loki

09 mustang

15 posts in this topic

is it this the year we'll see a new body style or will it be a '10MY that changes?

is it this the year we'll see a new body style or will it be a '10MY that changes?

C/D reports it as an '10....which makes sense. If their description/pictures are to be believed, it will be more of a MCE....but with the Giugiaro-looking front end, and some nice revisions to the rear 3/4 bodywork.

Top engine is supposed to be a 400hp 6.2L (Hurricane?) V8......and the base engine is, they reported, still the 4.0L OHC V6 (although we've all heard from many "sources" that Ford is going to use the 3.5L or 3.7L V6....so don't know if that's true or not.)

C/D reports it as an '10....which makes sense. If their description/pictures are to be believed, it will be more of a MCE....but with the Giugiaro-looking front end, and some nice revisions to the rear 3/4 bodywork.

Top engine is supposed to be a 400hp 6.2L (Hurricane?) V8......and the base engine is, they reported, still the 4.0L OHC V6 (although we've all heard from many "sources" that Ford is going to use the 3.5L or 3.7L V6....so don't know if that's true or not.)

The front end illustrated on the cover of C&D is pretty ugly, IMHO... not an improvement over the current car... it looks like the profile change will be more of a kickup/hip above the rear wheelwell...

It will also have a 5.0L V8 for mid-range models, and possible an Ecoboost version (either I4 or V6).

my boss drove the 4.0L last year.... he said the car was 'sloppy and was gutless compared to his 4 cyl camry'.

putting their 3.5L in would sure generate more sales by itself.

my boss drove the 4.0L last year.... he said the car was 'sloppy and was gutless compared to his 4 cyl camry'.

putting their 3.5L in would sure generate more sales by itself.

No offense to your boss, but I think that's complete crap.

I've driven many a 4.0L Mustang.....and the engine may be "tractor-like" and rough, but it's a rocketship. Most C&D test drives/road tests show the coupe going 0-60 (with an auto!) in like 6.9secs.....and I think the convertible in the comparo with the G6 still went 7.3 0-60. It definitely pushes you in the back.......

HOW does that EVEN compare to a 4-banger Camry? Yeah.....RIGHT......

I've also found the suspension tight and well-controlled even in V6 form. There's not a bit of floatiness to the car at all.

That being said, the 3.5L or 3.7L would bring a welcome bit of refinement to the powertrain........

No offense to your boss, but I think that's complete crap.

I've driven many a 4.0L Mustang.....and the engine may be "tractor-like" and rough, but it's a rocketship. Most C&D test drives/road tests show the coupe going 0-60 (with an auto!) in like 6.9secs.....and I think the convertible in the comparo with the G6 still went 7.3 0-60. It definitely pushes you in the back.......

HOW does that EVEN compare to a 4-banger Camry? Yeah.....RIGHT......

I've also found the suspension tight and well-controlled even in V6 form. There's not a bit of floatiness to the car at all.

That being said, the 3.5L or 3.7L would bring a welcome bit of refinement to the powertrain........

well it could be that he loved his camry too much, he bought a solara (V6) for his wife to replace it.

well it could be that he loved his camry too much, he bought a solara (V6) for his wife to replace it.

Yes, some people absolutely love Toyotas..I don't get it, to me their product is a bunch of dull FWD generics (like a lot of GMs, Fords, etc), but whatever floats yer boat..

the 4.0 needs to be $h!canned for the v6 to have any cred going forward. and that's not even being blunt enough.

Yes, some people absolutely love Toyotas..I don't get it, to me their product is a bunch of dull FWD generics (like a lot of GMs, Fords, etc), but whatever floats yer boat..

They're perceived to be built like tanks that eternally reliable while they feel American brands will rattle apart or lemon up the minute they close the deal.

Apparently the '10 Mustang may no longer be getting the 6.2L Hurricane, last I heard. EcoBoost 3.5L and 5.0L V8 still sound like they are a go, however. Apparently the 6.2L will add too much weight to the vehicle, and Ford is trying to reduce weight for the update. I'm not shedding any tears...the 5.0 and 3.5 EcoBoost are much more important for this launch.

650hp with optional "Type R" sticker package.

5.0 V8 how much hp?

350-400 hp from what I hear for the GT

Edited by mustang84

650hp with optional "Type R" sticker package.

Ha-ha..that's the Shelby GT500KR. I wonder if the Shelby models will continue after '10 restyle.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room