1967 Pontiac Catalina

I am absolutely in love with these cars... there is just something about them that whenever i see a picture i stare for a good 5 minutes... at this point i have decided that if i could own only one classic car from the 60s... above any camaro, corvette or GTO... i would want a 1967 Catalina coupe... do any of you guys happen to know production numbers for these things... or any other information that may help me get an idea of my chances of finding one once i graduate college and save up enough money for it?

any help at all would be greatly appreciated... and any pictures you may have that dont show up on google images would be awesome... give me more to stare at than just the two red ones and the green one haha

pontiac201967ew1.jpg

1967 also happens to be the only year Pontiac made a Grand Prix ragtop. Ever.

I personally love '67 Pontiacs. :)

Balthzar:

Agreed, I was just throwing out random trivia. :P

You know ME, I think that hardtops are WAY

cooler (and more practical) than convertibles.

There's not a hardtop out there (pillarless) that

I would not take over its ragtop counterpart.

wow that black bonneville coupe is gorgeous!!!

thanks a lot!

Do you want to buy one? If so, I know of a Bonneville in need of restoration for sale not more than 10 miles away from me. I don't think it costs over five grand, if that.

Let me know if you are interested.

Edited by YellowJacket894

for real i would love to but im not sure if i can make it work right now... nor do i know of anyplace i can store it... altho if it is cheap enough...

can you get me some more information?

Of course. I will get some more information for you either tomorrow or Wednesday, probably Wednesday as I will not be as busy as I have been today or will be tomorrow. So check back here over the next two days.

Actually, I do have some photos where you can just barely see the car, it is in the background of a few pictures of a F1 Camaro I was considering to buy a few months back. I cropped out the F1 to show you what little I could of it. :smilewide:

SANY0518a1.jpg

SANY0511a1.jpg

It has mostly surface rust and a few minor dents from what I remember of it. I remember the floorboards being mostly solid, too.

Still interested?

EDIT: Just noticed the way the faulty rear-window seal has been fixed. I believe you might want to replace that seal. :P

>>"You know ME, I think that hardtops are WAY cooler (and more practical) than convertibles.

There's not a hardtop out there (pillarless) that I would not take over its ragtop counterpart."<<

I know; I'm the same way (unless maybe if we're talking about a 4-dr hardtop vs. a convert with a boot (ala: an Eldorado Biarritz))

i might be... depending on how reasonable the price is... and of course the whole distance issue... where in kentucky are you? i go to school in columbus, OH but i live in NJ... and school gets out in less than a month... so it all really depends on what i can work out... which will of course start with the price haha... thanks in advance!

I remember when that '67 showed up in your pics YJ, it was all I saw beyond the red blurry thing :wink:

Based on those 2 pics, if it's anywhere near $5K, it's at least 3K too much (barring something interesting like a 428/4-spd powertrain).

I would have some temporary outside storage room for a '67 Pontiac here in Middlesex Co... and there's possibly some at my brother's place in Hunterdon Co, too (he's got 6 acres).

Edited by balthazar

In most cases (flips to make $$$ aside) I'd take a 4dr hardtop over a ragtop.

i might be... depending on how reasonable the price is... and of course the whole distance issue... where in kentucky are you? i go to school in columbus, OH but i live in NJ... and school gets out in less than a month... so it all really depends on what i can work out... which will of course start with the price haha... thanks in advance!

I am in Berea, monte. It is a good drive from Columbus to here, I know.:P

I will get you some information on pricing as soon as I can. Maybe that will make it worth the drive, if it is cheap enough. And I know the owner of the place is not uptight with pricing, either. He won't refuse any offer that sounds reasonable. :)

I remember when that '67 showed up in your pics YJ, it was all I saw beyond the red blurry thing :wink:

Based on those 2 pics, if it's anywhere near $5K, it's at least 3K too much (barring something interesting like a 428/4-spd powertrain).

I remember the owner of the place that has it mentioned to me that it had a hugh jass engine, and that if it didn't sell he might turn it into a rat-rod-style car because it had a lot of power. Hmm ... :scratchchin:

I guess I will find out for sure within the next two days. :AH-HA_wink:

I love classic Chevys but 70% of the time, even back in the 1950s

and esp. in the '60s and '70s Pontiac had a better styled and often

times, better performing car for a very modest premium. The twin

port, double/split air damn/grille/scoop thing, big, bold & beautiful

chrome beaks & wrap-around bumpers are reason enough to buy

a Pontiac over a Chevrolet, what with most Chevys having that

much more cheap-looking bland grille.

sounds good YJ... thanks again

and yeah i agree with sixty8... theres just something about these old pontiacs that makes them so much more... alluring maybe... i cant find a good word for it haha

I called the number to the lot after school today. The owner was not in, but someone who usually helps him out answered the phone. He quoted me a price of $3900 but was not sure if that was what the owner was asking for it or not. (To be honest, I thought he was thinking that I was talking about another car on the lot when I was on the phone with him.)

I will double check tomorrow, Monte, and see if it has the 428 or not. I would have driven to the lot, but today, like the past two days, has been quite busy for me. I apologize for the further delay. :)

its no problem at all haha this thread was started with the intention of just getting an idea of how easy to find they would be and maybe get some nicer pictures... if it ends with me buying one itll be fantastic!!

I was not able to get up with the owner, Monte. I am going to go tomorrow morning and see if I can catch up with him then. <_<

I did get a few photos on my phone and as soon as I can figure out what is going wrong with Motorola Phone Tools, I will try and upload them. :)

I have bad news, Monte: The guy I had talked to on the phone was thinking that I was talking about another car, the F1 Firebird on the lot. To make that worse, the owner of the lot, which I finally managed to get up with today, does not want to sell the car, which does have the 428.

Here is the only photo Motorola Phone Tools would transfer to my PC. I have to download a new version of the software. I suppose the program is corrupt. <_<

17-05-08_1326.jpg

The '65 is probably my favorite style of the '65-68 Pontiacs.... of the earlier ones, my favorite is probably the '61...I love the roof and rear end treatment.

Edited by moltar

thats okay YJ... wouldve been cool to have one but its not a terrible loss... thanks for your help tho

thats okay YJ... wouldve been cool to have one but its not a terrible loss... thanks for your help tho

I am always happy to help. :)

If I see anymore Bonnevilles/Catalinas/etc. of this era locally, I will let you know. :AH-HA_wink: