Bimmer325

2007 Buick Lacrosse

37 posts in this topic

Some minor changes based on recent information regarding a reworked front-fascia for '07. I'll post a more extensive (and higher quality) version in the near future. Note: The following photoshop rendering was done quickly and with a broken hand. It's more of an impression than anything else, just wanted to get a general idea of how it might look. Enjoy! http://www.cheersandgears.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/AH-HA_wink.gif

Posted Image

Spy Shot:
Posted Image Edited by Bimmer325

I thought it was mentioned that it was also supposed to have Velite-like headlight treatment as well... Also, you forgot the lower fascia differences. And the wheel's color doesn't seem right. :P Okay, I relize you have a broken hand and this was a quikie.. :D

I think the grill looks really good... Though, I feel the headlights are the bigest flaw of the car's design. I'm curious on how it would look with some HID projectors.

Bimmer325: Thank you very much for making this. GM could sell it just as you have it. If I may be a little nit-picky, I wish the wheels had a silver cast (rather than gold or bronze) to them. And I'm curious if the spacing between the vertical lines in the grille should somehow be mirrored closer in the wheels. But otherwise, I think it's very nice, and I do like the width of the grille as-is. (Is the Buick insignia flipped? Don't the shields go from bottom left to top right?)

nice, i think it would be a good carry over, and BV i think they said the new lower fascia was for '08 (i think). wildcat: good eye with the insignia. but its no big deal.

Wow, that spy pic looks awesome!! It actually looks upscale like a lexus, only it's a Buick. :D Unlike the current lacrosse that just looks like an average Chevy in Buick styling....

Split the bumper  throw in a LS4 with the 6 speed auto and load it up and you have a VERY viable Lexus competitor.
:metal:

Nah.. leave the LS4 for the Impala and Grand Prix... I'd say give this thing a Northstar (300hp min) or a turbo 3.6 (300 hp min)

I think this grill, lower front air dam are what it needs. I do wish a 2dr hardtop with a changed C pillor and tails would sell more than a few thou. Doesnt have to be a dome top like Pontiac but more practical for rear compartment but more fastback. I have no problems with the headlight concept, I think it just needs an update. I really dont think the rather largish looking Lucerne lights are the best either. These could have even more class and character. Maybe more teardrop up over the fender line rather than toward the side.

I'll vote for I/T 2.8 & I/T 3.6 engine options in keeping the divisions segregated slightly. Tuned for performance too, not denutted for questionable reasons, 310-320 should be not problem. Allow the 6stick option, serious F41 package, no wings!, I'd love those wheels in chrome & black options !, I'd still go for 3 tear drop ventiports per, on that model too. Edited by razoredge

Looks a HELL of a lot better than the current Lacrosse, and like it should have been all along. Same with the wheels, if they would finally adopt a style and size like that. Now, how soon is an emergency nose job coming for the dopey snoze on the Lucerne?

I really like your design...I wouldn't change a thing to it.

Great job! that would infuse some much needed enthusiasm. It gives it a feeling of power and sure footedness. imo

that spy shot is tremendous, i hope they don't poison it with BENCH SEATS

[post="34079"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

And what's wrong with bench seats? They're comfortable and easy to slide over on... And there's more room to move your legs around.

And what's wrong with bench seats? They're comfortable and easy to slide over on... And there's more room to move your legs around.

[post="34138"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Uncomfortable, never have my car packed to where I need to squeeze someone in the middle, nothing to hold you in place while turning fast, the armrests suck with bench seats, cupholders are usually useless, cant have floor shifter, should I keep going? But, those are the same reasons I prefer Pontiacs over Buicks. So my opinion doesn't count for much in this thread.

well having sex is easier with a bench trust me

[post="34179"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Yes, but I'd prefer to keep my car clean. I dont eat or drink in my car, you think I'm gonna have sex in it?

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead