Join the Forum Foray!

Flybrian

As far as I know the next Grand Am will have the 2.2l Ecotec, perhaps the 170hp 2.4l, the 3.2l Ecotec V6 (at least 220hp), a new Fiat-GM 6-speed manual and Aisin-AW 5-speed autos (at least the AF33-5 used in the Saturn Vue and the Vectra). Later on it might get one of the new generation of GM 6-speed autos still in development and the new 2.8l Ecotec V6.

Whatever happened to this?!?!? Damn... cost cutting, once again, took its effects...

Before my time... I joined in late-late 2004.

So old in fact that I was the 14th highest poster... wow... I like the conversations better back then...!

[post="33812"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

True that...

I can't see the page (Damn work software) but if the dates here are right I would've been celebrating a year at CheersandGears right around that time.

I miss those days...

We were all a lot closer, naturally, because we were smaller. I was less negative, the news about GM was nothing but positives.

I'd love to be able to foster that sort of environment here but it's too hard, unless we changed things in a MAJOR way.

True that...

I can't see the page (Damn work software) but if the dates here are right I would've been celebrating a year at CheersandGears right around that time.

I miss those days...

We were all a lot closer, naturally, because we were smaller. I was less negative, the news about GM was nothing but positives.

I'd love to be able to foster that sort of environment here but it's too hard, unless we changed things in a MAJOR way.

[post="33935"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

FOG, the forum obviously isnt the same, but you gotta admit there is good news comin out of GM right now. Come on look at the new 900s, the hybrid systems suppsedly in development, the Solstice, the new Impala, the HHR, the Camaro which may come out, and RWD.

Though there is a cloud of bad news with Delphi and the other stuff out there, I think GM has good product and a promising future if it stays on track.

FOG, the forum obviously isnt the same, but you gotta admit there is good news comin out of GM right now. Come on look at the new 900s, the hybrid systems suppsedly in development, the Solstice, the new Impala, the HHR, the Camaro which may come out, and RWD.

Though there is a cloud of bad news with Delphi and the other stuff out there, I think GM has good product and a promising future if it stays on track.

[post="33969"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I agree there is a lot of good news now. It's almost as if we hit the trough and now we're back on the upswing, but we're not there yet.

And just as an aside, I wasn't trying to sound condescending about our current forum, we have a great group of people. I just miss the closeness that the site had back then. I think the reason we don't have that so much now is a product of a lot of things; negative times for GM, more people in the loop, for me personally, not spending as much time here.

For example; I remember when a new member would come on board back then one of the mods would always either start a thread or post a reply welcoming that person, then we would all chime in. The family vibe, part of what made/makes this place great and something that needs to be thought off more often by us all (Me and a few others especially)

And just as an aside, I wasn't not trying to sound condescending about our current forum, we have a great group of people. I just miss the closeness that the site had back then. I think the reason we don't have that so much now is a product of a lot of things; negative times for GM, more people in the loop, for me personally, not spending as much time here.

For example; I remember when a new member would come on board back then one of the mods would always either start a thread or post a reply welcoming that person, then we would all chime in. The family vibe, part of what made/makes this place great and something that needs to be thought off more often by us all (Me and a few others especially)

Even it's only been about two years since I joined, I definitely remember how different it was then. Alot nicer and friendlier... although, that going away could be my fault. Most likely my fault. But my excuse is the endless amount of negative news there was and still is. Also because I'm just messed up that way... :P

I don't remember being welcomed like that, but I remember seeing it for others and chiming in.

C&G is fast approaching its four-year anniversary. The board has evolved from the early days, from being a meeting place for a couple dozen guys talking cars to being a major source of automotive news. The old board was a lot tighter, and there was a whole lot less antagonism. But that's a sign of a growing community.

Even it's only been about two years since I joined, I definitely remember how different it was then. Alot nicer and friendlier... although, that going away could be my fault. Most likely my fault. But my excuse is the endless amount of negative news there was and still is. Also because I'm just messed up that way... :P

I don't remember being welcomed like that, but I remember seeing it for others and chiming in.

[post="34012"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I don't think it's any one persons fault and I enjoy reading your posts and I enjoy your sense of humor. I also think it's great that you're so passionate about Pontiac, it's commendable and respectable that at times you're not affraid to be an individual.

I think the constant negativity in the industry toward GM has A LOT to do with it. Personally I have struggled several times with leaving the forum or becoming an admin only simply because I think that my negativity has degraded the place somewhat. But, it's to be expected... When you're as passionate about something (GM or Pontiac) as we are then naturally you're going to either become combative or filled with sorrow when you see it slipping away, ESPECIALLY for all the wrong reasons.

I always heard that when a hobby turns into a stress that it's time to stop. There was one point in time that I dredded and hated coming to the forum simply because of the stress it induced (Bad news) it was a sad and sobering experience and my participation level hasn't fully recovered since. My initial posts were polar opposite of how I post now, but then the environment changed and once you defend GM like I do, you're expected to always defend GM in that way. It's a role that you get stuck in and eventhough I've hated myself for some of the snide things I've said at times, it's almost as if that's my place in this community and it's what's expected from me and therefore I comply. But alas, stress can be controlled and things ALWAYS get better if you're willing to try and change them.

Sorry to ramble, but I think it all relates to the point.

FOG, I can understand where you are coming from. I think we have all had] to go though it in some way(if you have been here a while). THere is nothing wrong with passion. At times I only wish we were a little more opened-minded. Other than that, I think things are pretty good.... Yep, I remember those times...THough somehow I always found myself in the Chevy Forum... :lol: I remember getting all those "welcome" posts..I got a little worried at first... :P :lol: Vipe, I wouldn't be hard on yourself-you were fine...