Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MRDETROITMETAL

Red C10

7 posts in this topic

Starting with a real nice truck....the challenge was not to lose the Nice quality while still customizing the overall look a bit more :

orig :

1010417lb2.jpg

chop :

redc11yu7.jpg

Edited by MRDETROITMETAL

Ditch the fender vents and side-exit exhausts and give it a mild drop (about a 3/4) and it wouldn't be that bad, actually. Mostly it is quite cleaner. The offset license plate bracket is a nice touch and the offset, shrunken "CHEVROLET" font is interesting.

I prefer trucks with ground clearance, so I'm glad you didn't drop it. If it were ment to be low to the ground t would be s ports car or Ram SRT10 :P

I prefer trucks with ground clearance, so I'm glad you didn't drop it. If it were ment to be low to the ground t would be s ports car or Ram SRT10 :P

If you think about it, unless you are doing offroading, a lowered truck is more practical than a raised, or even stock height truck.

On the truck...lose that side exhaust. That doesn't belong at all...not how it is executed anyway. On the other hand, lake pipes would suit it much better. Good idea on shaving it. Do the same with the tails. Those clear lights do not belong (neither do the wheel in my opinion, but they can work if the rest of the truck is executed properly. I'm still not crazy about offset license plates, but it isn't something that hurts the look too much. I do like what you did with the tailgate lettering though. Maybe shave the tailgate as well? Lose the fender vents. I'm not so sure about the window, although I understand what you were trying to accomplish. Throw on a simple tonneau cover, give it a drop, and it will be lookin' better.

Edited by Nick

If you think about it, unless you are doing offroading, a lowered truck is more practical than a raised, or even stock height truck.

I know, but stock height looks more aesthetically pleasing to me...I prefer the 4x4 setup to the 4x2 setup. That's just my preference. :yes:

not a fan of those wheels - classic truck = use classic wheels.

Good:

-deleting those side marker things, those are aweful.

-shaved doors (I'm not a big fan of shaved doors, but it's definitely a good way to go for a show vehicle)

-looks like you touched up the side paint, gives it more of a "candy" look

Bad:

-side exhaust with what looks like a rice fart can. Side exit could be good, but not as-is

-side vents

Indifferent:

-side mirror delete (they looked a little funny, though I'd like to see some kind of side mirror)

-Chevrolet text size change on tailgate - both styles look classy.

I agree to ditch that side exhaust. Only thing else is leave the license plate in the center.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room