GMT900 Exposed: The Avalanche!

Guest Josh

Actually, the main inspiration for the GMT900's is the 70's, believe it or not:
Posted Image

Posted Image

And there is a healthy dose of '73-87 too:
Posted Image

[post="7106"][/post]

After I got done posting I was thinking hey the side does look kinda like a Early 70's silverado. And you cleared my thoughts completely I can definately see the resemblance in the trucks. I'd never seen that Computer generated image of the Cheyenne concept and its obvious inspiration.

I've always been a fan of the late 60's to late 80's silverado's I think they always had nice body lines and looked good as a street truck or off road truck.

I can't wait to see the Silverado single cab now in a Medium Blue or a Black color I believe they will just set off the contours of the sides of the GMT 900 trucks. Also I'm glad Chevy aint going all Slab sided with their trucks like Ford has...........

Because the majority of us don't care for (and can't fit in) dopey little 50HP deathtraps with 12" wheels.

[post="7267"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

LOL besides Bigger is better to Some Americans (like me)

A 91 caprice is longer than a 94 F-150 with extendedcab and a 6 1/2 foot bed!

Any way i like for it to say Chevorlet on the back not a big Bowtie.

it does look better though.

The new Avalanche looks bland, at least compared to the more daring current model. Hopefully all of its features will be retained.

• 3 weeks later...

At the GM debut for the Tahoe, there were a few of the other 900's shown to media. Among them was an orange Avalanch!

Here is a screen capture from GM Drivetime (GM TV). Its on the right behind Wendy.
Posted Image
edit: bigger image:
Posted Image

Edited by !!!TED!!!

From the press material today:

The Chevrolet Avalanche and Cadillac Escalade EXT cast unique profiles with their open cargo areas and segment-exclusive Mid-gate re-configurable cargo systems. The ’07 models feature more integrated styling, enabled by the platform’s “clean sheet” redesign and more aerodynamic roofline. A cleaner look also is created with the elimination of lower-body cladding.

A sad (but expected day) for us cladded Avalanche owners. Cladding made the Avalanche unique from the concept into production.

Now, would I have liked body color painted cladding as an option on my previous (2003) and current 2004 Av, but it differentiated itself from a Silverado.

But the main reason I got the cladded Av was the unique front end. Not a Tahoe/Burb front end, or a Silverado....but a unique front end thats also likely to go by the wayside (likely to be similar to the new Tahoe, not the new Silverado) :mellow:

Another disgusting fuel-guzzling truck. :puke: Why are you Americans still interested in such monsters?

[post="7096"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Besides the fact that we like to ride up on your rear bumper and show you our headlights......many of us own, and enjoy, pulling boats and trailers, which the non-monsters don't do well, if at all.

Be fortunate that this is America, where your stupid opinion is allowed with all of the others.

And, by the way, thanks for not guzzling fuel (with whatever econobox you squeeze into), all the more for me. Edited by goblue1999

From the press material today:
A sad (but expected day) for us cladded Avalanche owners. Cladding made the Avalanche unique from the concept into production.

Now, would I have liked body color painted cladding as an option on my previous (2003) and current 2004 Av, but it differentiated itself from a Silverado.

But the main reason I got the cladded Av was the unique front end. Not a Tahoe/Burb front end, or a Silverado....but a unique front end thats also likely to go by the wayside (likely to be similar to the new Tahoe, not the new Silverado) :mellow:

[post="17643"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

You may still be able to buy the clad package, as an accessory from SPO.

I saw that too Ted, and was about to post it. It looks similar to the current one (obviously), but I'm guess its a Tahoe with that after the second door.

[post="17486"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Actually, it is, as it has always been, ALL Suburban, with the rearmost glass and roof panel chopped and replaced by the cool bed system. The Tahoe is too short for it, but body panels, interiors, wheels, etc. should be identical between the 3 Chevy's.

Another disgusting fuel-guzzling truck. :puke: Why are you Americans still interested in such monsters?

We'll either you are one of the under nourished americans or a transplant from the small places in the Asian rim or Europe.

I am tired of people bashing trucks, SUV's and the few full size Car's.

At 6'6" 280lbs, I am anything but fat. I stay fit and am only comfortable in my suburban or caddilac. I work hard just like anyone else that owns these big babies.

Due to your "Americans" comment above you must not live here and have no knowledge of some of the big spaces one must drive across to get from one town to another in the midwest or west coast. Not to mention the need to haul etc.

I respect your right to make comments and freedom of speach, but before you put a country or people down for liking something, try to better understand other areas rather than just thinking everyone must fit your local area. <_<

You sound like a narrow minded conservative. Open your mind!

After I got done posting I was thinking hey the side does look kinda like a Early 70's silverado. And you cleared my thoughts completely I can definately see the resemblance in the trucks. I'd never seen that Computer generated image of the Cheyenne concept and its obvious inspiration.

I've always been a fan of the late 60's to late 80's silverado's I think they always had nice body lines and looked good as a street truck or off road truck.

I can't wait to see the Silverado single cab now in a Medium Blue or a Black color I believe they will just set off the contours of the sides of the GMT 900 trucks. Also I'm glad Chevy aint going all Slab sided with their trucks like Ford has...........

[post="7523"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Ah..but there were no early 70's Silverado's-along with lower-mid-level Scottsdale, the Silverado arrived for 1975 as the top-grade level, above Cheyenne (back then it was a high trim that lasted through 1981, then of course replaced Custom Deluxe in the 1988 redesign/other old carryover trucks as base level). So, as it was, Custom Deluxe, Scottsdale, Cheyenne, and Silverado, plus later Custom Deluxe-exempt Sport packages. I'd like to see more colors from Silverado, and sharp-looking base models we saw until 2005. And if you're going to have a W/T trim-make it V-8, few-option regular cab only! And black those bumpers and that grille!

Because we aren't forced to drive smaller vehicles due to the tiny streets in Europe. I'm sure if you had wider roads and more land, Europeans would drive vehicles like these too.

Besides the fact that we like to ride up on your rear bumper and show you our headlights......many of us own, and enjoy, pulling boats and trailers, which the non-monsters don't do well, if at all.

Be fortunate that this is America, where your stupid opinion is allowed with all of the others.

And, by the way, thanks for not guzzling fuel (with whatever econobox you squeeze into), all the more for me.

[post="17695"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

LOL!
nice crackback goblue! that was bloody brilliant (for an american :P )
long live the truck!

And, by the way, thanks for not guzzling fuel (with whatever econobox you squeeze into), all the more for me.

[post="17695"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

LOL. Edited by nzr

I still think anyone that designs square wheelwell openings for round wheels and tires, should be fired first...then shot!

[post="17767"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Why? It gives it a more rugged, less wimpified look, which is quite fitting, IMHO, on a truck.

Then again, being an ex-owner of one of the ORIGINAL Avalanche's before they got stripped naked of everything and forced to use the uglified Silverado nose bits, I was and still am a HUGE fan of that trucks look, and after owning it, the functionality of it all.

Ah..but there were no early 70's Silverado's-along with lower-mid-level Scottsdale, the Silverado arrived for 1975 as the top-grade level, above Cheyenne (back then it was a high trim that lasted through 1981, then of course replaced Custom Deluxe in the 1988 redesign/other old carryover trucks as base level). So, as it was, Custom Deluxe, Scottsdale, Cheyenne, and Silverado, plus later Custom Deluxe-exempt Sport packages. I'd like to see more colors from Silverado, and sharp-looking base models we saw until 2005. And if you're going to have a W/T trim-make it V-8, few-option regular cab only! And black those bumpers and that grille!

[post="17714"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I'm not fully educated on the GM truck history I should have just refered to em as Chevy Trucks to keep myself from looking as silly, but sorry about that. Next time I'll brush up on my history a little more. I hope that the Silverado offers a wider range of colors, I think the blue they use now is too dark, the Colorado has a nice blue color that would work good for the Silverado............I really think that the non bland colors are gonna show off the lines of these trucks well. Expecially bold colors.......I really wish that the Tahoe was debuted in a not so boring color.......

• 1 month later...
The biggest problem that I see with the current GM trucks is that they are too small and don't have alot of Horsepower. I like how the chevy trucks are a little boxy, because they look like the Silverados and Cheyennes from the 70's and 80's. If they make them more rounded, they take away all of the GM trucks distictive looks that lets you identify them just by taking a peek at them. I say, make em' bigger, more powerful, give it a grill like the new Tahoe and the curent Silverado and leave them alone. That's all that kept my dad from buying a 2003 Chevy Silverado 2500HD quadcab LT . Instead he went with a 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT. The only goog thing is the size and the exhaust note!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...