya know. The wife will have the Aztek worn out soon anyways. 13 1/2 months and nearly 30k miles already. Edited by regfootball

thanks for the love.....!

the 500 isn't my first choice by any means, but the way my deal is set up, it fits my budget well, and i get a nice spacious safe and fuel efficent car for decent price.

and plenty of room for s3x in the back too, if the woman so inclines.

just so y'all know, i did make a last stab at a GTP G6, a GXP GP, and an Impala SS but those were significantly more.  So was the Galant GTS oddly enough.

So I'm STUCK with a ford again.  I'll put some class back in my garage again, the Aztek is a bit of a bad seed ya know.  The wife will have the Aztek worn out soon anyways.  13 1/2 months and nearly 30k miles already.

[post="33740"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Impala LTZ or Impala LT??????
you shopped the V8 SS against a 500? not sure I'd call that apples to apples

The Five Hundred may not have anywhere near the breakout style of an Aztek (or a front bench seat or better engine), but it is a fine car with superb passenger and cargo room, and a wealth of features at an affordable price on every model, even the top-shelf Limited with all-wheel-drive (which is cheaper than those dated, cramped Subaru Legacy/Outback anyway).

You should have gotton a RWD Chrysler 300 instead!! Ha ha, just kidding! :P I like the dark blue Fivehundred's. My interior on my 300 is practically white, and it's really not as bad as I thought it would be to keep clean. The leather is due for a cleaning now though, but it has been over a year.

Impala LTZ or Impala LT?????? 
you shopped the V8 SS against a 500?  not sure I'd call that apples to apples

[post="33778"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Simply put, the Impala is too expensive so i had to step down the ladder and look at something cheaper. I'm leasing not buying so that factors into it. As of today, there is a glitch because I want to add remote start and heated seats (GM leads in this arena) so now I might be looking at a Limited with the 18" wheels instead of the SEL. But we'll see. I've run into a sales manager who is young, immature, pushy, rude, etc. This whole car buying experience has been from hell. I may just tell him 2...........we'll see. I'm gonna give it another honest chance.

If this opens up my color choices again it'll be nice. I was ready to live with beige but now since they have more exterior color choices for the Limiteds with the pebble leather, maybe I will be able to get the blue, or redfire, or titanium green. Edited by regfootball

...I want to add remote start and heated seats (GM leads in this arena) so now I might be looking at a Limited with the 18" wheels instead of the SEL. 

[post="34084"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

the saga continues (this is better than daytime tv Posted Image but then...)

meant to ask, regfootball, did you price-compare a Montego? Edited by 2b2

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room